App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
all i can see is "You can either create an account using your online banking login (Sign-In Partner) or a Government of Canada login (GCKey)." I have none of those, or do I look at wrong section?

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Crayon7 said:
all i can see is "You can either create an account using your online banking login (Sign-In Partner) or a Government of Canada login (GCKey)." I have none of those, or do I look at wrong section?
Go to the gckey button and then sign up on the right side. There is a thread on this forum called mycic with lots of tips. Choose link application and be prepared to be frustrated! It can be done!! :)
This is what the thread is called
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/linking-mycic-account-to-pr-application-t439261.0.html

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
thanks! done it now, cant see much more though :/

ScottishPolish

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
01-16-2016
Interview........
15-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016
Lady_Ashka said:
Hi mia, thanks!

The Polish police clearance is only valid 3 months so there's no chance it's going tobe valid throughout the processing and that is the case for all Polish clearances, although the document itself does not have a validity deadline the Warsaw office i'm sure knows. So i'm going to go with just a square's answer and if anyone was asked for a new one then please share if that delayed your application? If you weren'r, mia, i guess that just means they didn't bother to ask again, which is what i am hoping for myself :)

And as for the filling in, did you write in pen ' per attached' in, eg a box for a date ? (To explain un more detail eg that we dont have a specifuc date for something)?
If it helps at all, we got the Polish police clearance in November, because we had to get it from Canada, and filed our application in February. They didn't ask for it to be re-done even if it was beyond the 3 months. Oh and we DID get the RCMP clearance as well. Even if its not required, it cost us $60 to have it done, two weeks to get the results, and we submitted both of them with our application. As I mentioned before, we did use a lawyer and he had us do absolutely everything to cover every possibility in advance. His point of view? Do it now, so that it doesn't potentially hold up the process later. Believe me, I argued with him on some of the demands he had, but to be honest, it paid off for us in the end because we had absolutely every item covered when we submitted. I know lots of people think not to offer it unless asked, but my lawyer was of the opinion of covering everything so that you AREN'T asked...because it delays your application while they wait for your response. Even something minor like the RCMP clearance.

Plus one more point on that one. The RCMP clearance makes the security check they do a lot faster. Its one less check they have to make. I don't care what other people's point of view is - I agree with the lawyer on this one - just do it, doesn't take long and if it helps why wouldn't you? Just my opinion. But like I said - we went from application to landing, including interview in Warsaw, in less than 4 months.

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hey ScottishPolish, thanks for your reply, i have to say that i really see your point and that i pretty much decided to get the Canadian clearance. Would you be willing to share how you got round to doing it? Where did you go to get the fingerprints taken and did you go in person to an rcmp headquarters or did you submit and got the results through email? And did you have to tick that it was for an immigration procedure? :)

ScottishPolish

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
01-16-2016
Interview........
15-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016
Lady_Ashka said:
Hey ScottishPolish, thanks for your reply, i have to say that i really see your point and that i pretty much decided to get the Canadian clearance. Would you be willing to share how you got round to doing it? Where did you go to get the fingerprints taken and did you go in person to an rcmp headquarters or did you submit and got the results through email? And did you have to tick that it was for an immigration procedure? :)
We called RCMP and they told us to go to a Commissionaires office (https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/national/service/individual/electronic-criminal-record-checks). We are in Ontario, so it took us about 10 minutes to do - you just go in there, they take fingerprints and send it to the RCMP for you, and yes they ask you what its for when you do that, so you just need to tell them its for immigration application. So you pay them, they send it to RCMP and you get the results mailed back to you in about two weeks...quick, easy, and I think it was only about $50 or so...not major.

I think its a good idea to get it done because its not hard to do, and it shows you are being proactive and have nothing to hide. Plus its one less step for immigration guys to ask for it..:)

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
ScottishPolish said:
We called RCMP and they told us to go to a Commissionaires office (https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/national/service/individual/electronic-criminal-record-checks). We are in Ontario, so it took us about 10 minutes to do - you just go in there, they take fingerprints and send it to the RCMP for you, and yes they ask you what its for when you do that, so you just need to tell them its for immigration application. So you pay them, they send it to RCMP and you get the results mailed back to you in about two weeks...quick, easy, and I think it was only about $50 or so...not major.

