+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PPR after decision made - Need advise

kismet123

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
that's really weird - my DM was also done on Feb 24th and i just checked it now its still DM
when i called MP they said my file had to go through a final review - a QA by the immigration officer
Maybe thats why it changed?
they told me that my final review date was end of April... and i am assuming most peoples who have DM get PPR after 2 months.. (unless the lucky ones get it early)

Can you contact your local MP?
they can find out for you

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Forgive my ignorance here, but what does "MP" mean?

kismet123 said:
that's really weird - my DM was also done on Feb 24th and i just checked it now its still DM
when i called MP they said my file had to go through a final review - a QA by the immigration officer
they told me that my final review date was end of April... and i am assuming most peoples who have DM get PPR after 2 months.. (unless the lucky ones get it early)

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
nov1061 said:
"Decision Made"
Are you sure? That would be DM, not MP :mad:

jpm

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kismet123 said:

Mine shows DM from Feb 14.. And I got a lot email says it's under final review...and I went to mp's office...and they said theyll enquire and will reply in 2-3 days...hope it's same like u...anyways thanks for the info

DavisJun2013

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jun-2013
jpm said:
Mine shows DM from Feb 14.. And I got a lot email says it's under final review...and I went to mp's office...and they said theyll enquire and will reply in 2-3 days...hope it's same like u...anyways thanks for the info
Is your total processing times crossed 13 months? My overall processing time is not crossed 13 months but I am waiting for PPR from almost 2.5 months after medicals. I am also planning to contact local MP, is that fine?

DavisJun2013

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jun-2013
cec0413 said:
Hi Guys,

Finally i got my PPR email today, after 2 long months since my ecas changed to 'decision made'. Its been a huge relief :)

I had emailed them twice (1st after 1 month, 2nd 2 wks ego) & had even applied for notes. For 1st they replied asking to wait. No reply for the 2nd. I didn't receive the notes in 30 days. This is when i tried to contact my local MP's office. I got an appointment for today afternoon and went there. They checked all my details & email communications (i had taken printouts) and finally called cic to enquire. It appears that my file was in queue to print (that's what they said) for a while. So may be this last push (call from MPs office) made it come through!

Note: Local MP's office wont entertain queries unless its unusual wait times. They acknowledged my request as its been 2 months since 'decision made' & i had not heard anything about the decision.

Good luck to all
I am waiting from about 2.5 months after my medicals, mine is not DM yet, it's still in progress. is it fine to contact MP office? when you contacted MP office did your overall timeframe passed 13months?

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
DavisJun2013 said:
I am waiting from about 2.5 months after my medicals, mine is not DM yet, it's still in progress. is it fine to contact MP office? when you contacted MP office did your overall timeframe passed 13months?
Personally I feel contacting the MP office is NOT going to speed up your process (based on my experience), I would rather suggest you to hang tight and apply for GCMS notes to know what is going on.

DavisJun2013

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jun-2013
BigBee said:
Personally I feel contacting the MP office is NOT going to speed up your process (based on my experience), I would rather suggest you to hang tight and apply for GCMS notes to know what is going on.
Thanks BigBee,

I already got my GCMS notes on Apr 17 and it says everything is passed for me on Feb 26. For my Kids it's showing Medicals sent even though they were uploaded on Feb 22. I sent email to CIC and they said Medicals were received and in-progress. but this is in-progress from more than 2 months.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
DavisJun2013 said:
Thanks BigBee,

I already got my GCMS notes on Apr 17 and it says everything is passed for me on Feb 26. For my Kids it's showing Medicals sent even though they were uploaded on Feb 22. I sent email to CIC and they said Medicals were received and in-progress. but this is in-progress from more than 2 months.
What about your spouse? for me, my spouse security clearance took about 2 months since I paid RPRF which was the reason for delay, just stay positive and hold on, you should get your PPR soon.

Good luck...

DavisJun2013

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jun-2013
BigBee said:
What about your spouse? for me, my spouse security clearance took about 2 months since I paid RPRF which was the reason for delay, just stay positive and hold on, you should get your PPR soon.

Good luck...
They didn't give details about my spouse in my GCMS notes as per Privacy act, We applied for her later and still waiting for that notes. but I am assuming it's completed for my Spouse too, only pending thing is medical review for my kids. Not sure why it's taking so long..

jpm

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got reply from MP's office..my visa officer requested for a medical extension for me

swathi461

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014: APP. Received=22-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
waiting???
jpm said:
Got reply from MP's office..my visa officer requested for a medical extension for me
Hi
How to contact local Mp.Can you say me the procedure you followed?