+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to renew a trv in india but parents visitor visa file in NDVO @bryanna

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Sure, they can. No worries.

Typical questions:
1. What is the purpose of your visit/ why are you here?

2. For how long will you be staying?

3. Who are you visiting?

4. In some cases: Do you have a return ticket? Have you had any illness in the last XX days? How much money do you have for your visit?
Hi @Bryanna
My father is going to visit his uncle and brother in law for one month and also for canada day.

One of my friend tells me that the immigration officer at the airport can ask my father a number of question if he will tell them his visit to his uncle or brother in law.
She says they can ask is your uncle invite to you? If your daughter invites to you then why are you not going to visit her?
And my friend says that don’t mention anything about relatives.
Or like that anything
I am wondering now
Is there anything to worry about?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna
My father is going to visit his uncle and brother in law for one month and also for canada day.

One of my friend tells me that the immigration officer at the airport can ask my father a number of question if he will tell them his visit to his uncle or brother in law.
She says they can ask is your uncle invite to you? If your daughter invites to you then why are you not going to visit her?
And my friend says that don’t mention anything about relatives.
Or like that anything
I am wondering now
Is there anything to worry about?
Simple advice:
Please stop discussing about visa applications, POE matters, etc with this friend. Is she the same one who advised you to write 'No' for any previous visa applications to Canada? She has been giving you bad advice.

1. Your parents must not volunteer information at the POE. Answer only what is asked in as few words as possible.

2. The CBSA officer does not have access to their visa applications. Who invited your parents, why have they been invited, etc are information that is not known. What matters are their TRVs stamped in their passports + the now-and-here situation that your parents need to answer.

If asked why are you here, your parents must answer honestly: To meet my brother-in-law/uncle who lives in XX place. They must NOT say "Our daughter had invited us for her convocation, but she is in India. She has does not have a TRV to return yet. We decided to travel to Canada because we have TRVs"

If your parents incorrectly declare that they don't have relatives then the immigration officer will consider them as tourists. You wouldn't want this. Your parents could be questioned if they have the finances for a one month visit + hotel bookings for where they will be staying + a one month visit as a tourist is too long, so their visit might even be limited

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Simple advice:
Please stop discussing about visa applications, POE matters, etc with this friend. Is she the same one who advised you to write 'No' for any previous visa applications to Canada? She has been giving you bad advice.

1. Your parents must not volunteer information at the POE. Answer only what is asked in as few words as possible.

2. The CBSA officer does not have access to their visa applications. Who invited your parents, why have they been invited, etc are information that is not known. What matters are their TRVs stamped in their passports + the now-and-here situation that your parents need to answer.

If asked why are you here, your parents must answer honestly: To meet my brother-in-law/uncle who lives in XX place. They must NOT say "Our daughter had invited us for her convocation, but she is in India. She has does not have a TRV to return yet. We decided to travel to Canada because we have TRVs"

If your parents incorrectly declare that they don't have relatives then the immigration officer will consider them as tourists. You wouldn't want this. Your parents could be questioned if they have the finances for a one month visit + hotel bookings for where they will be staying + a one month visit as a tourist is too long, so their visit might even be limited

No this one is the different friend. Now i will stop discussing the matters with my friends as they dont have valuable information.
Will ask or discuss with you as you have valid information.

Ok Bryanna my father will answer to their questions honestly.

Last edited:

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Hi @Bryanna
As my father will going for a month to canada to visit his uncle.
How much money he can take with him?
Because at the airport the officer may be ask for the money
If my father will need money in canada then how can my mother send him from here as he will be on a visitir visa without any bank account in canada.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna
As my father will going for a month to canada to visit his uncle.
How much money he can take with him?
Because at the airport the officer may be ask for the money
If my father will need money in canada then how can my mother send him from here as he will be on a visitir visa without any bank account in canada.
He can guesstimate how much he would require for a one month stay. Check the RBI rules for taking foreign currency out of India. Also, if he brings more than CAD 10,000, he would need to declare it to CBSA. BTW CAD 10,000 is way too much and can raise doubts.

Best options:
1. Activate his credit card for international travel.

That said, Citibank charges 3-3.5% as foreign currency markup fee for any overseas transaction/ATM use + the currency conversion rates are not good. Other banks have similar fees. Your dad might want to keep these fees in mind.

2. Buy a Forex Travel Card from the bank where your dad has a bank account. Currency in CAD. He can use this card as a debit card + your mom can have this card topped with additional funds later. Also, any card balance can be reversed to his bank account when he returns to India.

3. Buy CAD currency only from a RBI licensed Forex dealer. Your dad will get an official receipt stating his passport details + the RBI dealer's license number

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
He can guesstimate how much he would require for a one month stay. Check the RBI rules for taking foreign currency out of India. Also, if he brings more than CAD 10,000, he would need to declare it to CBSA. BTW CAD 10,000 is way too much and can raise doubts.

Best options:
1. Activate his credit card for international travel.

That said, Citibank charges 3-3.5% as foreign currency markup fee for any overseas transaction/ATM use + the currency conversion rates are not good. Other banks have similar fees. Your dad might want to keep these fees in mind.

2. Buy a Forex Travel Card from the bank where your dad has a bank account. Currency in CAD. He can use this card as a debit card + your mom can have this card topped with additional funds later. Also, any card balance can be reversed to his bank account when he returns to India.

3. Buy CAD currency only from a RBI licensed Forex dealer. Your dad will get an official receipt stating his passport details + the RBI dealer's license number
Ok @Bryanna
Thank your the information

I got my ppr