+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card 2019.......timeline, landing etc

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
It was Ottawa. Do you see the status on your file saying that the card has been mailed? If it is so, then all Good. I do not think Canada Post is going to shut down.
I tried multiple times but could not link my application. I called IRCC and they said on March 12th it was forwarded for printing. I even have the application number but still could not link. So hopefully it is on its way by now. Thanks for replying back.

RockingRavi

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome thanks! So there is still a chance if mine is being printed in NS it may still be mailed out, instead of offices shutting down in Ontario. Don't want card to get lost in mail.
Considering the number of applications they get IRCC will not shut down their offices, I think they are still running with limited staff across Canada, even canada post cannot shutdown so you should be expecting your card by the end of this week.
Mine was sent out for printing on March 10th and it was mailed out to me on March 17th I received it on the 19th

Reactions: ankz001

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Considering the number of applications they get IRCC will not shut down their offices, I think they are still running with limited staff across Canada, even canada post cannot shutdown so you should be expecting your card by the end of this week.
Mine was sent out for printing on March 10th and it was mailed out to me on March 17th I received it on the 19th
Sounds good. Thank you.

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Hey

I landed on March 4, and it has been 3 weeks now but my status is still submitted without any update. What was your timeline afterwards? When did you receive your card eventually?

Tks
I too have same status. landed Mar 3 at 1000 islands land border.
anticipating even more delays under the circumstances

Reactions: baltzly

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
It is worrying that I and my wife together landed at the same time, place and applied at the same time and place. She has already got her PR card I have not so far? What might be the reasons? A

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
This has happened to other people on this forum.

My assumption is that they treated each PR card application separately, so landing together and belonging to the same family don't necessarily mean your PR card applications are tied with each other. Maybe you were yet to reach your place in the queue when disruptions began.
In the meantime, I got webform response that says that my address was checked later than my wife's? Since both of our address is the same one ,what does that mean that my address was being confirmed?

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hi friends.

I applied for travel document and chooses an option to pick up in person from Ottawa office but office is closed for public . Anyone else with issue like this ?

Ruby1974

Star Member
Aug 7, 2019
In the meantime, I got webform response that says that my address was checked later than my wife's? Since both of our address is the same one ,what does that mean that my address was being confirmed?
Have you receiver your card yet?

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Hi friends.

I applied for travel document and chooses an option to pick up in person from Ottawa office but office is closed for public . Anyone else with issue like this ?
Submit a webform. Seems that’s the only way to contact ircc at the moment