+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for the Oath - Surrey Office

CinBnx

Jan 30, 2022
I wrote my test August 18, 2021 and status for test updated same day. However Physical presence, Prohibitions and Language only updated to completed on Jan 4th, 2022, and Oath still shows not started. The wait it so frustrating, does anyone have the number to call as I need to travel by March?

Reactions: mrbreizh

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
I wrote my test August 18, 2021 and status for test updated same day. However Physical presence, Prohibitions and Language only updated to completed on Jan 4th, 2022, and Oath still shows not started. The wait it so frustrating, does anyone have the number to call as I need to travel by March?
4.5 month from test to DM ?
I might have my DM in February then.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Very interesting !! How to apply ?
They are just starting to think about this, not sure when, I would hope I get the old style oath scheduled, because I don't want to be a guinea pig for their new system, also this approach would just move the bottleneck to the next step, issuing oath certificate

CinBnx

Jan 30, 2022
4.5 month from test to DM ?
I might have my DM in February then.
It's been a frustrating long wait trust me.

Family of 3
Sent Docs - Nov 2020
AOR - Feb 5 2021
Background Complete - April 8 2021
Received date for test - July 30 2021
Wrote test and status update - August 18 2021
DM - Jan 4th 2022
Oath - Not started

mrmrtn

Nov 3, 2020
Hey, if it helps, I passed my test late Jan 2022. I'm in for a longer wait than you guys, and I just started :"DD

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
My Background check is expiring in 15 days ... what are the chances to see DM before that ? o_O
I was in the same boat last September when i was hoping that i will get DM before my fingerprints expired, but there was no updates and after 2 months in November they came out of their hibernation and sent me a new fingerprint request, one good thing with second request is that generally once they are received all the things turn to completed within few weeks.

• Wow
Reactions: mrbreizh

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
I was in the same boat last September when i was hoping that i will get DM before my fingerprints expired, but there was no updates and after 2 months in November they came out of their hibernation and sent me a new fingerprint request, one good thing with second request is that generally once they are received all the things turn to completed within few weeks.
Thanks for letting me know.
Nothing to expect this month then...
They didn't ask for fingerprints on the first BG check though.
I really hope to be citizen in 2022. We will see if it happens.