+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card 2019.......timeline, landing etc

maverick444

Nov 12, 2019
Hi, I tried to link my Husband's PR card Application with my GC Key Account but it didnt work.
So in my case I wasn't able to link mine to my account. The problem seems to be in the place of birth entry. So for example, if you are born in Mumbai, India, your COPR might list POB as MUMBAI, INDIA or MUMBAI, IND or MUMBAI INDIA or MUMBAI IND. In your passport it may be MUMBAI INDIA or another combo. So what I did was try all combinations and when they all failed, I just keyed in the place of birth alone i.e. just MUMBAI for example. I was able to find my application then and finally link it. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Last edited:

gcastrobh

Jul 31, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-09-2019
Guys, I'm in Ottawa.
Could you please advise the best border to do landing? Preferably one that we can go after business hours or weekends.
Thanks,

FazleS

Aug 20, 2019
Hello all, I landed on 20th December as well in Toronto with my family. It is 100% possible to link your new PR card application to your online account. It takes a few combinations to however get through linking those 'un-linkable' ones. I saw that my card was approved and dispatched on 6th Jan 2020 via myCIC account. On 9th Jan, 2020, I received PR cards for myself and my family. IRCC's timeline of 13 days for new PR cards on their website is believable because we got ours in 11 working days. I hope everyone gets their PR cards very soon. Good luck.
When you link it make sure you enter your place of birth exactly as it is on the CoPR. This is where many people make an error. Sometimes your city/town/district of birth is written and it may be abbreviated.

FazleS

Aug 20, 2019
How to check the card status? could you please suggest?
You can call cic and ask them to give you the application number for your card then sign in to your online application and click the 'link application' blue link. Then follow the prompts with all your details - it should allow you to link your card application with your account. You will then be able to see whether it is processing or complete.

maverick444

Nov 12, 2019
When you link it make sure you enter your place of birth exactly as it is on the CoPR. This is where many people make an error. Sometimes your city/town/district of birth is written and it may be abbreviated.
not always. My place of birth didn't exactly match COPR. Just putting it out there as many applicants are still unable to link pr card application to myCIC with COPR place of birth.