+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want your passport back? Here is how.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
If your passport is seized at ircc etobicoke office just send an email and mention you've had PR status now along your name, uci number , address and reason of your request to

CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca

And you'll get a response in 2-3 weeks.
Me and couple of my friends did the same and all was responded in 2 weeks and scheduled for a pickup 2 weeks after.
Are you allow to use it and travel with no problem?

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Not at all!
Hi I wonder have you recently used the passport to travel without issue? if so can you please share the experience? For example did CBSA ask you why you use the passport, or did they give you a hard time at the border etc. Thanks.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi I wonder have you recently used the passport to travel without issue? if so can you please share the experience? For example did CBSA ask you why you use the passport, or did they give you a hard time at the border etc. Thanks.
Considering one would be using the passport of the country they were seeking asylum from , I’d seriously have no clue whatsoever why the CBSA would question you about it .
No clue whatsoever

it’s what we say “It’ll be hunky dory “

Last edited:

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Considering one would be using the passport of the country they were seeking asylum from , I’d seriously have no clue whatsoever why the CBSA would question you about it .
No clue whatsoever

it’s what we say “It’ll be hunky dory “
If you read my question, you might realize that what I was asking is a specific experience from a specific person, not something that can be found on the CIC website.

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
No, I didn't use it for traveling, I just use it as a government ID to give a permission through the hone country embassy to my brother for some legal matters back home.
DON'T NEVER EVER USE IT FOR TRAVELING.

Reactions: chelavnzuo

dubaibynight

May 12, 2018
Good day,

I came to Canada as a refugee and finally got my PR for myself as the principal last yr in April. My dependants files are not uploaded on my portal to submit their pictures to date and now am curious how long this process takes.

What should I do to get that information about my family. Also can I invite them if this process takes longer or should I just wait?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day,

I came to Canada as a refugee and finally got my PR for myself as the principal last yr in April. My dependants files are not uploaded on my portal to submit their pictures to date and now am curious how long this process takes.

What should I do to get that information about my family. Also can I invite them if this process takes longer or should I just wait?
Were your dependents included in your PR application? If so, then once you receive spar their applications start being processed. Have they had any contact from IRCC?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good day,

Are they out of Canada?

Dan321

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
If your passport is seized at ircc etobicoke office just send an email and mention you've had PR status now along your name, uci number , address and reason of your request to

CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca

And you'll get a response in 2-3 weeks.
Me and couple of my friends did the same and all was responded in 2 weeks and scheduled for a pickup 2 weeks after.
what’s reason you can put in email for passport back?