+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
All you need is COPR and that single-entry visa they issued you.
This is right - I referred to only copr but you will need the single entry visa as well (copr holders from visa waiver countries do not need).

(I was technically right that copr only needed for entry but you can't board a plane without the counterfoil, so technically right but practically wrong)

And sounds like congratulations are due - congrats!

• Love
Reactions: Belarusian

m.ford

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
06-12-2019
Med's Request
05-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Passport Req..
26-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2020
LANDED..........
09-05-2020
just curious,
what is the record for the longest process for outland applicants?

RushnTiger

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
I haven't ben here for a while.
I don't have anything but bad/neutral news.
My niece looked at her CGKey and the "last entry" was done in December 2019....
Since then she received 2 different letters stating her file is being processed, one in February 2020, another one just recently in June
I contacted my MP in the middle of July to assist in getting some information on her file.
The MP office helped, and the info tat they obtained was even worse than the CGKey info, as in CGKey it says that the "security screening had been initiated", but in the package we got from MP mid-July it said that neither security nor the background checks have been initiated yet!!!!

All our guesses and speculations about VAC's and VO's , Warsaws, Sydneys and all that is just an empty exercise in wasting of our time.

All I and my niece know know is that NO work has been done on her file since December 2019, and there is nothing I can legally do about that.
I consulted two Immigration lawyers and they both said there is nothing I can do, except for the so-called "forcing the decision", and then appeal if it's a rejection.

I am very upset and disappointed.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Since then she received 2 different letters stating her file is being processed, one in February 2020, another one just recently in June
I contacted my MP in the middle of July to assist in getting some information on her file.
The MP office helped, and the info tat they obtained was even worse than the CGKey info, as in CGKey it says that the "security screening had been initiated", but in the package we got from MP mid-July it said that neither security nor the background checks have been initiated yet!!!!

All our guesses and speculations about VAC's and VO's , Warsaws, Sydneys and all that is just an empty exercise in wasting of our time.

All I and my niece know know is that NO work has been done on her file since December 2019, and there is nothing I can legally do about that.
I consulted two Immigration lawyers and they both said there is nothing I can do, except for the so-called "forcing the decision", and then appeal if it's a rejection.

I’m really sorry to see you’re disappointed but your case is mostly unique because you’re sponsoring your niece. As canada.ca shows there’s no even approximate processing timeframe for these kind of cases. It shows that for partners/spouses it’s 12 months. For parents it’s 20-24 months. So probably in your case it’s something in the middle.
And also if you choose “Canada” answering the last question (Where does the adopted child or relative live?) it shows 24 months.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

m.ford

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
06-12-2019
Med's Request
05-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Passport Req..
26-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2020
LANDED..........
09-05-2020

I am also very upset with IRCC Office in Warsaw.
Is there anything that can be done to protect the applicant's rights?

RushnTiger

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
I am also very upset with IRCC Office in Warsaw.
Is there anything that can be done to protect the applicant's rights?
I hear you, my friend.
As a Canadian, I am simply appalled by the treatment of our future fellow countrymen and women, and our future citizens and voters.....
As I was explained by one of the Lower Mainland immigration attorneys that there is literally no recourse on practically anything that is going on within IRCC, it looks like it is one of the most independent, including independent from any scrutiny and supervision, federal agencies, and there is little pushback that a regular citizen can organize.
So far I have done the following:
1. Contacted my local MP, and I managed to receive a copy of my nieces electronic file with all the appropriate release forms from me and my niece'
The MP also clearly stated that except for "an occasional" request for information, the MP can not help with the case in any other way.
2. I requested a copy of my and my niece's files from IRSS through ATIA, there is a whole process, a set of Information consent forms, and an email from them a week later stating that due to Covid, additional 365 days were added to all statutory time limits and deadlines, and giving me the due date for the requested info as August 2021..... much help....
They (the ATIA people) were nice and offered all electronic records that they have right away, but the copy of the file would have to wait until Warsaw and Moscow get their s*it together. I have the right to this info and I will get the info, except the new "Covid" deadline is Aug 2021.....
3. I wrote a letter to the Minister of Immigration, Marco Mendecino, but not to him as an MP, but to him as the Minister and a member of the Liberal Caucus. Just sent it a week or so ago, no answer yet.
4. I wrote a complaint to Service Canada, just to receive a quick answer that IRCC is not their jurisdiction. Also, there is no Ombudsman Office covering IRCC.
5. I started process with MOSAIC, an NGO that assists immigrants with the process of immigration and settling issues, they have a Legal Assistance department, at least in the Lower Mainland, so I also started with them, hoping there is an advise or some other assistance that just might come from them, you never know.
6. I contacted two attorneys specializing in Immigration, good people, but both, in one voice tell me that there is nothing we can do until the decision. Once the decision is made, there are ways to appeal, but there is nothing before the actual decision is made. I can request to "force the decision", when a judge orders IRCC to give you the decision, but it's costly and not necessary until at least 18-24 months ....
7. I am sure I did a couple of other things I already forgot about, but the general pic is bleak....