I think its a good idea to get it done because its not hard to do, and it shows you are being proactive and have nothing to hide. Plus its one less step for immigration guys to ask for it..:)
I was just checking those Commissionaires out :) But, another few questions to you then:
1. Did you have to give the name of the immigration office that would be taking care of your application? If so, was it Warsaw or Mississauga? (I checked on the RCMP website that it is required when doing a check for immigration purposes)
2. Did you ask the Commissionaires to just take your fingerprints, or did you ask them to do an electronic criminal check?
3. Once they took your fingerprints, did they give you a file with them? or did they send them to the RCMP? If they did, then did you get a reference number or something like that to make sure RCMP knows you've had the fingerprints taken?
4. When you applied for a criminal check to the RCMP, did you do it online? What exactly did you need to do?
5. How much did you pay for the fingerprinting, and how much for getting the criminal check?

ScottishPolish

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
01-16-2016
Interview........
15-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016
Lady_Ashka said:
I was just checking those Commissionaires out :) But, another few questions to you then:
1. Did you have to give the name of the immigration office that would be taking care of your application? If so, was it Warsaw or Mississauga? (I checked on the RCMP website that it is required when doing a check for immigration purposes)
2. Did you ask the Commissionaires to just take your fingerprints, or did you ask them to do an electronic criminal check?
3. Once they took your fingerprints, did they give you a file with them? or did they send them to the RCMP? If they did, then did you get a reference number or something like that to make sure RCMP knows you've had the fingerprints taken?
4. When you applied for a criminal check to the RCMP, did you do it online? What exactly did you need to do?
5. How much did you pay for the fingerprinting, and how much for getting the criminal check?

Hi!

In answer to your questions:
1. no, they didn't ask for a file number, we just went in, said we needed RCMP clearance for immigration application. They didn't ask for the office but we hadn't submitted our application yet. So we did it in advance to include it with the file (so we had Polish police clearance as well as the RCMP one when we filed our application). I think they ask for that if CIC has asked you to do it, so they know where to send it. If you are just doing it yourself, all the information comes back to you directly, doesn't get sent to CIC.

2. The Commissionaires told us what had to be done - the guy there seemed pretty laid back, like he does it all the time, which he probably does. So yes, it was fingerprinting.

3. what they do is take your picture, take your fingerprints, give you a copy of what they've done (so a copy of the form including your fingerprints and pic, and that its for immigration purposes), and they send it directly to RCMP electronically and then say "thanks, you should hear back within 10 biz days"

4. We didn't need to do a criminal check with the RCMP - like I said, when we called RCMP, they said to go to Commissionaires who handle the fingerprinting and ID checking, then it goes to RCMP electronically and they do the the criminal and background checks. Commissionaires is like the middle man.

5. I honestly can't remember how much it was to get it done, but I'm pretty sure it was around $60-70. That might have changed. With all the costs associated with the application (getting stuff couriered from Poland, medical check etc etc) its hard to remember what each cost was - I just wanted it done.

But anyway, once the fingerprints are done, and the pic, which takes 10 mins in total, they will give you a copy to prove it has been done and submitted, it gets sent to RCMP and they will send you back the results, addressed to you personally saying whether you have been cleared or if they find anything. When they send it back, it comes from RCMP, just take a copy of it and submit it with your application.

Mind you this is assuming you haven't already submitted...in which case, you might need the file number, the VO etc...I don't have experience with that, I submitted it with the initial application...

