Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Applied on Jan 23rd
Online application
Country of residence: USA

Biometrics request: Jan 23
Biometrics completed: Jan 24

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the requirements
Review of medical results : You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents : We do not need additional documents.
Interview :You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics :We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision :Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Medical no need from USA.

In application it shows
Biometrics number :
Date of Biometrics enrollment :- Jan 24 2019
Biometrics expiry date : Jan 24 2029

How many days to take passport request?

shoshi

Feb 28, 2019
mine is in process too since 02 december idk what the cic employers do all day to take this long

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello,
My name is Brian and I applied for my student visa from Lagos Nigeria in late may 2018 and received a letter to submit my biometrics,i submitted my biometrics and did my medicals in Lagos, Nigeria on the 27th of June 2018.
Since then I haven't gotten a reply and I linked my online account to the government of canada(gc key),there I checked the status of my application and it states that I have passed the medicals, my background check is being processed and all others are either being processed or not needed at all.
I am really worried because my 1st and 2nd start date (september 2018 and january 2019) have passed leaving me with only one option may 2019 which is fast approaching, I have written thrice by email to them and what I get is an automatically generated email response and on the 2nd occasion I got a real email informing me that they are still processing my email and that the processing times it takes are just an average and not fixed and I should inform them if I no longer want a student visa
With my application I also deposited proof of funds payed to the school which amount to 70% of my 1st year tuition fees(9726$)
Lastly, a friend of mine whom we both got admission into the same university (university of Manitoba) applied for his student visa from Lagos Nigeria by mid September 2018 and got his visa approved on the 9th of January 2019
Pls any advice for me would be welcome thank you very much

Venkates

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hello,
My name is Brian and I applied for my student visa from Lagos Nigeria in late may 2018 and received a letter to submit my biometrics,i submitted my biometrics and did my medicals in Lagos, Nigeria on the 27th of June 2018.
Since then I haven't gotten a reply and I linked my online account to the government of canada(gc key),there I checked the status of my application and it states that I have passed the medicals, my background check is being processed and all others are either being processed or not needed at all.
I am really worried because my 1st and 2nd start date (september 2018 and january 2019) have passed leaving me with only one option may 2019 which is fast approaching, I have written thrice by email to them and what I get is an automatically generated email response and on the 2nd occasion I got a real email informing me that they are still processing my email and that the processing times it takes are just an average and not fixed and I should inform them if I no longer want a student visa
With my application I also deposited proof of funds payed to the school which amount to 70% of my 1st year tuition fees(9726$)
Lastly, a friend of mine whom we both got admission into the same university (university of Manitoba) applied for his student visa from Lagos Nigeria by mid September 2018 and got his visa approved on the 9th of January 2019
Pls any advice for me would be welcome thank you very much
Ok,
What is the status of review of eligibility?

Venkates

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
What's the status of all the other application steps in your application
Applied on Jan 23rd
Online application
Country of residence: USA

Biometrics request: Jan 23
Biometrics completed: Jan 24

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the requirements
Review of medical results : You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents : We do not need additional documents.
Interview :You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics :We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision :Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Medical no need from USA.

In application it shows
Biometrics number :
Date of Biometrics enrollment :- Jan 24 2019
Biometrics expiry date : Jan 24 2029

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
OK thanks was there ever a period of time when the status of your review of eligibility was Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility

MaxMathew

Mar 29, 2018
Friends I don't know if anybody is still viewing this thread after so long, but I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out.

I have a doubt along the same lines of that of Brian Prince. My name is Mathew and I am an Indian residing in UAE applying for a study permit for Sep'19 batch. I have applied along with work permit for my wife and visitor visas for my 2 kids.

My application date (online): 24th Mar
Biometrics done: 27th Mar
Medical: Done upfront

Currently the status as on date 17th Apr on my profile is as below:
Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This status has been constant since 24th Mar. Its been 24 days now and it seems the eligibility review has still not started!!!! However, the background check is showing as being processed.

Does it really take this long to review eligibility? Everywhere I am reading that this status changes to 'reviewing eligibility' in a few days. I am really getting anxious here and hope someone would be kind enough to shed some light in this matter.
Many thanks.

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Friends I don't know if anybody is still viewing this thread after so long, but I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out.

I have a doubt along the same lines of that of Brian Prince. My name is Mathew and I am an Indian residing in UAE applying for a study permit for Sep'19 batch. I have applied along with work permit for my wife and visitor visas for my 2 kids.

Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This status has been constant since 24th Mar. Its been 24 days now and it seems the eligibility review has still not started!!!! However, the background check is showing as being processed.

Does it really take this long to review eligibility? Everywhere I am reading that this status changes to 'reviewing eligibility' in a few days. I am really getting anxious here and hope someone would be kind enough to shed some light in this matter.
Many thanks.
It still hasn't changed for me and mine has been almost 10 months

svelkumar

May 2, 2018

Many thanks.
Ping me @ +971566910682

Sam7

Apr 2, 2019
Hey GUYS , Can anyone please help me out in this matter...
I am waiting for my final decision on study permit as I had applied online on 27th February 2019 from Nepal...The review of eligibility started on April 15 and till today I have not received the final decision yet..The account on cic on Review of Eligibility says: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements......I am going for PhD along with my wife who has been granted visiting visa by 24 th April. But I HAVE NOT GOT ANY UPDATE after getting my Correspondence letter on 15th April..My application time is already more than they stated at the time I had applied i.e. 9 weeks...I have also filled the web form for for the inquiry but they haven't replied me till now...What might be the reason behind not giving the final decision for me (Primary applicant ) whereas already given approval for the application and visa granted to the secondary applicant (my wife) without my final decision...Please any one who can tell me why is this so ??
Thank you