+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting PR Application officer DM10032

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Hi everyone, AOR May 30, CEC In-land, Bio-exempted, still waiting to get the approval. My MP called and told me that my medical got extended until February 2022, my latest update as per MP:

Eligibility passed
Security not started
Criminality in Progress (Since October)
File location: CPC Ottawa

My original medical was expired in December 2020 so not sure why my medical got extended to February 2022, isn't it weird getting such a long extension?

Any thoughts?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Hi everyone, AOR May 30, CEC In-land, Bio-exempted, still waiting to get the approval. My MP called and told me that my medical got extended until February 2022, my latest update as per MP:

Eligibility passed
Security not started

My original medical was expired in December 2020 so not sure why my medical got extended to February 2022, isn't it weird getting such a long extension?

Any thoughts?
That’s usually 1 year from when it was extended so yours was extended in Feb of 2021

Reactions: s.simhad

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020

Eligibility passed
Security not started

Any thoughts?
This is good. Once you see that remedical extension reflect on your MyCIC account, after that you’ll be getting the approval within one week as per the trend.

Reactions: s.simhad

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
This is good. Once you see that remedical extension reflect on your MyCIC account, after that you’ll be getting the approval within one week as per the trend.
Do you know usually how long it takes usually to reflect the medical extension on myCIC account? If it was extended in February, already 3.5 months passed, yet nothing changed on myCIC account.

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
Do you know usually how long it takes usually to reflect the medical extension on myCIC account? If it was extended in February, already 3.5 months passed, yet nothing changed on myCIC account.
It's very random. I believe within next 2-3 weeks we should see something. My AOR is just 1 day before yours and the same officer. I have been noticing an increase in April 2020 AOR approvals recently, which means that IRCC might pick up our files again close to our Security Due Date (1 year from the date we got BIL/Medical passed first time on MyCIC portal in July 2020). Recent April 2020 approvals must have their Security Due Date this month, hence the approvals. You can also find Security Due Date in your admissibility section of your GCMS notes under Security. This is something to look for. So with this trend, I believe we should be getting our applications finalized by 1st or 2nd week of July hopefully. Rest, if your eligibility is passed and you have no criminal/security related issues that you know of - your file will get approved for sure, albeit whenever that will be!

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
It's very random. I believe within next 2-3 weeks we should see something. My AOR is just 1 day before yours and the same officer. I have been noticing an increase in April 2020 AOR approvals recently, which means that IRCC might pick up our files again close to our Security Due Date (1 year from the date we got BIL/Medical passed first time on MyCIC portal in July 2020). Recent April 2020 approvals must have their Security Due Date this month, hence the approvals. You can also find Security Due Date in your admissibility section of your GCMS notes under Security. This is something to look for. So with this trend, I believe we should be getting our applications finalized by 1st or 2nd week of July hopefully. Rest, if your eligibility is passed and you have no criminal/security related issues that you know of - your file will get approved for sure, albeit whenever that will be!
Thank you for the elaborated answer, really appreciate it :)

Reactions: JaxT

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
I really like the due date theory. My security due date is July 7, 2021. Hoping they get it done before then

Reactions: JaxT

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
I really like the due date theory. My security due date is July 7, 2021. Hoping they get it done before then
Yeah good luck, I really wish this to work out for you and the rest of us waiting here.. #fingerscrossed.

Reactions: ForUs2020

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
Great but he had his medical extended 2 months ago remember. Ours is not even extended.
Yeah that's true. I haven't contacted IRCC to inquire about the status of my medical exam after it expired on May 30th last month. Maybe they extended it in the backend awaiting officer to get to my file and update it, or they'll request a remed if I'm not so lucky. Anyways, just want the officer to atleast start processing our files again as it'll be a short wait after that..