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Thanks so much, ScottishPolish!!! It looks like it's rather easy, and since my husband will need a few weeks to gather all his documents, I am thinking that it might be worth the effort to do that. Especially, that it seems all is done at those Commissionaires any way (as you say you just went there, had them take your photo and fingerprints - did you also give them your address?) and then waited until a letter came from the RCMP - am I getting this right? Thanks again for all your help :)

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi there! I posted this elsewhere in slightly different form, but I thought I could get some responses from you guys, as we're all in the same Warsaw office. So please, if you can spare a minute, could anyone please respond to my questions?
(we are a Polish citizen currently living in Canada as a foreign worker - me, and my sponsor, a Canadian citizen; we are applying outland):

General questions:
2. This is really bugging me - on the checklist as well as on the forms, can we write N/A when it's non-applicable, in pen? And do we submit forms (like the use of representative, which we are not doing) but with N/A written all over them, or do we not submit them, but put N/A on the checklist (in pen, because I assume the form does not give that option by default). For instance, I have no dependants and I don't want to submit that form, we are also not using a representative, my common law husband does not have a co-signer so he does not want to submit the statutory declaration of common law, etc.

Sponsored person (me):
IMM 3902E (06-2016)
3. There are some questions (bulletpoints) on this checklist (like question 7) in which I provide some information (like my passport information, etc), but not all of it (I have no dependants and no one else is attached to my application, so I am not providing any other person's passport information, etc. Can I just tick the box in that question (indicating I am providing the information) and not bother explaining, or should I write a letter of explanation each time I am providing information only on myself even though the form asks it of the PA and other dependants/ppl attached to the application?
4. In question 7 is my Polish ID (copy, translated and notarized), my full birth certificate (translated by a certified translator), proof of name changes (marriage, divorce, name change document) enough? The problem here is that the question seems to be asking me to prove my relationship to my family, and I feel like I don't have to, because they are not only not accompanying me, but are also not my dependants (I have a brother who is married and has kids, and my mother whose parents - my grandparents - are still alive), but I really would like someone to confirm this. And by the same token, does my family, which I will only list on the 'Additional family information' form and not on the dependants form which I will not include in the application at all, do they need to have medicals done and provide photos? I am not, at the minute, considering sponsoring any of them, but I would prefer to know if, should they not provide a medical/criminal/background check and photos, they would be barred from being sponsored by me in the future. In the same question it says "For each family member who is a Canadian citizen..." here I leave it blank, because my only Canadian family member is my sponsor. Correct?
5. In question 8 just put N/A on the checklist and then not submit the form?
6. In 9 it says "if you live in a country other than that of your birth.." - I live in Canada. Does that mean they want a copy of my work permit, or maybe the previous work permits I had? If so, do I need to notarize these copies? I mean, they have those documents on file...
7. In question 12 - I am the only one required to take the medical exam, right? (I already did, upfront).
8. In question 13 - just my photos, not my family's?
9. In question 14 - is it ok if I provide copies of diplomas from just university (BA, MA, PhD), but not high school, or does it need to be for all levels of education? And again, do I have to notarize a copy? I will also provide a few reference letters from employers.
10. What about those declarations in the end of 3902E? They refer to children (and I don't have any) - can I just not submit those? Or submit, but write N/A everywhere?

11. In guide 3999 it says that visas are valid only with the validity of the medical - they mean COPR, and when they say that we have to land before the deadline on COPR, right? Not the PR status? This guide also says that we should write N/A when something doesn't apply - does that mean that they *do* expect to see the unnecessary/non-applicable forms submitted, but with N/A written all over them, in each question?

IMM 5669 (12-2012)
12. Does my family need to complete the background check? They are not coming with me, and are not my dependants, and are not applying for status in Canada.
13. names of schools I attended - do I need to translate them, or do I write them in in Polish, their original language?
14. SO I am not to put my UCI number on this form (even though I have one)?

