+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Do you have to deliver your passport in person or can it be done by courier?
How courier can do it if country close!? I sure that PPR will be after open countries. mybe it`s best way for me...
and Warsaw work - it`s good for you coz file in process!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How courier can do it if country close!? I sure that PPR will be after open countries. mybe it`s best way for me...
and Warsaw work - it`s good for you coz file in process!
These partial border closures are not complete. Post, goods, food, trucks etc mostly being allowed although varies by country. Mostly they want passenger travel to be lower (and even that not complete, just lower levels of mass travel, ie tourism).

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
These partial border closures are not complete. Post, goods, food, trucks etc mostly being allowed although varies by country. Mostly they want passenger travel to be lower (and even that not complete, just lower levels of mass travel, ie tourism).
I called in company who work with canadian visa, they say that limit for pasting a visa change from 30 days to 90 (I don`t find this info in official site). they can do visa but every day situetion change! I sure PPR will be after open Poland

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I called in company who work with canadian visa, they say that limit for pasting a visa change from 30 days to 90 (I don`t find this info in official site). they can do visa but every day situetion change! I sure PPR will be after open Poland
Personally I wouldn't pay any or much attention to such statements at this point - yes, the situation changing too quickly to know.

Speculation now: yes, there will certainly be slowdowns. But the thing I am guessing people are missing is that the slowdowns won't be evenly distributed - some things will slow down or stop as people work from home (and some things can't be done from home, physical access to files needed, etc). For offices like Warsaw, some people won't be able to fly in - but some people also won't be able to fly out and will stay in place.

BUT: i am guessing that demand for tourist visas for example will almost completely drop off a cliff in a lot of Europe (although a lot is done online, not all). Some staff / capacity will be reallocated - not right away but some are probably already shared - so some things might (surprisingly) be faster. Some stuff will just come to a halt.

And these "90 days instead of 30" statements? They're just a guess and giving room and warning people like you that some delays may happen. I doubt they have any idea at all how much longer procedures will take. It's good that they're warning people that we should expect delays but at this point, no more than a guess.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Personally I wouldn't pay any or much attention to such statements at this point - yes, the situation changing too quickly to know.

Speculation now: yes, there will certainly be slowdowns. But the thing I am guessing people are missing is that the slowdowns won't be evenly distributed - some things will slow down or stop as people work from home (and some things can't be done from home, physical access to files needed, etc). For offices like Warsaw, some people won't be able to fly in - but some people also won't be able to fly out and will stay in place.

BUT: i am guessing that demand for tourist visas for example will almost completely drop off a cliff in a lot of Europe (although a lot is done online, not all). Some staff / capacity will be reallocated - not right away but some are probably already shared - so some things might (surprisingly) be faster. Some stuff will just come to a halt.

And these "90 days instead of 30" statements? They're just a guess and giving room and warning people like you that some delays may happen. I doubt they have any idea at all how much longer procedures will take. It's good that they're warning people that we should expect delays but at this point, no more than a guess.
so maybe we receive PPR in march coz we have 90d
We won’t refuse your application if you cannot complete the next step due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). This applies to applications for

• a visitor visa
  • a work permit
  • a study permit
  • permanent residence
Examples of the next steps include

• submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical examination
No application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation. We’ll automatically give you 90 days to complete these steps. Once you’re able to, complete the steps as soon as possible to avoid delays.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
so maybe we receive PPR in march coz we have 90d
We won’t refuse your application if you cannot complete the next step due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). This applies to applications for

• a visitor visa
  • a work permit
  • a study permit
  • permanent residence
Examples of the next steps include

• submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical examination
No application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation. We’ll automatically give you 90 days to complete these steps. Once you’re able to, complete the steps as soon as possible to avoid delays.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html
Have you recieved the PPR? I understood the press release to say that if they give you a deadline and you can't meet it, they won't cancel or close your file. If you can submit, they will process (possibly some delays too).

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Ouch. It doesn't apply to PRs. I am guessing this will not apply to valid COPR holders but only a guess. We will have to wait and see.
Yes, I don’t know details but I remember when Canada evacuated people from China, Canadian government helped only Canadian passport holders. I just thought it might be the same this time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, I don’t know details but I remember when Canada evacuated people from China, Canadian government helped only Canadian passport holders. I just thought it might be the same this time.
News says immediate family members of citizens also exempted. But again, all this to be confirmed yet, just news headlines.

Reactions: passenger19

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
If your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

Once it’s possible for you to travel, use the web form to let us know. We’ll then give you more detailed instructions regarding restarting the processing of your permanent residence application.