09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
May I know how long was the ceremony?

I also received an oath ceremony invitation around 5PM+ yesterday.

But in the tracker it's still showing citizenship ceremony not started.
Wow!

Once again... your application was super fast. Congrats!

Hope it all goes well for the ceremony!

riaty123

Apr 13, 2022
Hello everyone has anyone been ask to scanned their id to ircc after the citizenship test? please which email did you use? the one they asked to send to has been telling me delivery failure that the email address doesn't exist.

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Hello everyone has anyone been ask to scanned their id to ircc after the citizenship test? please which email did you use? the one they asked to send to has been telling me delivery failure that the email address doesn't exist.
When I was asked to submit passport pages (over 6 months ago), the instructions said to "reply to the email" that had contacted me.

It was CIC-Surrey@cic.gc.ca

I do not know if they still use the same account, and it could be different for various applicants.

I suggest you also submit the files through the webform just in case.

Are you absolutely sure it is Surrey office?

Best of luck

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Hello Surrey team,

I tried to email them again today, now the automatic reply says they won't reply if the application was sent less than 2 years ago.
So I guess I can only wait for the next 2 months.

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Hello Surrey team,

I tried to email them again today, now the automatic reply says they won't reply if the application was sent less than 2 years ago.
So I guess I can only wait for the next 2 months.
Which email? The one for the ceremony?

Cause i've always seen that part about not replying unless the application was over 2 years old with the other "general" email (CIC-Surrey@cic.gc.ca )

Having said that, they did not reply anyway to any email i sent between september 2021 and march 2022 even when my application was over 2 years old... so, don't get your hopes up... they suck anyway... =(

This is the automatic reply i got in september (when i submitted detailed passport copies).

*** Please note that this is an automated message. ***​

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Due to the high volume of emails we receive, we will NOT be replying to your emails if your inquiries fall into the following categories:

***If your email does not include your application number,*** you must include your application number in the subject line or body of your email.

ONLINE CITIZENSHIP TEST

· If you are having technical problems accessing your online knowledge test, please contact IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca for assistance.

· If requesting to be rescheduled, we will only respond to you when we approve your request to be rescheduled.

SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS

· If you are providing requested documents, we will not provide you with a confirmation of receipt. We will contact you only if we require additional information.

APPLICATION STATUS AND ALL OTHER INQURIES

· If you are inquiring about the status of your file, please note we will only provide status updates to clients who applied more than 2 years ago.

· If you see on the Citizenship Application Status Tracker that you have been scheduled for a citizenship event, but you have not received an invitation yet, please wait for an invitation to be sent to you by email.

HOW TO SUBMIT AN INQUIRY

Any general or specific application inquiries should be submitted via the IRCC Web form. Alternatively, you can contact our Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html.

As a precautionary measure in line with prevention efforts to stem the spread of COVID-19, and out of consideration for the health and safety of our clients and employees, there are currently no in-person citizenship events taking place. Once your file is ready for the next step in the citizenship application process, you will receive an email notification. Please ensure to monitor your inbox, including the spam/junk folder, for future correspondence from IRCC.

Thank you for your understanding.

Surrey Citizenship Office

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Which email? The one for the ceremony?

Cause i've always seen that part about not replying unless the application was over 2 years old with the other "general" email (CIC-Surrey@cic.gc.ca )

Having said that, they did not reply anyway to any email i sent between september 2021 and march 2022 even when my application was over 2 years old... so, don't get your hopes up... they suck anyway... =(

This is the automatic reply i got in september (when i submitted detailed passport copies).

*** Please note that this is an automated message. ***​

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Due to the high volume of emails we receive, we will NOT be replying to your emails if your inquiries fall into the following categories:

***If your email does not include your application number,*** you must include your application number in the subject line or body of your email.

ONLINE CITIZENSHIP TEST

· If you are having technical problems accessing your online knowledge test, please contact IRCC.CitOnlineTest-TestenligneCit.IRCC@cic.gc.ca for assistance.

· If requesting to be rescheduled, we will only respond to you when we approve your request to be rescheduled.

SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS

· If you are providing requested documents, we will not provide you with a confirmation of receipt. We will contact you only if we require additional information.

APPLICATION STATUS AND ALL OTHER INQURIES

· If you are inquiring about the status of your file, please note we will only provide status updates to clients who applied more than 2 years ago.

· If you see on the Citizenship Application Status Tracker that you have been scheduled for a citizenship event, but you have not received an invitation yet, please wait for an invitation to be sent to you by email.

HOW TO SUBMIT AN INQUIRY

Any general or specific application inquiries should be submitted via the IRCC Web form. Alternatively, you can contact our Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html.

As a precautionary measure in line with prevention efforts to stem the spread of COVID-19, and out of consideration for the health and safety of our clients and employees, there are currently no in-person citizenship events taking place. Once your file is ready for the next step in the citizenship application process, you will receive an email notification. Please ensure to monitor your inbox, including the spam/junk folder, for future correspondence from IRCC.

Thank you for your understanding.

Surrey Citizenship Office
Yes, I tried that one + DNCITSRYCEREMONY
Also called the support this morning and the agent couldn't provide more info than what I can see on the tracker.

• Sad
Reactions: Macarad

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
well, i finally got a reply to a webform i sent a long time ago asking about the weird physical presence checks on my file. It comes one month after DM, so it is not particularly useful in any way or form since I know the issue was already ressolved.

it did however, make me laugh on two separate occasions (had to laugh cause otherwise I would cry...).

"We understand that this may be a difficult time for you and we are here to assist you......"
"Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, "

I wish I could insert gifs in this chat to show my reactions hehe

Hilarious ...

Last edited:

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Hang on @Macarad
No matter the response they could give us, nothing can explain why the processing time from an applicant to another is from 4 months to 4+ years.
How can I complain after 22 months when you are into your 31th month ?

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Recieved an Oath invitation for May 11 via email (spouse application) Tracker not updated only BG and citizenship test are completed .ECAS changed to DM last Monday

Last edited:

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Looks like your app moved after contacting your MP !
When was your wife's DM if I may ask ?
Looks like it DM on January 10,2022..
New Tracker are not updated

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
well, i finally got a reply to a webform i sent a long time ago asking about the weird physical presence checks on my file. It comes one month after DM, so it is not particularly useful in any way or form since I know the issue was already ressolved.

it did however, make me laugh on two separate occasions (had to laugh cause otherwise I would cry...).

"We understand that this may be a difficult time for you and we are here to assist you......"
"Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, "

I wish I could insert gifs in this chat to show my reactions hehe

Hilarious ...
Funny,

I received today the exact same response to my webform sent 6 weeks ago.

6 weeks to send a copy/paste email....

o_O

• Sad
Reactions: Macarad

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Funny,

I received today the exact same response to my webform sent 6 weeks ago.

6 weeks to send a copy/paste email....

o_O
I know...

Thank you for your support.

I was very patient at the beginning with the disruptions related to the pandemic, but when it is so blatant how some files get pushed back and others are flown through the system, it is extremely frustrating.

I have a potential research work trip to the US in June, so if i do not receive an invite in the next couple of weeks I might decide to try my luck and apply for urgent scheduling for the oath, since otherwise I cannot participate in the research event.

Hope you get news soon!