+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

fmconsiglio

Jan 15, 2019
Landed on May 24th. Now waiting for the PR card.
Tried to link my application but I couldn't. Will try again tomorrow or later on the week..

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Landed on May 24th. Now waiting for the PR card.
Tried to link my application but I couldn't. Will try again tomorrow or later on the week..
I landed on 8th May and still couldn't link it, so I called CIC about this matter but the agent said that initial pr card are not able to link:(, which I doubt it as I see lots of people linking it

As of today I haven't received the card yet, and the agent has left notes to the processing officer and mentioned they are not requesting new photos

Hopefully you have a smooth processing for the initial card

Reactions: fmconsiglio

AK11503

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I landed on 8th May and still couldn't link it, so I called CIC about this matter but the agent said that initial pr card are not able to link:(, which I doubt it as I see lots of people linking it

As of today I haven't received the card yet, and the agent has left notes to the processing officer and mentioned they are not requesting new photos

Hopefully you have a smooth processing for the initial card
Hello, how you link PR card. my case was done by an consultant so i do not have password etc. Also can you please suggest IRCC contact details to know status of PR Card. i have done landing on 22nd April 2019.

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Hello, how you link PR card. my case was done by an consultant so i do not have password etc. Also can you please suggest IRCC contact details to know status of PR Card. i have done landing on 22nd April 2019.
I couldn't link it but got the card yesterday, here is the CIC number 1-888-242-2100

Joakimix

Apr 29, 2019
Jun 15 - Landed at Etobicoke IRCC
Jun 18 or 19 - "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to 6 weeks to arrive."

Very quick so far, fingers crossed.

k.sha.

Feb 20, 2019
Jun 15 - Landed at Etobicoke IRCC
Jun 18 or 19 - "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to 6 weeks to arrive."

Very quick so far, fingers crossed.

Hi @Joakimix

Congratulations on becoming a PR.

I see you did your landing interview at the IRCC Etobicoke office on June 15th.

I just received an email myself from @cic.gc.ca asking me to visit this office for an interview. I am not sure whether this is a landing interview or not, it doesn't say the word "landing" anywhere. However, this is what it mentions at the top of the letter; "We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview....."

Can you share what your interview letter said?

Also, can you please share your landing interview experience at this office? What should I expect? Any tips? What did you bring along with you? What questions did they ask? The step-by-step process, if you can?? I am a bit nervous so I am just asking for my ease.

Thanks.

Joakimix

Apr 29, 2019
Hi @Joakimix

Congratulations on becoming a PR.

I see you did your landing interview at the IRCC Etobicoke office on June 15th.

I just received an email myself from @cic.gc.ca asking me to visit this office for an interview. I am not sure whether this is a landing interview or not, it doesn't say the word "landing" anywhere. However, this is what it mentions at the top of the letter; "We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview....."

Can you share what your interview letter said?

Also, can you please share your landing interview experience at this office? What should I expect? Any tips? What did you bring along with you? What questions did they ask? The step-by-step process, if you can?? I am a bit nervous so I am just asking for my ease.

Thanks.
That is the landing interview! I don't have mine on me right now and I don't remember exactly what it said.

It's very simple. When you go inside you get a number, then you sit down and wait your turn. Your letter says exactly what to bring with you. However, they only looked at mine and my girlfriends passports and drivers licenses, nothing else.

They only asked these questions:
When was your first entry to Canada?
When was your most recent entry to Canada?
Have you been convicted of a crime?
Have you been ordered to leave/refused entry to Canada?
Do you have any dependents they dont know about?
Then they ask the sponsor if they still want to sponsor.

They are very nice. Nothing to worry about :)