+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for visa response after receiving biometrics validity letter

Prachi0106

May 6, 2020
Hey, I am from Kenya applying for Study Permit. I got my biometrics validity letter on April 15th but I have not received visa response. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: Demaktjun3792

TallyB

May 6, 2020
I guess you have to be asked to bring your international passport before you can get a visa response.

Demaktjun3792

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Hi
Am from Kenya too, I believe your application is being processed at cpc Ottawa that's if you notified them thru their covid-19 essential program for expediting applications otherwise you shouldn't be worried as all trvs proccesing are currently paused till 19th May.

Oct 13, 2018
Hi
Am from Kenya too, I believe your application is being processed at cpc Ottawa that's if you notified them thru their covid-19 essential program for expediting applications otherwise you shouldn't be worried as all trvs proccesing are currently paused till 19th May.
Hey, where did you get the information about trvs proccesing are currently paused till 19th May.??? thanks!

I'm asking cause I applied for a new TRV inside Canada back at the beginning of March, (my worker visa expired, I got a new work permit, i needed to renew the trv as well), and I haven't received and answer yet, I wonder if this also affect my application even when I'm inside of Canada

Last edited:

Demaktjun3792

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Yes it does affect your application whether you submitted it before or after the pause which was initially from 9th April to 29th but currently extended to 19th may. The information is on the official irrcc and it's staff program guidelines for covid 19 and if you don't send them cse about your app with enough reasons to satisfy the VO that you qualify for an expedited processing them you will have to wait until they get back to normal processing

Reactions: argentinian_op
Oct 13, 2018
Yes it does affect your application whether you submitted it before or after the pause which was initially from 9th April to 29th but currently extended to 19th may. The information is on the official irrcc and it's staff program guidelines for covid 19 and if you don't send them cse about your app with enough reasons to satisfy the VO that you qualify for an expedited processing them you will have to wait until they get back to normal processing
Thank you!

KunalArora

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
I am in canada and want to extend my study permit for a program starting September and my study permit expires on 31st July. I do not have any biometrics done before. What should i do?

Kannan91

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hey, I am from Kenya applying for Study Permit. I got my biometrics validity letter on April 15th but I have not received visa response. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Received biometric validity letter on April 8 and waiting. Applied for study permit from Singapore on 13th Feb. We may expect the decision after May 19.

garoro001

Jan 21, 2020
Hi when did you apply for yours?Had you submitted the medicals too?I only got a feedback that I passed my medicals sometimes back in March and have not received any feedback since then.

Prachi0106

May 6, 2020
Hi
Ooh thank you so much