IMM 5490 (08-2013)
15. In question 1, is it ok just to give the month and year? We don't remember the exact date, at the time it didn't seem it would be necessary Wink Can I just tell them the truth, that we just met in a pub, as he was being welcomed as the new employee of the university I worked for, and I happened to be invited by the person who was organizing the welcome drink? So she sort of introduced us Wink?
16. In q. 4 - do gifts we give to each other for birthdays etc, as we are already living together, count? I mean, we didn't used to give each other gifts (unless I need to count buying dinner?), but since I moved in (Sept 2014) we have been giving each other small gifts, for birthdays, Valentines, or on no specific occasion).?
17. For q. 9 - can I just write in 'Answer on a separate sheet of paper' - or do they expect a short summary in the box *and then* a separate sheet?
18. In q. 11 it says that if you are CL you go straight to q. 20 (we are Common Law) - does that mean we leave questions 10-19 blank, or write N/A?
19. In q. 20 can I just write 'list of evidence on a separate sheet of paper, followed by documentary and written evidence"? Or do I need to write up the list in the box?
20. In questions 22-23 - is it ok that we did not have an official ceremony recognizing our common law status, nor a reception? I mean, our families met when my Mum came over here, and we had a very relaxed Thanksgiving then, but it was nothing fancy and it was not a reception of any kind. Do I need to explain this on a separate sheet, or not bother?
21. In question 24 - we've known each other since 2011 and we lived in the same country (Poland) until July 2013 when my then boyfriend got a job in Canada and moved here, whereas I had to stay for a year, but moved to Canada in September 2014 and I've lived here since, with him. So we basically were apart for one year - do you think I should explain all that in reference to this question, or just provide evidence for our trips and contact for that time?

IMM 0008 (11-2015)
22. In question 3 - there's only person in this application, me, right? Or do I count my sponsor?
23. What to do with the information on dependants - leave blank or write N/A in pen?
24. The additional dependants form - leave blank/write N/A all over it and submit, or write N/A on the checklist and not submit?

Marat999

May 4, 2016
Just wanted to give you guys an update on our application.
So while I was visiting my wife in Armenia, we got an email from moscow office inviting her to an interview on July 21st. I was supposed to come back to Canada on the 13th on July, but I extened my flight and went to moscow with her. The interview went well, she was told everything looks good and she passed.
But the worker said she can't issue her a visa on the spot, as warsaw is handling the case and she'd have to send all the documents we provided to warsaw. Once warsaw gives the green light only then can moscow issue her the visa.
Anyone ever go through this? I was told the reason for holding the interview in moscow is because its hard for armenian citizens to get a visa for poland, therefore the interview was held in moscow.

Does anyone know how long it will take after the interview?
It has already been 9 months since I submitted the application.

Kara123

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Hi This is the first time I'm using this forum,I'm Russian and my wife is Canadian we r married for almost 2 years and we got married in Canada,but we leave together for the last 7 years in USA legally working under the visas,we are planning to move to Canada and applied for the sponsorship on July 7th 2016,we submitted all the documents all together,we r going to do it thru Russia bc this seems to be the faster way. My wife is already in Canada and starting her new job from August and I'm currently in USA but going back to Moscow to wait for my approval... Any idea how long it will take them to approve my PR?
Please let me know what u think?
My application was received on July 11th,started processing on July 28th

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Kara123 said:
Hi This is the first time I'm using this forum,I'm Russian and my wife is Canadian we r married for almost 2 years and we got married in Canada,but we leave together for the last 7 years in USA legally working under the visas,we are planning to move to Canada and applied for the sponsorship on July 7th 2016,we submitted all the documents all together,we r going to do it thru Russia bc this seems to be the faster way. My wife is already in Canada and starting her new job from August and I'm currently in USA but going back to Moscow to wait for my approval... Any idea how long it will take them to approve my PR?
Please let me know what u think?
My application was received on July 11th,started processing on July 28th
Please stop posting the exact same thing in several threads.

Looking at the Warsaw spreadsheet, the recent trend seems to be 2-5 months after SA. I'd guess you'd be done anywhere between October and January, but it all depends on your particular case.

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
could you post link for warsaw spreadsheet please? x

tacitus77

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
A0R1 07-06-2016 A0R2 26-07-2016
File Transfer...
20-07-2016 DM 04-02-2017
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
15-10-2015 remed 21-12-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2017
LANDED..........
Landed 01-03-2017 PR Card 14-04-17
Hi everyone. My wife told me someone on the russian forums got their passport request today who applied at the end of april. good luck everyone. ;)