+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Study permit

Tiger99

Jun 20, 2019
Friends I don't know if anybody is still viewing this thread after so long, but I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out.

I have a doubt along the same lines of that of Brian Prince. My name is Mathew and I am an Indian residing in UAE applying for a study permit for Sep'19 batch. I have applied along with work permit for my wife and visitor visas for my 2 kids.

My application date (online): 24th Mar
Biometrics done: 27th Mar
Medical: Done upfront

Currently the status as on date 17th Apr on my profile is as below:
Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This status has been constant since 24th Mar. Its been 24 days now and it seems the eligibility review has still not started!!!! However, the background check is showing as being processed.

Does it really take this long to review eligibility? Everywhere I am reading that this status changes to 'reviewing eligibility' in a few days. I am really getting anxious here and hope someone would be kind enough to shed some light in this matter.
Many thanks.
Hi did you get any update yet.
Friends I don't know if anybody is still viewing this thread after so long, but I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out.

I have a doubt along the same lines of that of Brian Prince. My name is Mathew and I am an Indian residing in UAE applying for a study permit for Sep'19 batch. I have applied along with work permit for my wife and visitor visas for my 2 kids.

Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This status has been constant since 24th Mar. Its been 24 days now and it seems the eligibility review has still not started!!!! However, the background check is showing as being processed.

Does it really take this long to review eligibility? Everywhere I am reading that this status changes to 'reviewing eligibility' in a few days. I am really getting anxious here and hope someone would be kind enough to shed some light in this matter.
Many thanks.

Many thanks.
I'm in the same boat. Did you get any update? I too applied with wife and kids and it's been 14 weeks now. Got biometric correspondence letter on July 17. No update after that. What about you?

Kwality33

Aug 22, 2019
Hi . I have applied study permits on 2nd of June for sept session . August 07th passed the Medical Exam . Now appears “ we are reviewing whether you met the Eligibility Requirements " and " We are processing your background check we will send you a message if need more information " . And " Your application is in progress . We will send you a message if need more information " - I'm indeed confused and worried since my course will commence on 2nd September . I already sent mail and got automated reply that they they acknowledge my mail. Will anyone suggests me about my above case.

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi . I have applied study permits on 2nd of June for sept session . August 07th passed the Medical Exam . Now appears “ we are reviewing whether you met the Eligibility Requirements " and " We are processing your background check we will send you a message if need more information " . And " Your application is in progress . We will send you a message if need more information " - I'm indeed confused and worried since my course will commence on 2nd September . I already sent mail and got automated reply that they they acknowledge my mail. Will anyone suggests me about my above case.
Did you get a medical request or you did upfront medical?