+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

modustollens

Aug 20, 2016
My wife's sponsorship application was sent to Warsaw. It was received there at the end of November.

I received an email from Warsaw requesting that we pay the permanent resident fee and update a document. At least that is a sign someone is reading the papers. But, still no updates via the online services - just says, 'in process'.

Still no idea how much longer this is going to take.

zayceva

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
modustollens said:
My wife's sponsorship application was sent to Warsaw. It was received there at the end of November.

I received an email from Warsaw requesting that we pay the permanent resident fee and update a document. At least that is a sign someone is reading the papers. But, still no updates via the online services - just says, 'in process'.

Still no idea how much longer this is going to take.
Soon! It is for sure moving along.
I bet if it was all updated and without any requests or documents, it would update in next few weeks !

modustollens

Aug 20, 2016
zayceva said:
Soon! It is for sure moving along.
I bet if it was all updated and without any requests or documents, it would update in next few weeks !
Lets hope it is approved soon: for, if it takes any longer, she might just file for divorce and stay home or kill me when she finally gets here :).

modustollens

Aug 20, 2016
I did not know that a request to pay the fee was such an important milestone. There is certainly very little information to be had about the status of the application.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
modustollens said:
I did not know that a request to pay the fee was such an important milestone. There is certainly very little information to be had about the status of the application.
Only for the benefit of others that might read this post as it is too late for you but if you can at all afford it pay the fee's in advance. It slows the application down. And yes it is a very good sign

modustollens

Aug 20, 2016
I can see why being asked to pay the fee is positive: it is a sign that someone is actually reading the reams of paperwork we sent.

But, surely, they could still deny us even if they asked us to pay the fee or if we paid upfront?

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
zayceva said:
We got a PPR request !!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHHOOOOO!!!!!
Congrats!!!! here's hoping ours follows soon :)

btw, so ECAS still is showing decision made, but no 5th line was added - do they reveal whether the app was accepted only after PPR? Or only after you send them the passport copy?

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
modustollens said:
I can see why being asked to pay the fee is positive: it is a sign that someone is actually reading the reams of paperwork we sent.

But, surely, they could still deny us even if they asked us to pay the fee or if we paid upfront?
Of course they can deny at any point. Each step is a milestone and you are right they are reading your file and have determined that they want to go forward. Anytime you can eliminate correspondence between you and the VO you speed the process. Each request runs the risk of paperwork disappearing into the world of bureaucracy. You will be fine and are getting very close. Just want others to know if you can afford it pay everything up front. You get it back if you are denied.
Warsaw is a very efficient office.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Lady_Ashka said:

btw, so ECAS still is showing decision made, but no 5th line was added - do they reveal whether the app was accepted only after PPR? Or only after you send them the passport copy?
They will not close it off until you are holding your copr

zayceva

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Lady_Ashka said:

I'm sure it is coming ! We are so close !

zayceva

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Lady_Ashka said:

It did not change at all between the decision made and PPR request !

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Ok, so I guess all is good - we are probably in the same batch, so keep me posted ! :)

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
So, just got PPR - I'm Polish (so visa exempt), yay! :)

I also got instructions what to do now:
1. Send them a copy of my passport (is a regular photocopy ok, or is a colour copy expected?) (1). Do I need to submit photocopies of pages with entry stamps as well? It says "Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport" and I'm not sure what an 'amendment' is? Also, seen as how they don't mention it, I am assuming I don't need to submit a photopcy of my work permit, American Visa (which is in my old passport), etc?
2. Send them two current PR photos
3. Send them a copy of the letter they sent me (email, really) plus info on any changes. Now, one of the points says "Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child" - I am 13 weeks pregnant, and I asked here before if I have to inform them of my pregnancy, got the answer that I don't have to as the baby isn't born yet, and it seems from this point above that I don't have to let them know now either as the baby isn't born yet (he's due in September), but I am wondering if it would be a bad thing if I attached just a short note form us (and maybe our OB?) simply informing them that I am pregnant? It's just that I am worried if I don't tell them, what if there's a problem later? The baby's father is Canadian, so I guess there will be no issue with the baby's citizenship.
4. And finally - they said that if I have an address in Canada (which I do), I can send the passport copy and photos to Ottawa via Xpresspost, adding a self-addressed envelope (so that they can mail COPR to me in it) - but it mentions I need to "purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp" - what's that? do I need that? Is tracking not offered upon purchase of the envelope?
5. How long does it normally take to get COPR from Ottawa? I will be going for a short trip to the US at the end of March so thought maybe if I'm lucky I could land on the way back, if the COPR came before March 29th...