+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport - Please add your case here

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
Toronto2013 said:
I am planning to complete the landing at CIC office where they can correct these errors. You can do the same too after you come back from your travel.
But won't they ask me to land at the airport when I get back? This is so confusing. How can they just make mistakes like these and let people suffer :/

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Octanu said:
But won't they ask me to land at the airport when I get back? This is so confusing. How can they just make mistakes like these and let people suffer :/
They won't ask you to land at the airport. It is your choice if you would like to land there. You have one year time to land.

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Thanks! :)

rks0101 said:
Hello Hope1957,

The whole exercise (process from sending and receiving the passport) depending upon multiple factors could span between 1 week to 4 weeks, few cases may be longer, though most cases hover around 3 weeks. I would assume 3 weeks for median planning and worst case as 5 weeks.

Affecting factors are how far are you from the visa stamping office, how soon you respond, how many passports, have passport been renewed during application processing, how loaded is CIC, how quick is Canada post on return, etc., etc. (did I not mention...luck?. ;D.). I must add that generally CIC are quick on visa stamping and commend them for this.

Hope this helps!

SPATEL

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have a question that can we get an appointment for In-land landing while waiting for our passport?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
SPATEL said:
Hello everyone,

I have a question that can we get an appointment for In-land landing while waiting for our passport?
No. When you call CIC to book appointment, they will ask you details about the COPR valid till date.

SPATEL

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Toronto2013 said:
No. When you call CIC to book appointment, they will ask you details about the COPR valid till date.
Thanks Toronto2013,

one more question is, what options should I select to talk to a relevant CIC department because I just tried a call on CIC call centre number and I did not find any relevant option for it. Anyway I chose 2 and than 3 and 0 and after 15 minutes of wait a lady picked my phone and transfered me to another person and I almost waited for 10 more mins and the line got cut.

Unfortunately I could not talk to anyone from CIC. It would be great help if you know the correct options to choose.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
SPATEL said:
Thanks Toronto2013,

one more question is, what options should I select to talk to a relevant CIC department because I just tried a call on CIC call centre number and I did not find any relevant option for it. Anyway I chose 2 and than 3 and 0 and after 15 minutes of wait a lady picked my phone and transfered me to another person and I almost waited for 10 more mins and the line got cut.

Unfortunately I could not talk to anyone from CIC. It would be great help if you know the correct options to choose.

I know I struggled too . I chose 1 for verification of immigration doc and listened to all options and pressed 0 for the agent. They put me on hold for 20 mins and finally I got to speak to the agent. Good luck

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
SPATEL said:
Thanks Toronto2013,

2 options I know:

1) Press 1, 2 and 0
2) Press 1, 3, and 0.

Call them early morning, so wait time will be very less.

SPATEL

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Goku said:
2 options I know:

1) Press 1, 2 and 0
2) Press 1, 3, and 0.

Call them early morning, so wait time will be very less.
Thanks Goku and Toronto2013. Appreciate your help.

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
Toronto2013 said:
They won't ask you to land at the airport. It is your choice if you would like to land there. You have one year time to land.
Are you sure about that? Sorry I'm just scared and don't wanna delay the PR card further. Have you figured out what you're doing about it? My original date of entry and last date of entry are wrongly written as the same on the copr

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Octanu said:
Are you sure about that? Sorry I'm just scared and don't wanna delay the PR card further. Have you figured out what you're doing about it? My original date of entry and last date of entry are wrongly written as the same on the copr
Yes it is always your choice on when you want to land..before the COPR expires ofcourse. But you should have valid documents (WP and TRV) to enter canada if you are not landing as a PR.

I got an appointment to land at Etobicoke office in Toronto on 18th March.

sk13

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
13-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
: 12-01-2015, <br>Passports Sent: 15-Jan-2015, <br>Passport Recved: 16-Jan-2015<br>Shipping: Xpresspost USA
VISA ISSUED...
Tracker Activated: 03-Feb-2015, <br>Passports got Back: 06-Feb-2015
Hello,

If I land in Canada, and come back to USA and never returned to Canada, then do I need to file the Canada Tax for next 5 years, even though I am not living there?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/personal-finance/taxes/canadians-living-abroad-may-be-surprised-to-learn-they-owe-ottawa-taxes/article17592602/

sureo9

Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
20 Mar 14
Med's Request
10-sep-14
Med's Done....
17-sep-14
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12 Jan 15
VISA ISSUED...
28 jan 2015
LANDED..........
31 jan 2015
Hello Seniors ,,

The status in my Cic shows completed , but i cannot find the status for my PR card. where can you see the status for PR card e.g in process etc..

I landed on 31 jan 2015.