+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARNING ! Don't immigrate to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit1000

Aug 16, 2006
I have been living in Canada for several years and believe me : don't waste your time and money coming here. It's been a long struggle to get a decent job and the standard of living is far different to our expectations. Everything is about money and increasing cheap labor offer to the economy. Please, don't make the same mistake as I did. It's a sincere advice.

All the best

Reactions: Samantahmasbii

yagana

Jan 2, 2006
Re: WARNING ! Don't iimigrate to Canada

please share with us wht have u been doing all these years and wht were ur qualifications we need to know since we all here want to settle in canada and do tell us which part have u been living

jeck-jeck

Nov 1, 2004

Hey! I am just wondering. If you really mean what you said in this forum, how come you are still in Canada? What on earth are you trying to prove?

tired_of_waiting

Star Member
Jan 3, 2006
Nova Scotia

amit1000 said:
I have been leaving in Canada for several years and believe me : don't waste your time and money coming here. It's been a long struggle to get a decent job and the standard of living is far different to our expectations. Everything is about money and increasing cheap labor offer to the economy. Please, don't make the same mistake as I did. It's a sincere advice.

All the best.
Millions of people successfuly immigrate to Canada every year and make a wonderful and fulfilling life for themselves. Often, the quality of life they have, the freedom and the opportunities, the political stability and the balanced and dynamic economy far exceed anything they could ever have expected in their country of origin.

If you were unprepared for the challenges that face a potential immigrant then it's your problem. Your monumental failure and utter self dissapointment are not the concern of anyone other than yourself. You should take some time to consider the fact that you failed where millions of others have succeeded. And to add to this already vast personal injury you decide to humiliate yourself by publicly declaring the fact that you are a loser of biblical proportions.

If you are unhappy with Canada then return to your country of origin. Hang your head with shame and buy a one way ticket back to whatever place you spawned from. Then, spend the rest of your life looking for a country that will give you something for nothing and make you a king for no other reason than the fact you chose to live there. When you find this country, come back to the forum and let us all know where it is and how we get there.

yagana

Jan 2, 2006

BRAVO!!!!!
tired of waiting thats a wonderful answer

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004

Friend,

This is not a forum to share your failures due to your laziness and idleness but a forum to share successes and encourage others.
If indeed you are tired of Canada and you cannot go forward at least you can retreat back to your country of origin.
I would implore you to move back to where you came from. Canada does not owe you a dime rather you owe Canada a lot by accepting you in the first place out of the bunch of immigrants applying to come every year!
The message is 'Go back home'

tired_of_waiting

Star Member
Jan 3, 2006
Nova Scotia

1) Discriminatory Immigration System - what crap. If the immigration system was discriminatory then why did you get here in the first place? And the system isn't all points based - ever heard of family class...???

2) Out of control cost of living - what crap. Inflation remains a steady constant but is in line with other economies. Did you try comparing the rate of inflation and the cost of living against other places such as European countries and the US? If you can't get a job that pays you well then perhaps you should consider the fact that your qualifications aren't as mighty as you would like to think. Also, if your spoken English is as poor as your written then you can't expect to succeed if you can't communicate properly. The two national languages of Canada are English and French, if you are not fluent in either of these then you should expect to be at a disadvantage.

3) Health care crisis - what crisis..? Canada, unlike the US, has a national healthcare system whereby if you are sick and require medical assistance you will be treated regardless of income or wealth. You will recieve 1st world medical attention and the best care and medicine that is available. Would you get that in Pakistan for free regardless of age, income, race or wealth?

4) Very High Taxes - yes, the government demands that its residents pay taxes to support the economy and infrastructure of Canada. Again, compare these taxes to the rest of Europe - even the US (bear in mind that the US doesn't have free medical care) and consider what you get for your money. If you think you will prosper as well in Pakistan as you would in Canada then you should have stayed there.

5) Money hungry government - well, as mentioned before, someone has to pay to keep the place ticking over. Did you think it would be free...? At least in Canada the money that is paid to the government is put to use for the good of the people - can the same realy be said for Pakistan..?

6) No Culture - well, Canada is a country made from other nations. There is more diversity and blending of cultures in Canada than most other countries on the planet. There is culture here but it may not be the same as yours - did you really think the rest of the planet was just like Pakistan? If you preferred the culture of Pakistan then go back there and enjoy it.

7) Worst weather - now that's just stupid. Canada has 4 seasons, we get hot summers, cold winters, wet spring and beautiful autumns. The weather is as diverse as the cultures that inhabit the place. What more than that could you ask for....? If you preferred the weather in pakistan then go back there and keep it, along with all the other *censored word* that comes with it.

8) No jobs - what a load of crap. Just because you couldn't find anyone to hire you doesn't mean there are no jobs. There are tens of thousands of jobs with shortages in many industries such as medicine and IT. The immigration system even waives some visa requirements for particular fields of expertise in medicine and IT in the hope of atteacting more skilled immigrants. Face facts, you couldn't get a job becuase you are a useless loser.

