+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting Time for IRCC Landing Appointment?

arsmith1992

May 12, 2018
Hello All,
I emailed the IRCC on Monday, November 26, 2018 with the required information in order to get an appointment for my landing interview. I live in Kitchener, Ontario so will go to any office in or near Kitchener.

It is now December 5th (9 days later) and I haven’t heard back yet. I know the email says it may take up to 30 days to hear back but I am wondering what the waiting period was for people who have gone through this process recently.

Secondly, when I got my CoPR documents in the mail, they only sent back one photo with it (I mailed them two). Will I need to have photos taken again in order to have two of the same photo when I go to do my landing or is this not a requirement?
Thank you,
Amanda

arsmith1992

May 12, 2018
Just to clarify, the one photo is attached to the IRCC copy of the CoPR. There is no photo on my copy.

Hello All,
I emailed the IRCC on Monday, November 26, 2018 with the required information in order to get an appointment for my landing interview. I live in Kitchener, Ontario so will go to any office in or near Kitchener.

It is now December 5th (9 days later) and I haven’t heard back yet. I know the email says it may take up to 30 days to hear back but I am wondering what the waiting period was for people who have gone through this process recently.

Secondly, when I got my CoPR documents in the mail, they only sent back one photo with it (I mailed them two). Will I need to have photos taken again in order to have two of the same photo when I go to do my landing or is this not a requirement?
Thank you,
Amanda
Just to

viktan

Oct 3, 2018
Hi Amanda,

Just want to confirm with you how long it took you to receive an appointment.

Hello All,

Thank you,
Amanda

arsmith1992

May 12, 2018
Hi Amanda,

Just want to confirm with you how long it took you to receive an appointment.
Hello Viktan,
I emailed for interview of November 26th. I got an email on December 19th for an interview date of December 31st in Kitchener. All went well there and I am now a PR of Ontario, Canada! I received my PR card in the mail on Feb 22nd.
I did not end up needing the two new commercial photos.
Hope you hear back soon and your process goes smoothly.
All the best,
Amanda

Reactions: Farah2018

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Hello Viktan,
I emailed for interview of November 26th. I got an email on December 19th for an interview date of December 31st in Kitchener. All went well there and I am now a PR of Ontario, Canada! I received my PR card in the mail on Feb 22nd.
All the best,
Amanda
That's very useful, thank you for sharing! I was actually asking about that in another chat the other day.
I sent my passport to Ottawa already and they approved my application and issued my COPR. Now, I'm just waiting for them to send my documents back, including my COPR. I wanted contact IRCC to schedule an interview while I wait for my documents (to save some time), but I don't know if I have to wait until those arrive in the mail to do it. Do you know?

arsmith1992

May 12, 2018
That's very useful, thank you for sharing! I was actually asking about that in another chat the other day.
I sent my passport to Ottawa already and they approved my application and issued my COPR. Now, I'm just waiting for them to send my documents back, including my COPR. I wanted contact IRCC to schedule an interview while I wait for my documents (to save some time), but I don't know if I have to wait until those arrive in the mail to do it. Do you know?
Hello,
I am glad this was helpful! I can appreciate that you want to save some time, however, you will have to wait until you get your CoPR in the mail. There are a few pieces of information on that form that you will need to include in the email when asking for an appointment date. Best of luck!

arsmith1992

May 12, 2018
what email did you use to contact IRCC? did you use the IRCC web form?
Hello c.cruz91. At the time I sent the email (back in November 2018), the email I had to use was:

ircc.pra-rvpr.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Once you send the email with all of the required information (described in you CoPR papers), you will receive an email confirmation stating that they received your email and that it may take up to 30 days to receive a response with an appointment time.
Hope this helps.
-Amanda

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Hello c.cruz91. At the time I sent the email (back in November 2018), the email I had to use was:

Once you send the email with all of the required information (described in you CoPR papers), you will receive an email confirmation stating that they received your email and that it may take up to 30 days to receive a response with an appointment time.
Hope this helps.
-Amanda
Thanks a lot, Amanda! I received my passport and CoPR today. I already sent an email to IRCC with all the required information. Let's hope they don't take too long to schedule an interview for me.

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB

Hope this helps.
-Amanda
Amanda, guess what?! I requested an appointment yesterday, and I got an email today saying I can go for my interview this Friday!! I guess my local IRCC office works really fast! Thanks for your help

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
Amanda, guess what?! I requested an appointment yesterday, and I got an email today saying I can go for my interview this Friday!! I guess my local IRCC office works really fast! Thanks for your help
Congratulations! I’m from Toronto and I sent my passport last week to Ottawa for PR visa and today my application status is showing approved. Once I got my passport back , I will email IRCC for an appointment. Can you please let me know what is your location and on which IRCC office you got your appointment for the interview?Thanks.

Elyssa

Jun 7, 2019
Hi! I booked an appointment thru phone today for an interview on ircc office. The agent said, i will receive an e-mail and it will take 30 days or more or an office will call me , i was confused about that. Can anyone share how long did you receive an e-mail for appointment date? Or a call back.

arsmith1992

May 12, 2018
Hi! I booked an appointment thru phone today for an interview on ircc office. The agent said, i will receive an e-mail and it will take 30 days or more or an office will call me , i was confused about that. Can anyone share how long did you receive an e-mail for appointment date? Or a call back.
Hello Elyssa,
This is correct information. I emailed for interview of November 26th. I got an email on December 19th for an interview date of December 31st in Kitchener, so about 23 days of waiting. All went well there and I am now a PR of Ontario, Canada! I received my PR card in the mail on Feb 22nd.
All the best,
Amanda

rcanzy

Mar 28, 2019
Which documents have you taken with you besides your passport and CoPR during the landing interview at the IRCC office ?