+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on my PR, can I have my Nexus interview while in Canada?

dwmartin

Sep 27, 2018
Hello all,

This is my first post here, so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. I'm an American citizen married to a Canadian. We just mailed in our inland application for Spousal Sponsorship and an Open Work Permit. I applied for a NEXUS card before I came to Canada, and I was conditionally approved. My question is, can I schedule the interview at the NEXUS enrolment centre in Vancouver even though I'm an American citizen?

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Hello all,

This is my first post here, so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. I'm an American citizen married to a Canadian. We just mailed in our inland application for Spousal Sponsorship and an Open Work Permit. I applied for a NEXUS card before I came to Canada, and I was conditionally approved. My question is, can I schedule the interview at the NEXUS enrolment centre in Vancouver even though I'm an American citizen?
Yes. I did this. No problem. You can schedule the interview with any NEXUS office on either side of the border from their web site.

Once you have scheduled an interview, you can also log back in every day or so to get a much sooner appointment from someone else who has cancelled. They re-post cancelled appointment times. (gets the interview sooner and then the card sooner, too).

Last edited:

dwmartin

Sep 27, 2018
Awesome! Thanks!
Yes. I did this. No problem. You can schedule the interview with any NEXUS office on either side of the border from their web site.

Once you have scheduled an interview, you can also log back in every day or so to get a much sooner appointment from someone else who has cancelled. They re-post cancelled appointment times. (gets the interview sooner and then the card sooner, too).