+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WAKE UP CALGARY OFFICE

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Hi everyone, I am a little confused with what Iam seeing here, I thought if the application was online(as it is now) then even the Calgary office can work on it remotely and they do not need to go physically to the office to handle papers.
How come the applications in Calgary office are still being delayed ?
because there is no one to work and now with the 4th wave and a lockdown looming there probably will be no movement until next year.

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
because there is no one to work and now with the 4th wave and a lockdown looming there probably will be no movement until next year.
True. For additional context, 2021 applicants (both paper and online) from other offices are already getting oath invites. Some actually already have their citizenship. Makes sense since 2020 is long gone, and IRCC is probably trying to hit 2021 targets to save face..

Sometimes, life just throws you a curveball. In our case, it was our files being assigned to the Calgary office. I love living in Calgary, but the way we've been failed by our local IRCC office is depressing. Nothing to do now but wait..

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
True. For additional context, 2021 applicants (both paper and online) from other offices are already getting oath invites. Some actually already have their citizenship. Makes sense since 2020 is long gone, and IRCC is probably trying to hit 2021 targets to save face..

Sometimes, life just throws you a curveball. In our case, it was our files being assigned to the Calgary office. I love living in Calgary, but the way we've been failed by our local IRCC office is depressing. Nothing to do now but wait..
Is it true 2021 applications are receiving OATH? Do you have something to support that fact?

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Yup, check the 2021 tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=1316748968

To be fair, there doesn't seem to be a lot in the tracker yet. But if you join FB groups like "Canadian Citizenship Test" and "Canadian Citizenship Application and Test Help Community", you'll probably run into a bit more.
Thanks for providing this information. But still I feel these guys will be waiting for sometime. IRCC must have done the preliminary stuffs like Citizenship test etc.

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
hey, Any updates for anyone in Calgary for Jan 2020.
I don’t think there was much movement from Calgary office this week. Did not see any oath invites on this website or Facebook. So annoying what are they doing… also municipal election is coming up here in Calgary. You’d think they try to process some backlog so people could vote!! What is going on Calgary!!!

Reactions: ELIZAG

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
I don’t think there was much movement from Calgary office this week. Did not see any oath invites on this website or Facebook. So annoying what are they doing… also municipal election is coming up here in Calgary. You’d think they try to process some backlog so people could vote!! What is going on Calgary!!!
I feel the same. And now they have more reason to add in their pile of excuses.

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I don’t wanna get into too much personal stuff here but man I’m not doing well. I literally can’t take this and lost my health months ago. Some of us came to this country for human rights, justice, fairness and I can’t even express the storm that is inside of me. These people ruined my life. I’m tired, I’m mad, trying to find a way out of this. Maybe I am gonna start sending web forms every single day until I get an actual answer. The whole thing genuinely making me sick.

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
I don’t wanna get into too much personal stuff here but man I’m not doing well. I literally can’t take this and lost my health months ago. Some of us came to this country for human rights, justice, fairness and I can’t even express the storm that is inside of me. These people ruined my life. I’m tired, I’m mad, trying to find a way out of this. Maybe I am gonna start sending web forms every single day until I get an actual answer. The whole thing genuinely making me sick.
Dude I totally understand your frustration because we are all in the same boat. I hope things work out for all of us soon. I had big plans to see my family this christmas after 3 years and still suck waiting for things to happen.

• Sad
Reactions: DejavuCA

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
yeah I agree! It is so unfair. It just stresses me out. They need to have a better system because they will never go through all that backlog! It will just keep piling up!

• Sad
Reactions: DejavuCA

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
wish someone could really do something about this. i will write a petition and government will be obligated to respond but need lots of people and also someone to write it as my english is not good

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
hey, wanted to know if you have any time requested for ATIP notes? And if yes, how quick is the turn over time?
No I haven’t done that. From looking through the forms seems like it takes between 30-60 days to get the notes back. Knowing Calgary it probably takes a bit. But have read that it’s good to do ever few months if you don’t see much movement in your account. If you do it let us know