+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card 2019.......timeline, landing etc

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys,
For the people who need to call IRCC about there queries I have an update here on the IRCC contact centre, I tried calling them today to enquire about withdrawing my WP application and after waiting on hold for about 45mins I was able to speak to an agent.
It is not really closed like how they are saying but if you press ‘0’ to speak to an agent after hearing your application status sometimes it will transfer you to an agent(sometimes it requires multiple tries) even though initially they say it is closed.
Also, I recommend to call them only if it is an emergency or if you cannot find answers online
Good Luck

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello Guys,

I did my landing on Feb 03, 2020 and then I returned back to India on Feb 06, 2020. On Feb 12, 2020 I received a email from IRCC requesting for new set of photos as the old ones did not meet the specifications. I couriered the photos to Sydney, NS card processing center on Feb 21, 2020 via DHL. After that I couldn't get any update regarding the delivery of the photos nor any acknowledgement from IRCC. It has been nearly 2.5 months since my landing and I am very worried about my PR card.

I have not received any update on my CIC account as well. I am also not able to link my PR card application to the account. When I emailed IRCC, they said the photo retake requests sent before Feb 06, 2020 are still being processed so they told they would get back to me in case of any requirements.

Could anyone let me know if this is normal and please guide me how to link my pr cad application to my account. Is it an issue since I left canada in a short span of time after my landing?. I would really appreciate your reply. Thank you.

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Guys,

I did my landing on Feb 03, 2020 and then I returned back to India on Feb 06, 2020. On Feb 12, 2020 I received a email from IRCC requesting for new set of photos as the old ones did not meet the specifications. I couriered the photos to Sydney, NS card processing center on Feb 21, 2020 via DHL. After that I couldn't get any update regarding the delivery of the photos nor any acknowledgement from IRCC. It has been nearly 2.5 months since my landing and I am very worried about my PR card.

I have not received any update on my CIC account as well. I am also not able to link my PR card application to the account. When I emailed IRCC, they said the photo retake requests sent before Feb 06, 2020 are still being processed so they told they would get back to me in case of any requirements.

Could anyone let me know if this is normal and please guide me how to link my pr cad application to my account. Is it an issue since I left canada in a short span of time after my landing?. I would really appreciate your reply. Thank you.
Why did u decide to leave Canada before getting your PR card?
IRCC doesn’t mail PR cards outside Canada so you should give them a Canadian address and also there should be someone there to pick up your card, now for you to return back to Canada you should apply for a travel document in India or you should make someone courier your PR card to your indian address.
Why are you not able to link your PR card application?
You just select UCI and family name option and enter those details below and make sure your family name is entered exactly same as how it shows in your passport(upper case, lower case, spaces and any dots or commas) if that doesn’t work then call them and find out your PR card application number and try to link it with application number instead of family name.
Also due to the COVID 19 situation Nova Scotia has imposed some restrictions to number of people gathering in a work place so Sydney PR card processing office might be short staffed now that is the reason everyones PR card processing is being delayed, if I were you I would call them and check if they have received photos or not, if they already received your photos then there is nothing we can do but to wait for them to finish the processing and mail your card.
Good Luck

Reactions: gokul0989

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
So far I have not heard from the CIC regarding my PR Card (first time) that I landed on March 3, 2020. It is a bit frustrating at this time of pandemic.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
@RockingRavi

Thank you very much for your reply. I have given them my friends address during my landing formalities. They are presently at the same address and checking the posts. I had to come back due to my marriage which was in late february. Can I call them from India?. Also, still in my CIC acconunt, the PR card application has not been updated.

Last edited:

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
@RockingRavi

Thank you very much for your reply. I have given them my friends address during my landing formalities. They are presently at the same address and checking the posts. I had to come back due to my marriage which was in late february. Can I call them from India?. Also, still in my CIC acconunt, the PR card application has not been updated.
Hey congrats on your marriage.
I have never tried calling IRCC from outside Canada but I found this number in one of these forums +1-613-944-4000, try calling that number, I hope this is helpful
Good Luck

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hey congrats on your marriage.
I have never tried calling IRCC from outside Canada but I found this number in one of these forums +1-613-944-4000, try calling that number, I hope this is helpful
Good Luck

Thank you so much bro. I will give a try to the above mentioned number. I will post the updates.

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Did anybody hear from the CIC regarding the issuance of the PR Card? Your responses will be highly appreciated!! Cheers!

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Did anybody hear from the CIC regarding the issuance of the PR Card? Your responses will be highly appreciated!! Cheers!
I haven’t heard any news directly from CIC regarding issuance of PR cards but I have seen people who landed in the last week of February and later are having delays in getting there PR cards due to the Covid 19 situation

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
I haven’t heard any news directly from CIC regarding issuance of PR cards but I have seen people who landed in the last week of February and later are having delays in getting there PR cards due to the Covid 19 situation
yeah, it seems still a grim situation, sadly!