kasia_k

Mar 10, 2020
Poland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hello Everyone!

I just received a PPR letter! :D I would like to ask if anyone here sent only a photocopy of the passport as requested in the letter?

"If you do not require a visa to enter Canada: Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member. "

I think most of the people on the forum need a Visa to enter Canada but in my case (Polish / EU passport) I only need an eTA (Travel Authorization). Maybe I should send them everything "just in case" (passport and photocopy)? I just don't want to cause more delays in the process :rolleyes: So now I'm freaking out and I wonder what would be better to do...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Everyone!

I just received a PPR letter! :D I would like to ask if anyone here sent only a photocopy of the passport as requested in the letter?

"If you do not require a visa to enter Canada: Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member. "

I think most of the people on the forum need a Visa to enter Canada but in my case (Polish / EU passport) I only need an eTA (Travel Authorization). Maybe I should send them everything "just in case" (passport and photocopy)? I just don't want to cause more delays in the process :rolleyes: So now I'm freaking out and I wonder what would be better to do...
Are you in Poland or Canada?

At any rate, if they say they don't need it, they don't need it.

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hello! Has anyone recently flown to Canada from Russia on a visitor visa? Did you require travel authorization? I have a husband in Canada. And heard that someone still requested this authorization..

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hello Everyone!

Do what the letter says and nothing more. If they don't need your passport, don't send the passport.

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hello! Has anyone recently flown to Canada from Russia on a visitor visa? Did you require travel authorization? I have a husband in Canada. And heard that someone still requested this authorization..
I'd advise you to read about it from official sources but if you have a visa you shouldn't need an eTA.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/facts.html
"An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air."

The visa is sufficient.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'd advise you to read about it from official sources but if you have a visa you shouldn't need an eTA.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/facts.html
"An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air."

The visa is sufficient.
I agree but just note: copy of proof of marriage (with translatoin if needed) and proof that the spouse is a Canadian citizen or PR. Take a copy of the instructions to airport, the airlines are the first 'border,' and check with airline in advance if possible.

Also, don't forget quarantine / isolation plans. This may be the most important in a way. (This would be at the real border/port of entry in Canada)

kasia_k

Mar 10, 2020
Poland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Are you in Poland or Canada?

At any rate, if they say they don't need it, they don't need it.

I'm in Canada now. In my opinion they need only the copy of my passport BUT there is also information:

"STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
1. If you require a visa to enter Canada, please submit your package (Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member) through one of the Visa Application Centres (VAC). Your visa and COPR will be sent to you via the VAC.

2. If you do not require a visa to enter Canada, submit your package (Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member. ) via mail or courier directly to our office in Warsaw: Migration Section Embassy of Canada ul. Piekna 2/8 00-482 Warsaw, Poland

3. In Canada, to the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O): Submitting your document(s) in Canada If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa."

I will try to call the IRCC. Maybe they will give me a straight answer.

kasia_k

Mar 10, 2020
Poland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I should also mention STEP 2 which is clear to me - I don't need to send my passport:

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):
 Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.
 There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).
 Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.
 All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the biodata page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
 Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
 Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
 Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.
 Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

I'm only confused because of STEP 3 paragraph 3 :rolleyes:

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
I agree but just note: copy of proof of marriage (with translatoin if needed) and proof that the spouse is a Canadian citizen or PR. Take a copy of the instructions to airport, the airlines are the first 'border,' and check with airline in advance if possible.

Also, don't forget quarantine / isolation plans. This may be the most important in a way. (This would be at the real border/port of entry in Canada)
Just to be clear does my wife need all of these these as a PR to fly to Canada?

She was planning to carry
-Passport with visa
-COPR letter
-Birth certificate (russian)
-Marriage certificate (russian) - can add copy of the translation.
-Quarantine plan
-CSQ (quebec specific requirement)

She won't have a notarized translation of our marriage certificate or necessarily proof that I'm a Canadian citizen. I guess she could have a scan of my passport? Is that needed? I never head of those being necessary

kasia_k

Mar 10, 2020
Poland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Just to be clear does my wife need all of these these as a PR to fly to Canada?

She was planning to carry
-Passport with visa
-COPR letter
-Birth certificate (russian)
-Marriage certificate (russian) - can add copy of the translation.
-Quarantine plan
-CSQ (quebec specific requirement)

She won't have a notarized translation of our marriage certificate or necessarily proof that I'm a Canadian citizen. I guess she could have a scan of my passport? Is that needed? I never head of those being necessary
When I landed as 'visiting spouse' they asked for our marriage certificate and a photocopy / scan of my husband's passport. Maybe she should take it just in case?

Reactions: Bynming