Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
So our tracking now goes
24.09.2020 19:30 Возврат Москва г Отсутствует получатель

"Recipient missing". Hopefully this is not a complete return to sender and the courier company correctly took note of the 10:00-14:00 monday/wednesday availability of the VAC, which is written on the envelope.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Congratulations. How did you process the landing with a travel restrictions? Im assuming your CoPR is issued after 18 March and you did not travel from USA. Thank you
I can answer this: the prohibition on entry does not apply to immediate family members entering - on whatever valid document.

https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=39612&lang=en

The relevant part is "
Section 2 [the prohibition] does not apply to

(a) an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or of a permanent resident as defined in subsection 2‍(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;

So the March 18th thing does not apply, the COPR/visa can be used to enter as member of immediate family (only of course if you are going to / with immediate family member).

Note quarantine rules apply, etc.

Reactions: Belarusian

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So our tracking now goes
24.09.2020 19:30 Возврат Москва г Отсутствует получатель

"Recipient missing". Hopefully this is not a complete return to sender and the courier company correctly took note of the 10:00-14:00 monday/wednesday availability of the VAC, which is written on the envelope.
Sorry to hear that.

Just checked, mine was delivered yesterday and even a bit early, signed for by someone.

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Sorry to hear that.

Just checked, mine was delivered yesterday and even a bit early, signed for by someone.
It might still be fine. Just crossing my fingers that they don't send it back to Novosibirsk...

Worth noting that she TOLD them when she posted the letter and they said it was ok, AND it's written on the envelope, so realistically it SHOULD arrive safely. But I just distrust everyone and everything now.

Last edited:

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Congratulations. How did you process the landing with a travel restrictions? Im assuming your CoPR is issued after 18 March and you did not travel from USA. Thank you
everything is good. most of the questions were in Minsk. Lot's representatives checked for a long time (30-60 min) at the landing in Minsk all the people who flew through Warsaw to America and Canada

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Sorry to hear that.

I still have no confirmation of delivery. It looks like they didn't try to deliver on Friday which gave me hope that they'd do a good job today, but still nothing yet. At this point I might need to ask Warsaw for an extension...

You say you sent it by Pony Express and just specified Monday and Wednesday 10 to 14?

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
As expected they failed to deliver today.

Does anyone here know if it's possible to ask for an extension? It's looking increasingly likely that the courier will just absolutely **** us over as expected and that they'll prevent us from delivering the passport to the VAC before the October 9 deadline.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As expected they failed to deliver today.

Does anyone here know if it's possible to ask for an extension? It's looking increasingly likely that the courier will just absolute **** us over as expected and that they'll prevent us from delivering the passport to the VAC before the October 9 deadline.
It should be possible, yes, contact Warsaw.

Reactions: Bynming

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you.

This is completely nightmarish. I'm at work right now and I'm completely stressed out and can't think...
I'm sure this will be of great comfort to you ... once you do actually get it delivered to them, you'll enter the next stage of wondering what the hell is happening and why you haven't heard from them and how could it possibly take even a few days for them to do this, when all they're doing is sending it to the embassy to get stamped? Don't they even just confirm receipt? I've been thinking of calling VFS to see how long it should take, but then I realise that they probably have no idea either. And that the Embassy may also not know because this is only the first or second time they've done this since VFS has re-opened and they don't seem to have very established communications with Warsaw anyway.

In other words, each step will have its own new reason to stress and worry. We've decided we're not going to stress and worry about the next step just yet...

Too early in the day to be thinking about having a drink, but here we are.

Reactions: Bynming

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
I'm sure this will be of great comfort to you ... once you do actually get it delivered to them, you'll enter the next stage of wondering what the hell is happening and why you haven't heard from them and how could it possibly take even a few days for them to do this, when all they're doing is sending it to the embassy to get stamped? Don't they even just confirm receipt? I've been thinking of calling VFS to see how long it should take, but then I realise that they probably have no idea either. And that the Embassy may also not know because this is only the first or second time they've done this since VFS has re-opened and they don't seem to have very established communications with Warsaw anyway.

In other words, each step will have its own new reason to stress and worry. We've decided we're not going to stress and worry about the next step just yet...

Too early in the day to be thinking about having a drink, but here we are.
That's good to know in advance so I can manage my expectations. Starting to regret not just sending to Warsaw...

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That's good to know in advance so I can manage my expectations. Starting to regret not just sending to Warsaw...
Yeah, don't know what we would have done if we weren't sending it from Moscow; at least WArsaw works during normal business hours. The Mondays and Wednesdays thing is weird, surely they could consolidate receiving mail?

All I can suggest is bugging the courier company. And I wouldn't worry too much, it will get there, and doubtful Warsaw will be too strict about the 30 days thing during covid time.