+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for the Oath - Surrey Office

CinBnx

Jan 30, 2022
It's been a frustrating long wait trust me.

Family of 3
Sent Docs - Nov 2020
AOR - Feb 5 2021
Background Complete - April 8 2021
Received date for test - July 30 2021
Wrote test and status update - August 18 2021
DM - Jan 4th 2022
Oath - Not started
UPDATE: Yesterday I remembered that they had emailed me in November 2021 asking me to mail to them copies of all our passport pages, so I decided to take a chance and reply to that email last night. This morning I got a reply and they said they will be scheduling us a date for the ceremony in due course, and the signature was from the Scarborough Office. Obviously not the response I wanted to hear, but at least now I know which office is handling our applications and I have direct contact with them, trust me, I will be emailing them every 2nd day until they get tired of me.

Reactions: akbardxb

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
UPDATE: Yesterday I remembered that they had emailed me in November 2021 asking me to mail to them copies of all our passport pages, so I decided to take a chance and reply to that email last night. This morning I got a reply and they said they will be scheduling us a date for the ceremony in due course, and the signature was from the Scarborough Office. Obviously not the response I wanted to hear, but at least now I know which office is handling our applications and I have direct contact with them, trust me, I will be emailing them every 2nd day until they get tired of me.
So from Surrey Office they sent your file to Scarborough? :O

CinBnx

Jan 30, 2022
UPDATE: I am so happy guys, received an email this morning with a date for the ceremony Feb 19th. Checked the tracker and Ceremony has been updated to "In Progress" with the date.
I suggest if you have an email from them that allows you to reply, send them emails everyday, that is what will make them start pushing things.

Reactions: Bains87

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
UPDATE: I am so happy guys, received an email this morning with a date for the ceremony Feb 19th. Checked the tracker and Ceremony has been updated to "In Progress" with the date.
I suggest if you have an email from them that allows you to reply, send them emails everyday, that is what will make them start pushing things.
Congratulations!!

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
is the Surrey Office slower than the others? I passed my citizenship test on Jan 21 - no DM or Oath letter yet. How long is the expected wait after test?

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
also, can you share what email you wrote that did the magic for you :) may be we all can benefit from your wisely chosen words :)

CinBnx

Jan 30, 2022
is the Surrey Office slower than the others? I passed my citizenship test on Jan 21 - no DM or Oath letter yet. How long is the expected wait after test?
I can't say, but the process is different for everyone. I wrote my test Aug 18 2021 and only got status change to completed Jan 4th, 2022, almost 5mths later. I never got DM email, until I reached out to them Feb 1st.

CinBnx

Jan 30, 2022
also, can you share what email you wrote that did the magic for you :) may be we all can benefit from your wisely chosen words :)
Feb 1st - sent email and basically told them I wrote my test almost 5mths ago and still have not received any communication from them, I went on to tell them that my mum and i need to travel back home for a family emergency by March 1st and we need our passports before then, so can they please try and speed the process up.
Feb 2nd - Got a response confirming that DM was Jan 4th 2022 and that they will schedule a date for us in due course.
I then replied "In due course" was not a good enough response for me as i had already stated we need to travel in March, so can they arrange a date soon.
Feb 4th - got an email confirming ceremony date of Feb 19th.

Hope that helps.

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Feb 1st - sent email and basically told them I wrote my test almost 5mths ago and still have not received any communication from them, I went on to tell them that my mum and i need to travel back home for a family emergency by March 1st and we need our passports before then, so can they please try and speed the process up.
Feb 2nd - Got a response confirming that DM was Jan 4th 2022 and that they will schedule a date for us in due course.
I then replied "In due course" was not a good enough response for me as i had already stated we need to travel in March, so can they arrange a date soon.
Feb 4th - got an email confirming ceremony date of Feb 19th.

Hope that helps.
Hi CinBnx, may I ask you which email you used ?

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
I did my test October 7th, 2021, and still no news, and no DM for my case.

CinBnx

Jan 30, 2022
I did my test October 7th, 2021, and still no news, and no DM for my case.
If you have any email from them that you can reply to, I suggest you try reply to it. I had an email from them in Nov 2021 asking for copies of all the pages in our old passports, so I took a chance and responded to that one until they replied back.

Reactions: mrbreizh

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
If you have any email from them that you can reply to, I suggest you try reply to it. I had an email from them in Nov 2021 asking for copies of all the pages in our old passports, so I took a chance and responded to that one until they replied back.
Yes, I did, but unfortunately no response ...