+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
no, trv are being processes very slow as well. my rep told me. plus it's useless - husband won't be able to do anything in Toronto and I don't want that :)
Well I'd put a few points here on why you may wish to do it: there's no obvious reason TRV will take longer (it is a lower level of decision, generally); it gives you an 'out' to travel if it should come to that (eg for planning for other reasons you need to travel earlier); and - what I'm really getting at - it seems that sometimes applying 'dislodges' the PR application for some spouses that have been held up or just waiting in a queue.

My guess is that sometimes it ends up in the same officer's pile and it ends up being easier to finalize the spousal sponsorship than deal with the TRV sign-off - and possibly also causes other problems with their stats and numbers and targets and sort-of forces the issue a bit. Maybe something else is going on too - it's in one officer's pile and it should have been re-assigned or whatever, the TRV app serves the same effect of forcing somebody to deal with the admin barrier that's been holding it up.

(Also maybe looks to IRCC like you are rushed and that's why your'e pushing...)

So personally I think it'd be worth it in your case, despite what your rep says. But I don't know for sure.

Reactions: Canuck11

MehdiPL

Mar 4, 2020
wait what.. you applied in April 2020? :O wow and only received ppr June 2022?
crazy crazy o_O o_O

do you mind sharing your full timeline please?
Yes, it took ages to get PPR and here we go again with the wait :
AOR April 2020
Biometrics submitted July 2020
Medicals passed July 2020
Long hibernation…
Upfront remedical March 2022
Remedical request + Schedule A request May 2022
Remedical passed June 1st 2022
RFV email June 2nd 2022

Reactions: valvlad

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Well I'd put a few points here on why you may wish to do it: there's no obvious reason TRV will take longer (it is a lower level of decision, generally); it gives you an 'out' to travel if it should come to that (eg for planning for other reasons you need to travel earlier); and - what I'm really getting at - it seems that sometimes applying 'dislodges' the PR application for some spouses that have been held up or just waiting in a queue.

My guess is that sometimes it ends up in the same officer's pile and it ends up being easier to finalize the spousal sponsorship than deal with the TRV sign-off - and possibly also causes other problems with their stats and numbers and targets and sort-of forces the issue a bit. Maybe something else is going on too - it's in one officer's pile and it should have been re-assigned or whatever, the TRV app serves the same effect of forcing somebody to deal with the admin barrier that's been holding it up.

So personally I think it'd be worth it in your case, despite what your rep says. But I don't know for sure.
We applied for a TRV on June 1st. It's been about 30 days now, and no reply yet, but our fingers are crossed. We are prepared for a rejection, but are hopeful for approval, or at the very least as you mentioned, forcing someone to take a look at our PR application. I'll post here if we get any updates.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021

some TRVs for my reps other clients are being processed since February-March..(

Reactions: armoured

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
I was curious for medical exam, in Moscow everything is booked up until October 31 lol I don’t even know we will be able to go to the clinic again. Our medical expires soon:mad:

• Sad
Reactions: Canuck11

Jakka123

Sep 25, 2020
when did you receive ppr?

p.s. we had another ghost update on June 28, could that mean that they are actively working on our file? :)
Hey Valvlad,
I also received ghost updates on the June 24th, June 28th and today 4th July. Did you received any ghost update today as well?

Leleka2007

Jan 10, 2022
I was curious for medical exam, in Moscow everything is booked up until October 31 lol I don’t even know we will be able to go to the clinic again. Our medical expires soon:mad:
Did you try another city? St. Petersburg had some dates open recently, you should try to call them if you haven’t yet.
If you wish to do it in Moscow, I will also recommend to check daily/ hourly on their website, sometimes when someone cancel their appointment you will see availability for specific day and time. Don’t call the clinic though- completely useless. They don’t tell you even if they have something. Just go every day online and scroll down the schedule - you will get lucky, I am sure and should be able to book something. I have done that for my hubby in May.
Good luck!

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Don't forget you can also do the medical abroad if you have the means to do so. Perhaps Belgrade or Istanbul have availability?