Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Applied on Aug 8th under NOC 5241( 3D Animator) from Ontario, with above the median wage. Currently on implied status. Even the payment has not been requested by Service Canada yet.

This is what esdc mentioned, so advertising was not required.

Digital Media Occupations
Description: The position is for one of the following occupations:

Software Engineers and Designers (NOC 2173)
Graphic Designers and Illustrators (NOC 5241)
The advertising variation is limited to Digital Entertainment Software Engineer (NOC 2173) and Digital Artist (NOC 5241) positions within the video gaming and digital animation/visual effects industries. These positions require highly-specialized skills and/or unique artistic talents in order to successfully complete projects.

Variation: No advertising or recruitment is required.

Applicability: British Columbia and Ontario

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the new changes in place some employers are adamant in issuing LMO/LMIA due to high fees involved...Couple by slow canadian system of processing applications this can make you sick...Idealy,LMO/LMIA aplications should not even take more than 2 weeks to process..Being in thi country without work is crazy

I guess we all have to wait......QSTN...if you get a positive LMO and then land the job,can you apply for PR,after how long??

Thanks

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
If you get a positive LMIA , then you can apply for a PR once you have 12 months of work experience. You can apply for PR under the CEC category.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
prashanthbv said:
If you get a positive LMIA , then you can apply for a PR once you have 12 months of work experience. You can apply for PR under the CEC category.
All correct, as long as your occupation is eligible through CEC. However, this program will stop next year, when Express Entry comes into effect. Will have to wait for more details on that one. It's always worth it to have a look at your provincial nominee programs, since they might also allow you to apply for PR if eligible, after a certain time.

nursehess

Jan 28, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
Its been almost four weeks since my employer applied for my LMO and the wait is bothersome. I have to do whatever I can to distract myself during this process. Let's share our stories here.

Applied June 16, 2014 so far no word
This is my timeline for application:

SURREY, BC

11.06.2013 - LMO and Contract
02.04.2014 - Application at VFS
03.24.2014 - Req't for ST, Med, add'l docs
05.05.2014 - Medical done
05.07.2014 - ST done
06.24.2014 - VISA!
07.17.2014 - COA done
07.26.2014 - POLO received via FedEx
08.05.2014 - PDOS/OWWA
08.08.2014 - DOLE evaluation
08.19.2014 - DOLE released/OEC received
09.09.2014 - Flight to YVR

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
Hey guys!

Has anyone received any feedback on outstanding LMO/LMIA applications? Any approvals, rejections or requests for additional documents? Any follow up with Service Canada by your employer? My 10th week closes out on Friday the 22nd and I'm just about at my limit I think.

How are you guys doing?
Hey @ButterlyChemist have you had any news yet? I am still waiting too. Very frustrating.

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
hey guys hope so u can give some your views on this one...i applied for my work permit on 16th sept...right now i m on implied status..my wp will expire on this Oct.11..and i applied my work permit through my unnamed positive lmo...nd we also made an application for my name addition on 15th sept..but i m bit confuse like after 55 days...if the result is negative then do i have only one month for restoration or the restoration will start from the day you receive your negative result from cic..and have heard anything about name addition application??..how long does it take to b on name??..

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
@dh5689 : The 90 days restoration period starts from the date you get your workpermit decision from CIC. So , in case it gets rejected like say November 1. The 90 days start from that date. And about the name addition, sorry i do not have an idea

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
So my LMIA application goes in after the LMO application was rejected for not meeting advertising requirements.

NOC 2112
Province: Manitoba

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
So my LMIA application goes in after the LMO application was rejected for not meeting advertising requirements.

NOC 2112
Province: Manitoba

I've seen a few where it has been declined due to advertising requirements, did they give you any details as to why?

Sep 25, 2014
Hai
My employer applied for LMIA in first week of August 2014 to support my PR from outside Canada in a skilled worker catogary As a bookkeeper nod 1231 and offered me 21.75 $ per hour . Can I be eligible for PR
And how much more time I have to wait for my positive LMIA

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
SRS - WEC said:
DId Service Canada refuse your application over the phone while your employer having and interview?
I have no idea. I believe it was in writing. I didn't press my employer for details after they told me it was rejected and they appealed but SC would not change the decision.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
We applied for a LMIA application on September 24 after our first application for LMO was denied for not meeting the advertising requirements. Today we were told by Service Canada that our application is already in the system and has been assigned to an agent. We will see how it goes from here on in. Any updates from the rest of you guys who are waiting?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
We applied for a LMIA application on September 24 after our first application for LMO was denied for not meeting the advertising requirements. Today we were told by Service Canada that our application is already in the system and has been assigned to an agent. We will see how it goes from here on in. Any updates from the rest of you guys who are waiting?
I applied for Food counter LMIA on 8 September for Manitoba. No updates yet :(