+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport - Please add your case here

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
rcbolio said:
Hi everyone who's received their passport,

Just wondering, how long is the PR visa valid for? Meaning how long do I have to land as a PR from the time I receive my passport? I am in Canada, but I need to travel in January, so I don't know if I should just wait to land when I come back from my travels since it seems that PR cards are taking way too long.

Sorry if this if off topic. If there is another forum I should post on, please let me know.

Thanks
I think, its mainly from the date of your medicals submitted till 1year and its the same for me as well.

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Hi Friends,
Yesterday(2-Dec-2014) I got my passports back and I went to landing on the same night to Rainbow bridge and its all went smooth and by that time we went only 1 person is there ahead of us.

Wish you good luck for the remaining applicants on who are waiting for this eagerly and its more painful to wait. But we can't do anything except to be patient.

cec2013july

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Name Passport Reached CIC
bappu ?
cec_1304 ?
sandeepsukh85 ?
prashi123 23rd oct (Did you receive your Passport back from CIC?)
kganapathi 23rd oct [still waiting]
magicalmind 28th oct (Did you receive your Passport back from CIC?)
mack_ra 29th oct (Did you receive your Passport back from CIC?)
armist 30th oct (Did you receive your Passport back from CIC?)
toronto.111 30th oct (Did you receive your Passport back from CIC?)
aks2013 31st oct (Did you receive your Passport back from CIC?)
anotherapplicant 2nd nov (US)
sun01 04th nov (Did you receive your Passport back from CIC?)
imd 10th nov
nabeeljafri 12th nov
minu23 14th nov
defrontier 14th nov
hondafan13 14th Nov
iamsureys 17th nov
cheemaprince_brar 17th nov
prav_02 18th nov
cand_knr 18th nov
ask1769 19th nov
cec2013july 19th nov
florenca 19th nov
wonderclicks 24th Nov
meayman 24th Nov
tortau 26th nov
knnn 28th nov
gopr 28th nov

This is the compiled list of folks waiting for their passport.

In case any of you have already received your passport or your return tracker has already been activated, pls advice so that I can remove your name from the list. Thanks.

KGanapathi

Jul 3, 2014
Passports reached CIC on Oct 23rd; Photo's reached CIC on Nov 6th; Return tracker not activated yet...and no response to any of my emails.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Want to share my experience of Landing at CIC office at etobicoke today .

Got an appointment at 8 am to 11 am .
Reached office at sharp 7:45 am , There were 6-7 people ahead of me to do landing in the queue . Within half an hour got a call from cic agent for interview. Interview is too big a word for the meeting whereas its moreover I feel a formality .

Handed over passports and COPR of both myself and my wife . I made them aware that original date of entry is wrong and they printed new set of documents (COPR) to rectify it which I believe is a + point of doing Landing at CIC office .

They asked set questions - Any dependents apart from wife , Any criminal offence - which both of us said "NO"

That's all , They took our photographs and pasted on respective COPR documents and asked both of us to sign , Once signed returned copy of it . They made us aware that COPR is an important document so keep it in a proper safe place without laminating it . Its useful also for Pension somewhere down the line in future.

Once signed , Agent congratulated and said the magic words " You are now Permanent resident of Canada" , Me and my wife just had a shine in our eyes and shared a smile watching each other .

Agent made us aware of SIN and OHIP update where SIN can be updated after a week as currently CIC system take time to be in sync with SIN system .

So the journey full of patience and perseverance is Over and I don't get happy easily but for sure this very day made me certainly happy .

I wish again everybody best of luck to people who are showing patience on their respective stages to be PR . Patience is the only key here that's all I interpreted with my journey .

Thank you all .

Vishal007

Sep 9, 2013
Gurindar said:

Reached office at sharp 7:45 am , There were 6-7 people ahead of me to do landing in the queue . Within half an hour got a call from cic agent for interview. Interview is too big a word for the meeting whereas its moreover I feel a formality .

Handed over passports and COPR of both myself and my wife . I made them aware that original date of entry is wrong and they printed new set of documents (COPR) to rectify it which I believe is a + point of doing Landing at CIC office .

