+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport - Please add your case here

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
sureo9 said:
Hello Seniors ,,

The status in my Cic shows completed , but i cannot find the status for my PR card. where can you see the status for PR card e.g in process etc..

I landed on 31 jan 2015.
Hi,
I don't know why, but not everybody's ECAS shows the PR card status.

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
Getting the passport back with the copr and the copr having a mistake is such a waste of time. I mean now idk what to do with it and how long it's gonna further take to land because the agent said you have to fix it before landing and even the local office can't fix it for you.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Octanu said:
Getting the passport back with the copr and the copr having a mistake is such a waste of time. I mean now idk what to do with it and how long it's gonna further take to land because the agent said you have to fix it before landing and even the local office can't fix it for you.
Hi,
I am sorry to say that, but the agent doesn't know what he is talking about. Of course you can land and amend the dates later. You wouldn't be the first one. People either land at the point of entry and amend it later or they land in the local CIC office where the VO correct what is necessary and print out the new CoPR immediately.
Amendment process:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/amend.asp

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
nov1061 said:
Hi,
I am sorry to say that, but the agent doesn't know what he is talking about. Of course you can land and amend the dates later. You wouldn't be the first one. People either land at the point of entry and amend it later or they land in the local CIC office where the VO correct what is necessary and print out the new CoPR immediately.
Amendment process:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/amend.asp
I hope what you're saying is correct. Because honestly I would prefer to travel now, come back and instead of landing at the airport, land at the office and get the copr corrected.

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Octanu said:
Hello Octanu,

Only following mistakes:
Name, DOB, Passport # and Passport validity are the mistakes that need correction prior to doing landing.

Other mistakes in dates of entries before landing, can all be corrected also after landing.

Hope this helps!

alaintag

Mar 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am currently in Canada and got the "ready for visa" email yesterday on March 6th and they gave me a deadline to send my passport to Ottawawithin 30 days.

The problem is that i am travelling for work from march 14-20 and then april 12th...if i send it on march 21st, can i get it back before april 12th? Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passport back?

Im really worried about this because i can loose my tickets. You think it is OK to ask for an extension to send it after i get back? or will this affect my file?

Appreciate your help!

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alaintag said:
Hi Guys,

I am currently in Canada and got the "ready for visa" email yesterday on March 6th and they gave me a deadline to send my passport to Ottawawithin 30 days.

The problem is that i am travelling for work from march 14-20 and then april 12th...if i send it on march 21st, can i get it back before april 12th? Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passport back?

Im really worried about this because i can loose my tickets. You think it is OK to ask for an extension to send it after i get back? or will this affect my file?

Appreciate your help!
Hello Alaintag,

The whole exercise (process from sending and receiving the passport) depending upon multiple factors could span between 1 week to 4 weeks, few cases may be longer, though most cases hover around 3 weeks. I would assume 3 weeks for median planning and worst case as 5 weeks.

Affecting factors are how far are you from the visa stamping office, how soon you respond, how many passports, have passport been renewed during application processing, how loaded is CIC, how quick is Canada post on return, etc., etc. (did I not mention...luck?. Grin.). I must add that generally CIC are quick on visa stamping and commend them for this.

Sending passport on march 21st, and getting back before april 12th - this has a chance of approx. 70% success, so you would not like to risk it. As several other applicants have successfully done, provide CIC the travel plan and ask for more time for submitting passports (say after xx date), which CIC generally allows. Important thing is to request by email so you have a record of correspondence.

Hope this helps!

alaintag

Mar 7, 2015
Thanks alot rks! I already sent them the email telling them about my travel plans but did not attach any ticket or reservation. Hope they reply quick because usually they take some time to reply. Guess ill only have to wait to their reply..if they dont reply by march 21st then ill have to send it and pray it comes back soon enough.

I am located in Montreal which is pretty close to Ottawa, which is where i need to send it. Friends here who sent their passport last month said it took 6-9 days including weekends to get it back.

Thanks Again

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
rks0101 said:
Hello Octanu,

Only following mistakes:
Name, DOB, Passport # and Passport validity are the mistakes that need correction prior to doing landing.

Other mistakes in dates of entries before landing, can all be corrected also after landing.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for all the information :)

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
rks0101 said:
Hello Octanu,

Only following mistakes:

Hope this helps!
Thank you for all the information :)

R_R

Aug 3, 2014
I sent passport on February 21st and CIC received on February 24th.... Anyone know how long would it take CIC to send it back.
Anyone got their passport recently?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
R_R said:
I sent passport on February 21st and CIC received on February 24th.... Anyone know how long would it take CIC to send it back.
Anyone got their passport recently?
CIC received my passport on 19th Feb and I received it back from CIC on 4th March.