+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want your passport back? Here is how.

binish001

Mar 7, 2023
Syria
Category........
Other
Good day,

I came to Canada as a refugee and finally got my PR for myself as the principal last yr in April. My dependants files are not uploaded on my portal to submit their pictures to date and now am curious how long this process takes.

What should I do to get that information about my family. Also can I invite them if this process takes longer or should I just wait?
Can u share your time line.

dubaibynight

May 12, 2018
Were your dependents included in your PR application? If so, then once you receive spar their applications start being processed. Have they had any contact from IRCC?
No so far they have not since I gave the option that communication to be through my email or my portal. Only person who was to be contacted through email was my wife but children I gave my email on their papers

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No so far they have not since I gave the option that communication to be through my email or my portal. Only person who was to be contacted through email was my wife but children I gave my email on their papers
You need to contact IRCC to verify that your dependents were included on PR application. Since they haven’t been contacted to do biometrics ( it sure how old your children are) or medicals.

dubaibynight

May 12, 2018
Iam not sure if anyone saw I question I had asked if possible to request IRCC if I can invite my children even though they are in my application when I submitted my document since now I got PR? Am planning to contact IRCC but if anyone can answer b4 I call IRCC. God bless you

Dan321

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
If you want your home country passport what would you give them a reason in email to CBSA after receiving PR.
Kindly help with it
Thanks

dubaibynight

May 12, 2018
If you want your home country passport what would you give them a reason in email to CBSA after receiving PR.
Kindly help with it
Thanks
I believe having a PR and no passport you can’t travel to any country and PR is only to allow someone to enter Canada but not to leave. I have a business trip in my case to Europe but I don’t have a passport so I can’t travel.

Reactions: Dan321

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I believe having a PR and no passport you can’t travel to any country and PR is only to allow someone to enter Canada but not to leave. I have a business trip in my case to Europe but I don’t have a passport so I can’t travel.
You can’t travel with your home country passport or risk losing your status in Canada. By using the passport that means you are travelling under the protection of your home country. You need to apply for an RTD and then see what is required to enter that specific country. Not all countries accept RTDs. Most European countries require a visa with an RTD but verify with their embassy.

dubaibynight

May 12, 2018
You can’t travel with your home country passport or risk losing your status in Canada. By using the passport that means you are travelling under the protection of your home country. You need to apply for an RTD and then see what is required to enter that specific country. Not all countries accept RTDs. Most European countries require a visa with an RTD but verify with their embassy.
Wow this is very informative I will re apply for my RTD

dubaibynight

May 12, 2018
Can u share your time line.
Hi Binish001 sorry I missed your question but below is just a short version

I claimed my refugee is 2016 and my family was included in my documents as a principal. Last yr April I got approval say on 9th April. Now am thinking due to education of my children who are now getting desperate if I can use my residency for them to join me if we might end up hearing they are over the age limit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Binish001 sorry I missed your question but below is just a short version

I claimed my refugee is 2016 and my family was included in my documents as a principal. Last yr April I got approval say on 9th April. Now am thinking due to education of my children who are now getting desperate if I can use my residency for them to join me if we might end up hearing they are over the age limit.
They should receive PR through your application for PR as dependents. What contact has your wife had? Assume you must have appealed if you submitted your original asylum claim in 2016. Were they included in the appeal application? No matter what you wouldn’t be able to sponsor them if you weren’t a PR.

dubaibynight

May 12, 2018
They should receive PR through your application for PR as dependents. What contact has your wife had? Assume you must have appealed if you submitted your original asylum claim in 2016. Were they included in the appeal application? No matter what you wouldn’t be able to sponsor them if you weren’t a PR.
Hi yes they were included in the appeal as well and thank you so much for taking time to respond. Be blessed

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hi everyone
After refugee, then PR now I’m Canadian citizen.
I have a question that can I go back to my home country for few days now