+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Yeah, don't know what we would have done if we weren't sending it from Moscow; at least WArsaw works during normal business hours. The Mondays and Wednesdays thing is weird, surely they could consolidate receiving mail?

All I can suggest is bugging the courier company. And I wouldn't worry too much, it will get there, and doubtful Warsaw will be too strict about the 30 days thing during covid time.
My wife has contacted the courier and stressed the importance of it, so we're hoping to get it delivered tomorrow but managing expectations now. Other than that we're thinking of asking them to send it back so we can reship with Pony. Or maybe we'll just UPS or DHL the package to Warsaw.

And you're right, they're probably not going to be draconian about the 30 days thing. I need to chill out.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
And you're right, they're probably not going to be draconian about the 30 days thing. I need to chill out.
Definitely advise them if/when you know it will be submitted after the deadline date, though. But I think you only need to do that when the date is closer.

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Definitely advise them if/when you know it will be submitted after the deadline date, though. But I think you only need to do that when the date is closer.
I intend to contact them monday/tuesday next week if by then I don't think it'll be in their hands by the 9th of October.

Edit: And they fail to deliver again on Wednesday. Sigh.

Last edited:

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
They actually managed to deliver it today after reporting they couldn't! HYPE! All we had to do is complain.

So your application reached VFS one week before ours, would you care to update me with the progression of yours so we can know what to expect? Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
They actually managed to deliver it today after reporting they couldn't! HYPE! All we had to do is complain.

So your application reached VFS one week before ours, would you care to update me with the progression of yours so we can know what to expect? Thank you!
I'lll keep you up to date, but no news.

Reactions: Bynming

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just called VFS to check in (general call centre through the Moscow number). Unfortunately nothing much to report; I think we can expect delays (compared to what?).

The agent was very nice but basically said the volume of documents submitted and being handled since the centre in Moscow re-opened is very high and they're catching up. And no info available, but to expect emails from / through both VFS and Embassy - I understood a confirmation email at each stage i.e. to confirm but I'm not expecting much.

I spoke to an English-speaking agent, it's possible Russian-speaking or through email or chat would have more specific info.

• Sad
Reactions: Bynming

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
I just called VFS to check in (general call centre through the Moscow number). Unfortunately nothing much to report; I think we can expect delays (compared to what?).

The agent was very nice but basically said the volume of documents submitted and being handled since the centre in Moscow re-opened is very high and they're catching up. And no info available, but to expect emails from / through both VFS and Embassy - I understood a confirmation email at each stage i.e. to confirm but I'm not expecting much.

I spoke to an English-speaking agent, it's possible Russian-speaking or through email or chat would have more specific info.
Sigh. Wish I had been able to convince my wife to just send to Warsaw... Saving $300 is not worth weeks of delay. Hope we get our docs back in time for a mid November flight...

bossmon

Jun 28, 2020
Russia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2020
Hey all, my wife got her passport and COPR back from Moscow today. Don't worry, yes, they are moving slow but they are moving.

bossmon

Jun 28, 2020
Russia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2020
My wife landed October 1. Good luck to all, I hope you are with your spouses very soon. All the best.
congrats! we're right behind you :D

Reactions: Canuck_Morb

bossmon

Jun 28, 2020
Russia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2020
Sigh. Wish I had been able to convince my wife to just send to Warsaw... Saving $300 is not worth weeks of delay. Hope we get our docs back in time for a mid November flight...
Her visa should be valid through one year from Medicals received. When did she submit medicals?

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hey all, my wife got her passport and COPR back from Moscow today. Don't worry, yes, they are moving slow but they are moving.
Awesome, congrats! Could you tell me roughly when the package was delivered to the VAC so I can have a rough idea of a timeline?

bossmon

Jun 28, 2020
Russia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2020
Awesome, congrats! Could you tell me roughly when the package was delivered to the VAC so I can have a rough idea of a timeline?
We sent it on September 16th via pony express.
They sent an email confirmation with tracking on September 23rd.
I got a status update application approved September 30th
We received it back today October 6th.

Also, as a side note, there was a delay with the tracking updates. We didn't even expect the passport until the courier called.