+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
We sent it on September 16th via pony express.
They sent an email confirmation with tracking on September 23rd.
I got a status update application approved September 30th
We received it back today October 6th.

Also, as a side note, there was a delay with the tracking updates. We didn't even expect the passport until the courier called.
It seems from armoured's case that things have slowed down a bit since then

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It seems from armoured's case that things have slowed down a bit since then
I hate these VFS people and wish I had sent to Warsaw.

I contacted by email today as still haven't heard anything.

First, they say they wrote a few days later and didn't hear back from us. Of course, they sent not to the email / phone marked in large letters on the cover page CONTACT PERSON. Probably mistyped the email too. (I made sure to provide this email as spouse's email has a more aggressive spam filter)

Then it turns out they want EVERY PERSON in the family to fill out each of the forms, even the minors. Even if that is stupid, they could have specified this when I double-checked with them.

Then, they want the delivery fee paid for each person in the group. It's marked a courier fee, and no info that they want this paid for each passport. (I did make sure to specify that the "FEE" was paid for each person.

Then, they of course say that the passport photos are the wrong size. I double-checked this and they are the right size (and are the exact same size we have submitted in past to Canadian embassy).

I hate them. There is literally no step of this that they have done properly and provided clear instructions.

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
I hate these VFS people and wish I had sent to Warsaw.

I contacted by email today as still haven't heard anything.

First, they say they wrote a few days later and didn't hear back from us. Of course, they sent not to the email / phone marked in large letters on the cover page CONTACT PERSON. Probably mistyped the email too. (I made sure to provide this email as spouse's email has a more aggressive spam filter)

Then it turns out they want EVERY PERSON in the family to fill out each of the forms, even the minors. Even if that is stupid, they could have specified this when I double-checked with them.

Then, they want the delivery fee paid for each person in the group. It's marked a courier fee, and no info that they want this paid for each passport. (I did make sure to specify that the "FEE" was paid for each person.

Then, they of course say that the passport photos are the wrong size. I double-checked this and they are the right size (and are the exact same size we have submitted in past to Canadian embassy).

I hate them. There is literally no step of this that they have done properly and provided clear instructions.
Those people are completely insane. It's lunacy that they're allowed to operate. I don't know what I would do in your situation... How do you fix photos that are the correct size. Their office is completely unfit for their mandate.

Reactions: armoured

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
My wife landed October 1. Good luck to all, I hope you are with your spouses very soon. All the best.
Which airline did your wife fly with? Did it go well? We're looking at flights now (still no COPR but we're trying to plan ahead) and it looks like some airlines are selling tickets to flights that systematically get cancelled, which is concerning.

Mariaont5119

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi guys! Just wanted to say that I landed October 9th. Got my PPR September 11th. I don’t know if I told you here, We called our lawyer and asked him to contact IRCC to ask maybe they forgot about us. So as a result after a two days - we got the PPR. After that we had a lot of problems with VFS in Moscow. They changed their bank information, and my passport was untouched for two weeks. So basically all this process took almost a month because of their mistake!!! That cost me a lot of nerves. Landing was easy, thank God my husband was with me (he came to me in Russia in August), and no one asked me anything, I just signed my copr and that’s it. Just told me about quarantine mandatory, and stuff like that. They didn’t even say anything about when I will get my PR card, weird but whatever. Finally I’m here :)
Good luck and patience to all who is still waiting!

Moneris

Oct 9, 2013
Have the DHL rep contact the Naberezhnye Chelny location, they will know how to proceed as they did ours. We had the same problem and they contacted St. Petersburgh for instructions.
Hi Canuck_Morb. Just wanted to ask you if you had to schedule a pick up with DHL once the passports have been stamped with visa in Warsaw? In our case we received an email from Warsaw that the passport is ready for pick up last week but I'm afraid our DHL agent did not actually schedule a pick up yet.

Canuck_Morb

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Ottawa, Ont.
Which airline did your wife fly with? Did it go well? We're looking at flights now (still no COPR but we're trying to plan ahead) and it looks like some airlines are selling tickets to flights that systematically get cancelled, which is concerning.
My wife flew with Turkish Airlines. Kazan-Istanbul-Toronto.

Reactions: Bynming

Canuck_Morb

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Ottawa, Ont.
Hi Canuck_Morb. Just wanted to ask you if you had to schedule a pick up with DHL once the passports have been stamped with visa in Warsaw? In our case we received an email from Warsaw that the passport is ready for pick up last week but I'm afraid our DHL agent did not actually schedule a pick up yet.
We didn't schedule anything, we simply paid for the return airway bill. Her passport was returned immediately.

Reactions: JZee

JZee

Sep 14, 2020
Hi Everyone,
We got the passport request on 09th October and a pre-arrival on the 10th.
Here is the summary of our application:
AOR: 02 Dec, 2019
SA: 24 Dec, 2019
Medical Request: 30 Dec, 2019
Transferred to Warsaw: 13 Jan, 2020
ECAS status changed to processing(not really AOR2?): 01 Apr, 2020
AOR2 in GCKey: 22 June, 2020
COPR: 09 Oct, 2020
PA: 10th Oct, 2020

I am Canadian resident and my wife is from Kazakhstan. They have asked us to send the documents and a pre-paid return bill, because VFS is closed indefinitely in Kazakhstan. We plan to use DHL and hopefully they send it back quickly and then we can plan travel. Looks like Turkish airlines is the best option at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Verba and armoured

JZee

Sep 14, 2020
We didn't schedule anything, we simply paid for the return airway bill. Her passport was returned immediately.
I am trying to understand how return waybill works. When you paid for return airway bill did they give you a return label or something which you sent along with the package?

JZee

Sep 14, 2020
@Canuck_Morb @Moneris

Can anyone who used DHL to send a prepaid return envelop share what the process was?

The DHL guys in Kazakhstan told us that we can't pre-pay for the return as the USD price keeps changing.
So we should pay just for sending now while sending and then once the embassy puts the visa they would send us a mail and then we should go to DHL office in Kazakhstan and pay for return(with whatever the USD rate is that day).
Then once paid for return, then DHL in Warsaw will go and pick from embassy.

We spoke to UPS as well and they said they can give us a return bill/envelope which we can send along with the docs. So we plan to go with UPS.
Anyone has any experience with UPS?

Canuck_Morb

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Ottawa, Ont.
@Canuck_Morb @Moneris

Can anyone who used DHL to send a prepaid return envelop share what the process was?

The DHL guys in Kazakhstan told us that we can't pre-pay for the return as the USD price keeps changing.
So we should pay just for sending now while sending and then once the embassy puts the visa they would send us a mail and then we should go to DHL office in Kazakhstan and pay for return(with whatever the USD rate is that day).
Then once paid for return, then DHL in Warsaw will go and pick from embassy.

We spoke to UPS as well and they said they can give us a return bill/envelope which we can send along with the docs. So we plan to go with UPS.
Anyone has any experience with UPS?
As I mentioned before, we prepaid for the return airway bill. Ask DHL in Kazakhstan to contact the office in St. Petersburg, they'll be able to assist. It wasn't easy for us, at first they didn't know how to do it.

Reactions: JZee