Like I said, as a Canadian, I am embarrassed with this process, I am running out of lies and guesses to stop my baby niece from crying.... well, she is 26, but for me she is always the little girl she sort of used to be... : )

I am speechless,I have nothing positive or any good to offer here, but I am definitely refusing to participate in all this useless guessing what is going on with this Immigration process. All this empty talk is just that, an empty talk...

PS!!
Sincere CONGRATULATIONS to all you good people who get their visas and statuses!

Reactions: JRAY_ and armoured

m.ford

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
06-12-2019
Med's Request
05-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
Passport Req..
26-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2020
LANDED..........
09-05-2020
I hear you, my friend.
As a Canadian, I am simply appalled by the treatment of our future fellow countrymen and women, and our future citizens and voters.....
As I was explained by one of the Lower Mainland immigration attorneys that there is literally no recourse on practically anything that is going on within IRCC, it looks like it is one of the most independent, including independent from any scrutiny and supervision, federal agencies, and there is little pushback that a regular citizen can organize.
So far I have done the following:
1. Contacted my local MP, and I managed to receive a copy of my nieces electronic file with all the appropriate release forms from me and my niece'
The MP also clearly stated that except for "an occasional" request for information, the MP can not help with the case in any other way.
2. I requested a copy of my and my niece's files from IRSS through ATIA, there is a whole process, a set of Information consent forms, and an email from them a week later stating that due to Covid, additional 365 days were added to all statutory time limits and deadlines, and giving me the due date for the requested info as August 2021..... much help....
They (the ATIA people) were nice and offered all electronic records that they have right away, but the copy of the file would have to wait until Warsaw and Moscow get their s*it together. I have the right to this info and I will get the info, except the new "Covid" deadline is Aug 2021.....
3. I wrote a letter to the Minister of Immigration, Marco Mendecino, but not to him as an MP, but to him as the Minister and a member of the Liberal Caucus. Just sent it a week or so ago, no answer yet.
4. I wrote a complaint to Service Canada, just to receive a quick answer that IRCC is not their jurisdiction. Also, there is no Ombudsman Office covering IRCC.
5. I started process with MOSAIC, an NGO that assists immigrants with the process of immigration and settling issues, they have a Legal Assistance department, at least in the Lower Mainland, so I also started with them, hoping there is an advise or some other assistance that just might come from them, you never know.
6. I contacted two attorneys specializing in Immigration, good people, but both, in one voice tell me that there is nothing we can do until the decision. Once the decision is made, there are ways to appeal, but there is nothing before the actual decision is made. I can request to "force the decision", when a judge orders IRCC to give you the decision, but it's costly and not necessary until at least 18-24 months ....
7. I am sure I did a couple of other things I already forgot about, but the general pic is bleak....

Like I said, as a Canadian, I am embarrassed with this process, I am running out of lies and guesses to stop my baby niece from crying.... well, she is 26, but for me she is always the little girl she sort of used to be... : )

I am speechless,I have nothing positive or any good to offer here, but I am definitely refusing to participate in all this useless guessing what is going on with this Immigration process. All this empty talk is just that, an empty talk...

PS!!
Sincere CONGRATULATIONS to all you good people who get their visas and statuses!
The same disrespect from them towards us. My husband was born in Canada, his parents were also born in Canada. And they have always believed that Canada guarantees rights. But we all are pissed of by Warsaw Officers' behaviour.
For example, I sent lots of emails to IRCC in Warsaw notifying them that I had moved from my country to my husband and that now I am staying in Canada with him.
They must update that info on my profile. The official site says that failure to notify about changing the address may lead to delays and even refusals of application.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html
No reply, no reaction, no updates for a long time.
I am trying my best to perform my duties. My husband as a citizen pays taxes, part of which goes as a salary for those migrant officers. We paid visa fees. All we are asking for is just some respect and to perform their duties. But it looks like we have no rights, whilst they have many rights and no responsibility at all.
BTW thank you for the ideas. I wonder if there are any timeframes for them to process the application?

RushnTiger

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
>13 months here. Starting to get upset with the lack of transparency. This disturbs our life plan, our recent career choices, and they can't be bothered to let us know what's going on.
JRay, I agree, this is simply ridiculous
I can’t think of another situation where it would have been ok to get nothing done in freaking 8 months, like in my nieces case

• Sad
Reactions: passenger19

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
>13 months here. Starting to get upset with the lack of transparency. This disturbs our life plan, our recent career choices, and they can't be bothered to let us know what's going on.
Hi! Did you contact them recently? I emailed them a week ago, just wanted to know what’s going on with our file, didn’t get any response :( This is the very first time they ignored my email. Still don’t know what’s better — total silence or an automatic reply.

RushnTiger

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
That's the most frustrating part in all this, what ever you do, makes little difference at the end