They asked set questions - Any dependents apart from wife , Any criminal offence - which both of us said "NO"

That's all , They took our photographs and pasted on respective COPR documents and asked both of us to sign , Once signed returned copy of it . They made us aware that COPR is an important document so keep it in a proper safe place without laminating it . Its useful also for Pension somewhere down the line in future.

Once signed , Agent congratulated and said the magic words " You are now Permanent resident of Canada" , Me and my wife just had a shine in our eyes and shared a smile watching each other .

Agent made us aware of SIN and OHIP update where SIN can be updated after a week as currently CIC system take time to be in sync with SIN system .

So the journey full of patience and perseverance is Over and I don't get happy easily but for sure this very day made me certainly happy .

I wish again everybody best of luck to people who are showing patience on their respective stages to be PR . Patience is the only key here that's all I interpreted with my journey .

Thank you all .
Congrats !!!

DHAKA 2014

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 PER received...: 27-08-2014
AOR Received.
29-09-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-11-2014 Passport Reached:13-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2014 Passport Received:11-12-2014
LANDED..........
26-11-14
honey2vvandana said:
Guys,
Finally my return tracker got activated. :) Wish you all good luck....
Please tell us when your passport received by VO?

wonderclicks

Nov 3, 2013
Mississauga
cec2013july said:
bappu ?
cec_1304 ?
sandeepsukh85 ?
kganapathi 23rd oct (Did you receive your Passport back from CIC?)
viri 04th Nov (US)
jackie1003 10th nov
imd 10th nov
nabeeljafri 12th nov
cgupta123 12th nov
minu23 14th nov
defrontier 14th nov
hondafan13 14th Nov
iamsureys 17th nov
prav_02 18th nov
cand_knr 18th nov
ask1769 19th nov
cec2013july 19th nov
florenca 19th nov
tortau 26th nov
knnn 28th nov
gopr 28th nov
wonderclicks 20th Nov

In case any of you have already received your passport or your return tracker has already been activated, pls advice so that I can remove your name from the list. Thanks.

meayman

Sep 19, 2012
Thank you cec2013july for your effort.
Please add me to this list.
I got the ppr on Nov. 20th 2014
Passports sent next day and reached Ottawa on Nov. 24th. received by MR PILON
Return tracker hasn't been activated yet and now waiting.
Thanks!

cec2013july said:
bappu ?
cec_1304 ?
sandeepsukh85 ?
kganapathi 23rd oct (Did you receive your Passport back from CIC?)
viri 04th Nov (US)
jackie1003 10th nov
imd 10th nov
nabeeljafri 12th nov
cgupta123 12th nov
minu23 14th nov
defrontier 14th nov
hondafan13 14th Nov
iamsureys 17th nov
prav_02 18th nov
cand_knr 18th nov
ask1769 19th nov
cec2013july 19th nov
florenca 19th nov
tortau 26th nov
knnn 28th nov
gopr 28th nov

meayman

Sep 19, 2012
Congratulations Gurindar for landing.
I am now waiting for the passport and I am skeptical whether to do landing in a CIC office or do flag poling. I am far from borders and such a trip would be very costly and tiring. I wonder how long did it take you to get an appointment in a CIC office? I guess that's what everybody worries about, the delay in getting an appointment for inland landing.
Thanks!

Gurindar said:

Thank you all .

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
meayman said:
Congratulations Gurindar for landing.
I am now waiting for the passport and I am skeptical whether to do landing in a CIC office or do flag poling. I am far from borders and such a trip would be very costly and tiring. I wonder how long did it take you to get an appointment in a CIC office? I guess that's what everybody worries about, the delay in getting an appointment for inland landing.
Thanks!
Thanks .

My friend nowadays CIC is themselves calling folks to set up and appointment , This happened to me and I believe considerable amount of people also received it . After Passport received I got a call from CIC within 7 business days to attend interview in CIC office , I obliged by immediately saying yes. If you are not eager to do landing ASAP , Wait for a week if not call CIC and get an appointment .

Benefits

No Need to go to Border and deal with US folks ( Flag polling without US visa)
Looping out CBSA totally .
You can amend your COPR if any issues there itself
Time and Money .

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
cec2013july said:
jackie1003, imd, nabeeljafri, cgupta123, minu23, defrontier, hondafan13

for any one of you, did your return tracker got activated today?
My tracker just got activated...!