+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on student VISA, is it possible to chase for an update?

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
yes, it was two separate emails, one for me and one for my husband.
That link apparently goes to the right people (as long as you are applying from within England) but their emails back arent great :(

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

oh ok hopefully i'll hear something soon otherwise i'll definitely try with that link. when will you be leaving for canada? december or january? i have not even looked at ticket prices until i hear back. im
guessing due to christmas/new year prices will be quite high.

a_carreiro_2

Nov 17, 2012
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2013
it was cheaper to book after christmas but before new years but closer to the time it might get more pricey, im not too sure

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ canadastudentvisa any update on your application?

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

Nope, not yet :( Going to email them again tomorrow as another week has gone by and now only 4 weeks left before the start of my classes.

bamzy007

Dec 10, 2013
@Canadastudentvisa, I think you should write them as my application took 10 weeks yesterday wrote them a day before the 10th week and they requested for my passport next day. Submitted October 1st. All the best

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
Hi

I wrote them yesterday and they replied saying 'Your application is currently in process and awaiting officer review. The general processing time for Work and Study Permit applications is 8 to 10 weeks however some cases may take longer for any number of reasons. We will contact you if any additional information or proof is required.' The 10 week mark will be on Monday so I will write them again if I have not heard anything by then. Its very frustrating as last week they said my file was under final review and they hope to provide me with a decision very soon and now they are saying it has not yet been reviewed by an officer.

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadastudentvisa said:
Hi

I wrote them yesterday and they replied saying 'Your application is currently in process and awaiting officer review. The general processing time for Work and Study Permit applications is 8 to 10 weeks however some cases may take longer for any number of reasons. We will contact you if any additional information or proof is required.' The 10 week mark will be on Monday so I will write them again if I have not heard anything by then. Its very frustrating as last week they said my file was under final review and they hope to provide me with a decision very soon and now they are saying it has not yet been reviewed by an officer.
bamzy007 said:
@ Canadastudentvisa, I think you should write them as my application took 10 weeks yesterday wrote them a day before the 10th week and they requested for my passport next day. Submitted October 1st. All the best

Guys please which email address did you write to when sending a mail to cic about update regarding the application? kindly help me as i want to send them a mail for an update on our applications too....this is 8th week for us

canadastudentvisa

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2013
The email address I wrote to is LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca.

Nas man

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I emailed the CIC yesterday and i got the same reply as you saying

"Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for your e-mail, in response to your enquiry your applications are currently in process and awaiting officer review.

Kind regards, "

Only God knows when we would get the long awaited reply, we can only hope and pray for the best.........I will keep you updated and canadastudentvisa do keep us updated with the reply next week.

bamzy007

Dec 10, 2013
Hi, Submitted passport tuesday, does anyone know how long it takes for them to return passport fom London Office they didn't say if a decision has been made or not, someone please advise me.

Thanks

WaqasTariq

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
bamzy007 said:
Hi, Submitted passport tuesday, does anyone know how long it takes for them to return passport fom London Office they didn't say if a decision has been made or not, someone please advise me.

Thanks
i got a leeter saying that a decision has been mada so plz submit ur passport. ...sth like that and i submited on same day

bamzy007

Dec 10, 2013
How long did you take to get your passport back and can they ask for passport without reasons to issue passport?

WaqasTariq

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
if u are asking me about my passport then it is still there in hands or custody of VO.
i submited on 2nd dec. they received on 3rd dec. still no reply. although i got a letter saying that " a decision has been made on your application for study permit. please submit your orignal passport to finalize the process".
this was a good news to here, but after submission still no response from them. all i can do is track my aplication. i'm from pakistan and i guess most of members here on this page are also from england. maybe time frame or process for u ppl is somewhat difrent

bamzy007

Dec 10, 2013
What week are you on? They say they use one week to return passport but depends on the processing week you are too. I am on the 11th week. The waiting time is frustrating and discouraging. I don't know if a decision is made or not.