Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Reactions: JaxT

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Good news at least. I hope they’ll not take months again to update the profiles like they did for bio exempt
I dont know man i feel like all these days atleast we have seen a trend that after seeing medical extension its almost close to approval and knew an officer is working but now with this the system extends and will.be sitting until the officer feels like to work on whereas before he have to work atleast because of the pressure that medical need to be extended by him...well just my opnion but if this speeds up the processing its good sign..

Reactions: ForUs2020

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Reached to MP again for follow up and also requested for officer change.i got a call from the MP manager itself saying that we cant ask IRCC to prioritize or request for change of officer and i understand whats going on now is unfair and not sure why some applicants getting approvals fast and some not.But we can get upto date information on your file on monthly basis and thats the most we can do.And remember one thing precovid it used to be 3 officers working in the office now its only one officer and he wont be in everyday hence the pile up happening and we are aware of so many people still waiting for approvals for long time.Just be patient it will be processed when the officer picks your file.

So its just waiting and if we are lucky enough the wait wont be long i was assuming as one person her kn004 said he requested for officer change and when his file got approved he saw different officer worked on his file.

• Sad
Reactions: ForUs2020

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
May 29, waiting… and then waiting some more…

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
My security due date is July 7, 2021. I hope something begins to happen before then but then, no hope at all cos I’ve seen people with their due date passed and still security is not started.

Reactions: JaxT

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
I think there has to be at least couple of hundred folks waiting from May AORs like us.. Alberta has fully opened since yesterday and I believe Ontario should not be far behind hopefully.. I want to have hope with this month of July. If they want they can process all the pending files in a week given that now a medical exemption public policy is in effect giving officers direct power to extend medicals rather than waiting for medical update results from the RMO/Health Canada…

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Hey, when did your medical expired ? And after how many days does it got extended ?

I am also May AOR , everything passed , medical expired
My medical expired in December 2020 and got extended in February 2021. Criminality still in progress, security not started, eligibility passed! Waiting and waiting.....

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Reached to MP again for follow up and also requested for officer change.i got a call from the MP manager itself saying that we cant ask IRCC to prioritize or request for change of officer and i understand whats going on now is unfair and not sure why some applicants getting approvals fast and some not.But we can get upto date information on your file on monthly basis and thats the most we can do.And remember one thing precovid it used to be 3 officers working in the office now its only one officer and he wont be in everyday hence the pile up happening and we are aware of so many people still waiting for approvals for long time.Just be patient it will be processed when the officer picks your file.

So its just waiting and if we are lucky enough the wait wont be long i was assuming as one person her kn004 said he requested for officer change and when his file got approved he saw different officer worked on his file.
I wonder why that's not the case for 2021 applicants??

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I wonder why that's not the case for 2021 applicants??
Just a thought based on how usually these officers work..as most of Q1 applications got delayed with biometrics submission the files went into backlog waiting for that to clear security and once we submitted those from sep some people got lucky and officers tried to clear the backlog and some like us not,still left with no movement. Could be officer unable to get back to our files as he was being allotted new incoming load, or
may be they still dont have complete access to office(as per MP's info provided to me which doesnt makes sense when the same Ottawa office files getting approved in less than 2months)
Or
The new files may have more s/w integration that they can have access from home to finish the process and as our files as beginning of pandemic and the IRCC is still working on s/w integration by then so we are not lucky enough to be in that new 2021 bunch
Most probably as we see evry officer having their own load they dont dare to try to finish the pending files of someone's work so our files are being unattended.

All these are my thoughts but i still dont know how IRCC can be such a dumb ass if they cant move the files because of above reasons why they cant dedicate atleast one or 2 officers from each branch to work on these backlogs..most of us waiting are straight forward applications instead of making us to suffer in extending meds,and we spending more money on our temp visa extensions..
If they knew they are short of men its fine they inviting new people if im in that case waiting for invite i will be soo happy seeing that but why they dont use their common sense to make some alternative to clear off the backlogs...

Reactions: JaxT and ForUs2020

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
I completely agree with you, its an operational failure on their part. I hope they understand and accept it sooner otherwise applicants like us will wait forever.

Just a thought based on how usually these officers work..as most of Q1 applications got delayed with biometrics submission the files went into backlog waiting for that to clear security and once we submitted those from sep some people got lucky and officers tried to clear the backlog and some like us not,still left with no movement. Could be officer unable to get back to our files as he was being allotted new incoming load, or
may be they still dont have complete access to office(as per MP's info provided to me which doesnt makes sense when the same Ottawa office files getting approved in less than 2months)
Or
The new files may have more s/w integration that they can have access from home to finish the process and as our files as beginning of pandemic and the IRCC is still working on s/w integration by then so we are not lucky enough to be in that new 2021 bunch
Most probably as we see evry officer having their own load they dont dare to try to finish the pending files of someone's work so our files are being unattended.

All these are my thoughts but i still dont know how IRCC can be such a dumb ass if they cant move the files because of above reasons why they cant dedicate atleast one or 2 officers from each branch to work on these backlogs..most of us waiting are straight forward applications instead of making us to suffer in extending meds,and we spending more money on our temp visa extensions..
If they knew they are short of men its fine they inviting new people if im in that case waiting for invite i will be soo happy seeing that but why they dont use their common sense to make some alternative to clear off the backlogs...