Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
What are the reasons people get rejected for stage 1, please? For spousal sponsorship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Some reasons...

- sponsor is on social assistance
- sponsor is a PR and not living in Canada
- sponsor has an undischarged bankrupsy
- sponsor has a criminal issue that makes him/her not eligible to sponsor
- sponsor was married/common law before becoming a PR but landed as single and did not declare his/her spouse
- sponsor sponsored another spouse previously and the support obligation hasn't expired yet
- sponsor sponsored another person perviously, that individual claimed social assistance during the support period and sponsor hasn't paid this money back yet

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head...

sahm2boys

Star Member
Aug 9, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
05-04-2012
Thank you. I'm a little worried about the fact that I have four children from a previous marriage to care for as well. I'm hoping they don't think I can't sponsor my husband because of it. What do you think?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
It depends on your income, that's why they ask for the Option C and your work history, and it also depends on their evaluation of your husband's ability to become gainfully employed in Canada, so they will look at his work history as well.

Take a look at the LICO tables, see what the cut-off is for a family of 6 including 4 minor dependents. That will give you an idea of what they might look for in terms of your income. Mind you, they can't disqualify you from sponsoring him even if you fall short of the LICO, because it doesn't apply to spousal sponsorship. However, if he lacks education or has a spotty work record, if you live somewhere with high cost of living and have few assets and low income, all of these can be counted against him when they evaluate his section of the application and then they refuse him the visa under Section A39, for financial inadmissibility.

If none of the above apply, don't worry so much. :)

Cxyrus

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
HI, how about if you have credit history problems? Does it affect your sponsorship application too? Thanks in advance.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cxyrus said:
HI, how about if you have credit history problems? Does it affect your sponsorship application too? Thanks in advance.
Credit issues no being an undischarged bankrupt will

So if u are bankrupt and didnt get your discharged u cannot sponsor until u get discharged

Cxyrus

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
Credit issues no being an undischarged bankrupt will

So if u are bankrupt and didnt get your discharged u cannot sponsor until u get discharged

Sorry, but i didn't get it..can you explain it to me more clearly.Coz, this is the situation. I just have some few credit cards and I cannot pay them eventually. And I already passed my appplication for sponsorship last Sept.2011. What will happened? Am I gonna be refused? Thanks..

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u wont get refused but if u filed for bankruptcy and u are still an active bankrupt meaning paying ur mthly lawyer fee and any overage then u are active being discharged means u got a discharge certificate however if u never filed for bankruptcy please do not worry bad credit wont stop the application

Cxyrus

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
No, i never filed for bankruptcy, actually, i didn't know about that..hehe..lol.. I am just a normal person that cannot pay my credit cards. That's it! It'll not affect my application right? Thanks so much for you help.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cxyrus said:
No, i never filed for bankruptcy, actually, i didn't know about that..hehe..lol.. I am just a normal person that cannot pay my credit cards. That's it! It'll not affect my application right? Thanks so much for you help.
Lol u are right its so normal now to carry credit card debt so u are not alone

Cxyrus

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
yah..and even we are here in canada. still we are in debt. people need to know how hard we worked here in canada. they thought our life here is easy. So, last question, Can you explain to me what bankruptcy is for? And what is the difference between an undischarged bankruptcy and just the person who cannot pay their credit cards.? And the connection for the spousal application. Thanks,.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well being bankrupt means that u went to a lawyer and told them u cannot pay ur debt and u wanna legally get out of doing it so they control of ur estate for the time you are bakrupt write all ur creditors and advise them u are bankrupt so that u now get legal protection and the debts are wiped clean after 9 mths for first time bankrupt u do have to attend 3 credit counseling session and pay a mthly fee to ur lawyer about $140 and submit a mthly net worth statement

If u cannot pay ur credit cards u have the option of filing a proposal which means that ur creditors will be paid but they are paid on a pymt plan that is acceptable and something that u can pay, bankruptcy is a last resort and should only be filed if u really truly cannot pay as it stays on ur record for 7 yrs and in that time getting credit is really hard although capital one and home trust offer secure credit card for this reason

Being bankrupt disqualify u from filing for sponsorship but once u are discharged u can file I believe the reason they want to make sure u are not active bankrupt is the same as welfare they wanna make sure u can support ur spouse

Cxyrus

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
oh i see..But in my case, Its OK? Even i didnt file a bankruptcy? I am just really nervous regarding that matter. Because I am only working in a fastfood chain. And I cannot pay my credit cards.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the rules clearly states bankrupt they didnt say u need to have perfect credit score or even good credit score it just says u cannot be an undishcarged bankrupt which u r not