+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WAKE UP CALGARY OFFICE

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
if this is correct calgary conducted 3 oath ceremonies in sept? 1st, 23th and 28th? something makes me not want to believe this. they are only allowed to take a certain amount of file home and they only come every 2-3 weeks to return file and update progress or transfer to other.
Another one I saw was sept 16th on the tracker so yeah like 4 oaths days for Calgary office so far in sept. I think aug was even worse. But honestly I have no clue how they do the processing all I know is it’s a fucking joke

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Another one I saw was sept 16th on the tracker so yeah like 4 oaths days for Calgary office so far in sept. I think aug was even worse. But honestly I have no clue how they do the processing all I know is it’s a fucking joke
dont you think at that rate the oaths should be pouring in for calgary applicants? the tracker dont show much and no calgary applicant returns after oath to share the experience on how many people take oath with them . unless they are scheduling individual oaths which is extremely unlikely.
wonder what they are doing and my application was dm in jan but they giving oath to aug. nothing make sense.

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Now I know where the delay is..lol..Did a source tell you this? or an assumption?
lol its from a source i have no reason to not trust . there are separate queues for separate request and processing like oath, fingerprint, ect as certain application parts always process in batch. a friend of friend works other office and they got this information for me . they told me the name of my citizenship officer who is currently away for a long time and no one currently working on my file as he probably has my file at his home. normal they requires to return file to office or update 2-3 weeks as they only go office once every 2-3 weeks. the pandemic caused a great deal of mismanagement.

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
lol its from a source i have no reason to not trust . there are separate queues for separate request and processing like oath, fingerprint, ect as certain application parts always process in batch. a friend of friend works other office and they got this information for me . they told me the name of my citizenship officer who is currently away for a long time and no one currently working on my file as he probably has my file at his home. normal they requires to return file to office or update 2-3 weeks as they only go office once every 2-3 weeks. the pandemic caused a great deal of mismanagement.
I feel so frustrated with their system how they are handling our applications. I think they do not feel our urgency to get this done. Please keep us posted if there is any progress. Thank you for providing this info.

Reactions: diana98

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
dont you think at that rate the oaths should be pouring in for calgary applicants? the tracker dont show much and no calgary applicant returns after oath to share the experience on how many people take oath with them . unless they are scheduling individual oaths which is extremely unlikely.
wonder what they are doing and my application was dm in jan but they giving oath to aug. nothing make sense.
That’s what I would assume yeah! Like why isn’t 100 people booked in a day for oaths. They could get through the backlog in 2 months if they did 500 applicants a week. But I heard that some oaths are coming from judges in Winnipeg and other cities. So maybe there more to it then we think

Reactions: seaboard33

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
That’s interesting I don’t get how that is allowed? Like why is the person not returning your file so someone else can do it. That is causing more backlogs!!

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
I think this adds up. I'm following the trail of Calgarians who received test invites since I haven't received mine yet. Turns out a bunch of September 2020 applicants received their invites, but applicants from July - August were completely skipped. "Batch processing" would make sense in this case because whoever assigned to the September files did their job, while whoever is handling those before that is probably on "COVID leave". Or maybe their dog ate it. I dunno.

COVID delays. Afghanistan processing. IRCC mismanagement.
See you all in 2024 when us Calgarians finally get our citizenships. At least we'll get to vote next elections. Hopefully. :rolleyes:

ELIZAG

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
I think this adds up. I'm following the trail of Calgarians who received test invites since I haven't received mine yet. Turns out a bunch of September 2020 applicants received their invites, but applicants from July - August were completely skipped. "Batch processing" would make sense in this case because whoever assigned to the September files did their job, while whoever is handling those before that is probably on "COVID leave". Or maybe their dog ate it. I dunno.

COVID delays. Afghanistan processing. IRCC mismanagement.
See you all in 2024 when us Calgarians finally get our citizenships. At least we'll get to vote next elections. Hopefully. :rolleyes:
It is hilarious. Jan 2020 or all family applications are in some lala land or like you mentioned Dog ate it..lol.. I think they are just lazy sitting at home and pretending they are working. Hopefully in the next 6,7, 8 .. 12 ..13...... months we will some sort of good news!

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
yah it is very sad. i went to ircc office inside calgary harry haye building but it is not accessible. i took time off to go as i was hoping there will be someone walking by or in the office who i can stop and ask why they are doing this to me but i cant afford to keep doing this as i have a full time job. i also wasted a few hours trying to study and research my atip notes but most of the real notes have been removed from my file and are only blank pages. they hide everything like the communist govt will do. i am beyond frustrated

DejavuCA

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I passed my test in July and still waiting for a DM! The year is 2021, the country is Canada, and this is seriously going on! Will hundreds of thousands of people forget this mess??? NO! It’s gonna backfire someday! We won’t forget or let others forget about this!

Reactions: ELIZAG

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
as the days pass i am becoming more and more confident they will drop all the citizenship applications which are stuck in the queue. somewhere i read they dropped all pr application once because backlog was too much. there are over 400 thousand applications now and there is really no way they can clear it without more staff. they hiring more people but no one probably want to work govt job like that for 40-50k.
this is game over pretty much for ircc.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
as the days pass i am becoming more and more confident they will drop all the citizenship applications which are stuck in the queue. somewhere i read they dropped all pr application once because backlog was too much. there are over 400 thousand applications now and there is really no way they can clear it without more staff. they hiring more people but no one probably want to work govt job like that for 40-50k.
this is game over pretty much for ircc.
I would respectfully disagree on that for a couple of reasons!
1. if you see this backlog is just in AB and they are famous for their delays even long before Covid and they are least worried or they rarely care about the citizenship applications that’s why people who applied in 2018 and 2019 getting tests now! So we who applied in 2020 should forget about this at least for 2022.
2. Citizenship grant a serious business so they will keep us all busy under the shadow of scrutiny, and what not , this is a very valid reason for them to keep us behind the light of a truck!

Guitarlife

Feb 1, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone, I am a little confused with what Iam seeing here, I thought if the application was online(as it is now) then even the Calgary office can work on it remotely and they do not need to go physically to the office to handle papers.
How come the applications in Calgary office are still being delayed ?

seaboard33

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
I would respectfully disagree on that for a couple of reasons!
1. if you see this backlog is just in AB and they are famous for their delays even long before Covid and they are least worried or they rarely care about the citizenship applications that’s why people who applied in 2018 and 2019 getting tests now! So we who applied in 2020 should forget about this at least for 2022.
2. Citizenship grant a serious business so they will keep us all busy under the shadow of scrutiny, and what not , this is a very valid reason for them to keep us behind the light of a truck!
hope can be a good thing but at ircc we are just a number. calgary is only a very small number out of 400 thousand applications in the system which keeps growing as we talk.