+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting on LMO/LMIA...share your timelines here and get through the wait

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fastfood said:
I applied for Food counter LMIA on 8 September for Manitoba. No updates yet :(
I'm in Manitoba as well. But I think my application was sent to the office that processes LMIA for FSW and not the BC office that handles TFW.

peresada

Oct 21, 2014
Hi There!
Was wandering if anybody saw or know somebody who actually have got LMIA? (im not talking about LMO)
Im waiting myself( not too long , 1 month maybe, ablerta high wage), but in the meantime was doing research in internet and did not find anybody.
Please correct me if im wrong.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
peresada said:
Hi There!
Was wandering if anybody saw or know somebody who actually have got LMIA? (im not talking about LMO)
Im waiting myself( not too long , 1 month maybe, ablerta high wage), but in the meantime was doing research in internet and did not find anybody.
Please correct me if im wrong.
I have seen 2-3 Alberta lmia approved.

I should probably mention that i am too in alberta. NOC 0631

Awaiting approval,

Week 6 now if i recall.

Payment was taken almost 2 weeks ago and file number was also given.

1 restaurant manager
1 cook
Cannot remember the 3rd

Neither took longer than 8 weeks

peresada

Oct 21, 2014
Hi There!
Thanks for respond. It a good news.
At lest there is somebody who got it.
So, there is nothing else than waiting :)
Good luck everybody!

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Any successful cases from Ontario???

ScottoCanada

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey I am in MB, and still heard nothing after 13 weeks despite the fact that I am in the high wage bracket and it was meant to be processed within 10 days, I will keep you updated when I finally hear something...

helpless_guy

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd September
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED
Hi All. I'm an IT engineer with 7+ years of experience in IT. I had been offered a job as an IT consultant with wages 33$/hr in Montreal, Quebec and the employer has filed for the LMO on September 23th 2014 under NOC code 2171. For LMIA application in Quebec, the approval must be given from Quebec government as well as Federal government. I am already in Montreal and working for another employer with one more year for my work permit to lapse. I had hired an attorney who informed me that the processing time should be less than a month but even after a month there doesn't seem to be a sigh of relief. Each day appears difficult to pass by and not sure how much time it is going to take. With the changes in the LMIA regulations (hike in LMO fees and increased forms) the processing times were expected to become lower but this doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone who has received their LMO applications in Quebec?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScottoCanada said:
Hey I am in MB, and still heard nothing after 13 weeks despite the fact that I am in the high wage bracket and it was meant to be processed within 10 days, I will keep you updated when I finally hear something...
Hey Mate. Yes, please keep on updating here. I have also applied in Manitoba but under low wage. Haven't heard yet anything. completed 10 weeks

Kate8kate0

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hello all. Husband trucking employer said he has received the schedule to apply for lmia , this was October 1st and he hopes to receive LMIA by end of October. He has put his name on it, but I have rung service canada to be told that only the employer can check its progress. Can anybody kindly give me some information to try and check the progress?

Thanking you

ScottoCanada

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No good news here...they apparently have been flooded with applications and the LMIA's guidelines are much more stringent and perhaps they do not the workforce to get through the volume of applications. Apparently my application does not have an officer assigned to it yet...13 weeks!

Anyway...this is a farce...hopefully I will know by December, because I will need to apply for another WHV for an additional year if this does not come through

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScottoCanada said:
No good news here...they apparently have been flooded with applications and the LMIA's guidelines are much more stringent and perhaps they do not the workforce to get through the volume of applications. Apparently my application does not have an officer assigned to it yet...13 weeks!

Anyway...this is a farce...hopefully I will know by December, because I will need to apply for another WHV for an additional year if this does not come through
Hey Mate I know you have applied for High wage position and the processing time is suppose to be 10 working days. But the 10 day processing applies only if employer has applied a successful LMO within last two years. I recon you check with your employer if your employer has applied lmo in last two years otherwise your application will process according to normal timings.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
ScottoCanada said:

They received my application on september 12th and i was given a file number and payment taken around the same time.

I've been assigned an officer on my case.

So i'm on 6 weeks now.

I honestly think it matters what province you are in.

Alberta seems to be quick

Ontario takes forever.

I guess the sheer size difference between calgary and toronto though is ALOT.

More applications, more people, takes longer. who knows.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Week six of waiting here. Has anyone received any news? I expect that I will here something by week since it took 8 weeks last time to get the rejection for not meeting advertising requirements.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
fastfood said:
Hey Mate I know you have applied for High wage position and the processing time is suppose to be 10 working days. But the 10 day processing applies only if employer has applied a successful LMO within last two years. I recon you check with your employer if your employer has applied lmo in last two years otherwise your application will process according to normal timings.
I am eligible for the 10 day processing and my employer has applied for LMOs in the last two year (have had approved LMIAs since the changes). It's been 2 months since the application and about 1 month since we got a file number.