+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport - Please add your case here

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Imam Gomaa said:
Any recommendation coz I am perplexed:
I will do landing on border from Regway, Sk. My question is that: what is the process; I mean where to go before going to the US borders? And If you do not have entry visa to US, there will be a problem or What?!
Thanks for your help!
nope don't worry, its a very easy process, once you will hit the border you will see a road to US border office, just pull your car in front of the window, when they instruct you to do so, keep your passport ready, handover your passport to the officer , he will ask few questions and then will instruct you, they will then ask you to go insider where an officer will hand over a letter that you need to carry back to Canada border office.
there it will take few minutes and every thing will be done

I

Imam Gomaa

Dear wasabi
Me myself I have US visa, but my family do not. I called the customs in Estevan, SK and he told me we do not do landing only for those coming from overseas by flight or from US.
Another friend told me not to go coz if the US side stamp your family's passports, it will a problem for them in the future.
Yet, Another friend who got his PR the last week and did landing thog Regway port of entry, told me lie what you said.
And what kind of documents I should have with me; passports, copr, and what else?
My concern is my family as for where to leave them when I go for the process?
Thanks

SAHARGH

Apr 15, 2015
07Toronto07 said:
Hi I have applied for my TRV online and was requested to send my passport, CPP-Ottawa has received my passport on 6th may 2015. If anyone has recently applied and have received their passports please post your timelines?

Thanks
did your tracking number get activated? I am still waiting

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
My passports received at ottawa on 6th May, return tracker is still inactive ???

SAHARGH

Apr 15, 2015
pvr said:
My passports received at ottawa on 6th May, return tracker is still inactive ???
hopefully you will get it next week. I sent mine First of May and got an update on my application yesterday.

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Imam Gomaa said:
Dear wasabi
Me myself I have US visa, but my family do not. I called the customs in Estevan, SK and he told me we do not do landing only for those coming from overseas by flight or from US.
Another friend told me not to go coz if the US side stamp your family's passports, it will a problem for them in the future.
Yet, Another friend who got his PR the last week and did landing thog Regway port of entry, told me lie what you said.
And what kind of documents I should have with me; passports, copr, and what else?
My concern is my family as for where to leave them when I go for the process?
Thanks
use this site to get the place
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/services/imm-eng.html

now check the site if that border do a land landing, if not then there is no point going there,

u can check at CIC number to get an appointment for landing in your city, u don't need to cross the border. for SK only following places have immigration service

NORTH PORTAL Saskatchewan
REGINA Saskatchewan
Regina International Airport Saskatchewan
SASKATOON COMMERCIAL Saskatchewan
Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport Saskatchewan

if you decided to cross the border, first check if that border crossing allowed land landing, if yes then u don't need US visa, as officers at the border post are aware of the process,

carry all your documents, if your are through CEC then carry all your work permits, if other category then carry what ever is mention on the doc.

the most important point to remember is that u need to prove that u have valid doc to stay in Canada while waiting for PR.

let me know if you need more info

I

Imam Gomaa

Again, thanks Wasabi.
Still, the confusing is that; my friend went to Regway Which is closer that North Portal and he did his landing. Yet, I called Canada Border Service and they told me that the only port of entry we make landing through is North portal as you mentioned and the told me that there is no need for US visa.
Do you have any idea if North Portal is usually crowded on Weekends or not?! Otherwise I will do on business days.
Thanks buddy!

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Imam Gomaa said:
Again, thanks Wasabi.
Still, the confusing is that; my friend went to Regway Which is closer that North Portal and he did his landing. Yet, I called Canada Border Service and they told me that the only port of entry we make landing through is North portal as you mentioned and the told me that there is no need for US visa.
Do you have any idea if North Portal is usually crowded on Weekends or not?! Otherwise I will do on business days.
Thanks buddy!
if you check the link i shared above you can see the wait time as well, currently its showing 10 mins, but immigration service is from 7 am to 10 pm, just go don't think about timing, even if you have to wait for 2-3 hrs thats worth it, its a life time experience, enjoy your time becoming PR from TR, live those moments, u already waited long time to reach here another few hrs ( which will not be the case i am just using an example) will not make any difference, things happens when they suppose to.. thats the rule...

so enjoy my friend... and all the best to you

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
hi,
anyone had their return tracker activated this week? please share. :(

07Toronto07

May 7, 2015
pvr said:
hi,
anyone had their return tracker activated this week? please share. :(
I got a message that my TRV is approved and application is closed on 13th may but my return mail is still not activated.

haisrinu777

Nov 11, 2013
haisrinu777 said:
Hi,

Is there any one having similar situation like me. Photos requested for my spouse only after sending passports for stamping. After Ottawa office receives photos how many days it might take for stamping ?
Hi, Is there any one where CIC requested for photos after sending passport. I sent my photos on May 6th but i didnt see my tracker got updated. If there is any one having the similar situation like me please send me the timelines.

I

Imam Gomaa

Again I need quick advice ASAP:
I made everything ready for our trip to North Portal in SK to do landing, which is 13 hours driving back and forth plus probably the process of landing, yet I received an email yesterday from CIC office in Saskatoon , which is an hour and half driving, telling me that my appointment is on May 27th and they asked us again for two fotos.
My questions:
1- Which one should I take; trip to north Portal or to take the interview?
2- About fotos; we already sent four photos when they asked us for passports. Should take again two with me in case I will take the interview in Saskatoon?
3- Regarding the interview; is there any concerns or complications when you take it?
4- Should I take all documents I submitted or just the immigration proofs; like work permit?
Please reply as soon as possible.

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Quick question: once the visa has been issued by Ottawa's Case Processing Centre, and the passports are about to be sent back to the person, did anybody had any changes to their application on ECAS? As in, did it change from DECISION MADE to anything else? Or the only way to track progress is really looking at the tracker to be activated, and then have the ECAS moving from DECISION MADE to COMPLETE once you landed?

Thanks in advance!

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
nettoyant said:
Quick question: once the visa has been issued by Ottawa's Case Processing Centre, and the passports are about to be sent back to the person, did anybody had any changes to their application on ECAS? As in, did it change from DECISION MADE to anything else? Or the only way to track progress is really looking at the tracker to be activated, and then have the ECAS moving from DECISION MADE to COMPLETE once you landed?

Thanks in advance!

It will remian decision made and once u land then only it will move to.. You landed on...at...

ratul2k14

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
11-02-15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-15
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Hello,
How do I create a pre-paid shipping label on Canada post website. The EST Online system is not working. Can anyone please suggest a workaround this. Thanks in advance.