It's like this. You should never have left Pakistan. If it was such a wonderful place then why did you want to come to Canada...? You failed here and you blame Canada when really, the only one or thing you should be blaming is yourself. I too am an immigrant, I chose to come here. I prepared myslef and I researched all of the points above. Because I did this I knew what to expect and as such I have flourished and will continue to do so.

nofal

Jul 22, 2005

This man Amit is not a pakistani but he is an indian.

tired_of_waiting

Star Member
Jan 3, 2006
Nova Scotia

Well, he says "I am working hard to save money to try to go to USA or back to Pakistan soon". If he says he is going "back" to Pakistan then I think it's fair to assume he came from Pakistan. Anyway, regardless of where he is from, he's still an ass of the highest order.

llw03c

Star Member
Feb 6, 2005

tired_of_waiting said:
Well, he says "I am working hard to save money to try to go to USA or back to Pakistan soon". If he says he is going "back" to Pakistan then I think it's fair to assume he came from Pakistan. Anyway, regardless of where he is from, he's still an ass of the highest order.
dude, what is your problem? why such hate for someone simply stating an opinion based on his own experiences? his experiences aren't yours. how do you know what would have happened if you were in his shoes? what's your story? his story is not unique in any way and when does not finding a job make one a loser? dude, seriously tone down the hatred.

Reactions: sahar55

tired_of_waiting

Star Member
Jan 3, 2006
Nova Scotia

"dude" - my problem is that the posting was completely innapropriate. The overwhelming majority of people on this forum are already in the immigration process. It is stressful enough at the best of times without some freaky failure trying to convince us that we are making the biggest mistakes of our lives.

I am an immigrant - I came here and I faced EVERY one of the challenges that this clown faced. I had to compete for jobs and I had to overcome the financial hardship and turmoil that comes hand in hand with immigrating - I have a young family that are dependant on me. But instead of floundering like a complete tit I faced the obstacles head on and overcame them. I didn't post whiney ass forum messages about how hard it was or how bad Canada was to have accepted me and then not make me a millionaire.

And it's not hatred - I don't know the guy and I can't hate him. You are confusing my sentiment with irritation. It irritates me that these sorts of posts exist. Who are they helping? How do they support, encourage and inspire potential immigrants? Why does Mr Failure assume that every immigrant will have the exact same embarrasing failure as himself...?

I have been in his shoes. I have faced his mountains head on and I have conquered them, as have millions of other immigrants. Have you looked on the Monster website? There are litterally tens of thousands of jobs there - how can anyone NOT find a job in Canada. Agreed, they may not go straight in as a neurosurgeon or a cosmonaught, but they will have an opportunity - I know this because I had this, I faced this hurdle and had to make do. I took any job I could just to get by. Eventually I got my break - just like everyone else. You have to keep looking and keep competing.....welcome to capitalism and democracy my friend.

So "dude", I do know what I would do in his postion because I have been there and I have done it, as have millions of others.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

jeck-jeck

Nov 1, 2004

I don't think Mr.AMIT is stating or sharing an opinion. He probably sharing his experiences however he is making suggestions for hopefull immigrants "not to immigrate to Canada" and that serves as a disservice to this forum. The websites you posted Mr Amit had been posted here before and read which means this is not new to us. I dont know why you did not succeed as you plan and hope to be, but you cannot blame Canada alone for your failures. Our success in life does not solely depend on someone else ( like Canada for instance ). You are responsible for your own success and Canada is only an instrument to achive your goals. You are blessed because you were given an opportunity to live and work in one of the top 5 countries in the world. There is no perfect place or country my friend....but Canada either you admit it or not is offering and still offering the best opportunities for people to have a good quality of living much better with what you have before..God bless you my friend...

yemkik

Star Member
Sep 6, 2004

Mr.AMIT,

Thanks for sharing your tale of woes with us BUT you should also realize that not many people (including me) are interested in the least with this boring talk of yours. We have all heard it before in this forum and we are not interested in hearing it again.
Many people have emmigrated to Canada and doing well without any hitch. I would advise you meet them and ask them the secret of their success maybe you might learn one or two success stories from them.
I still believe that if you find Canada too unpleasant for you please leave immediately and stop being a bad pick in good apples.
Please leave Tired-of-waiting alone, he/she is just saying the minds of rest of us in this forum...............leave Canada NOW!!

STAmisha

Apr 26, 2006
USA

Amit00

If you cannot suceed, please go back to where ever you come from and stop preaching . You did not succeed because you have -ve attitude and you cannot succeed with that even with a Masters and if you dont intergrate and have a open mind.

Personally, I have known number of friends in Canada who told that "JOB OPPURTUNITIES ARE NOT GREAT BUT IT ALL DEPENDS UPON THE PERSON". By the way for eg: One of my friends were un employed for more than 1 year but now he drives BMW Z4 and has a huge home in Vancouver. He is below 30.

I also know some idiots in Atlanta ( USA ) who has Masters from Emory and also from Georgia Tech who is just making both ends meet by working in a Gas Station.

It means it all depends upon THE PERSON

If you dont like it, go back to where ever you come from

Thanks

holu_mal

Aug 20, 2006

Amit is not a Pakistani name it is Indian name (Sanskrit language), please refer to the following links or search internet.

http://www.behindthename.com/php/view.php?name=amit-1
http://www.babynamesworld.com/meaning_of_Amit.html

It is normal for Indian to do, i.e. if they want to say something controversial they don’t dare to express it using their identity, so they hide behind someone’s else identity.

I’m writing this post just to make sure that people like “tired_of_waiting” doesn’t blast my country of origin 7 times in one post.

Few words of advice for Mr “tired of waiting “ (54 (0.237 per day)” posts my God.. …get live and go out more and enjoy hot weather until it lasts.

Having said all above, let me tell you that Canada is a country, where every body has right to express whatever he(s) feels but hate towards a community is a crime…this is what makes this country Great to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.