+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport - Please add your case here

I

Imam Gomaa

please I need help from seniors:
I forgot to send a returning envelop in the passports package I sent to New York office coz it was not mentioned in the email I received from them.
What should I do?
please RSAP!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Imam Gomaa said:
please I need help from seniors:
I forgot to send a returning envelop in the passports package I sent to New York office coz it was not mentioned in the email I received from them.
What should I do?
please RSAP!
First of all I am surprised why you have not read email carefully and missed the instruction provided.
if you are in Canada why you decided to send Passport to New York

Anyway coming to your original Q. If applicant forget to attach return Envelop, it will come to your mailing address via Canada regular post, which may take 3-4 days extra to deliver and no tracking for that

Good Luck

sherry.H

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_1304 said:
First of all I am surprised why you have not read email carefully and missed the instruction provided.
if you are in Canada why you decided to send Passport to New York

Anyway coming to your original Q. If applicant forget to attach return Envelop, it will come to your mailing address via Canada regular post, which may take 3-4 days extra to deliver and no tracking for that

Good Luck
I guess that's because his file is currently in New York ?

Yes they will return by regular mail.

I

Imam Gomaa

Thanks all.
First: This is the office I received my 'Ready for Visa email' from. And also this is where my application was transferred to.
Secondly: I read the email word by word and complied with the instructions, yet there is no mention whatsoever of returning envelop. I quote:
Courier Service: Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents using ANY courier services (Fedex, UPS, DHL).
For addresses in Canada:
Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).
Courier Service: Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents using ANY courier services (Fedex, UPS, DHL).
This office does not acknowledge receipt of passports.
Passport(s) are returned by mail within 30 business days. This period does not include mailing time.
So, do you recommend sending a returning express envelope to them with an explanation letter or just wait for their regular delivery?!
Thanks all.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
Imam Gomaa said:
Thanks all.
First: This is the office I received my Read for Visa email from. And also this is where my application was transferred to.
Secondly: I read the email word by word and complied with the instructions, yet there is no mention whatsoever of returning envelop. I quote:
For addresses in Canada:
Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).
Passport(s) are returned by mail within 30 business days. This period does not include mailing time.
So, do you recommend sending a returning express envelope to them with an explanation letter or just wait for their regular delivery?!
Thanks all.
Not sure where you got those words. But here's what it says in mine:

If you have a mailing address in Canada: To allow you to track your passports through the mail, we strongly recommend that you purchase two (2) PREPAID Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (National), letter-sized (318 x 241 mm), at any Canada Post retail outlet. CPC-Ottawa accepts no responsibility for any passport lost in the mail.

- Complete the mailing label on one envelope showing your mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
- Keep a tracking number sticker from each envelope.
- Fold and enclose the self-addressed envelope in the other envelope along with your passport(s) and a copy of this request letter.

Obviously, the second prepaid envelope is the returning one having mailing address to the "Delivery To" field.

I

Imam Gomaa

Dear cabalan:
This is the email I recieved from them:
Immigration Section
1251 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10020-1175
Tel: (212) 596-1783 * Fax: (212) 596-1791

The processing of your application appears complete at this time. Please submit the required passport(s) within 30 days to this office (not the VAC) as the issuance of your visa is time sensitive.

Note: As of December 1, 2011, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will no longer issue a Permanent Resident counterfoil to applicants from visa exempt countries. All applicants approved for permanent residence, whether they hold a passport from a visa exempt country or from a country requiring a visa for Canada, will continue to be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.

Please consult our website for a complete list of visa exempt countries:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions

If you and/or your dependent(s) hold a passport from a visa exempt country, this office will NOT require your/their passport(s) to finalize this case. Only submit the passport(s) for those persons who require a visa for Canada. For all others, submit a clear photocopy of EVERY page in their valid passport

Passport Requirements
! Your original passport (must be valid for at least one year) and the original passports for each of your accompanying dependants.
! Please ensure that there is at least one blank page, other than the last page, in each of the passports. A parent and one or more children may share the same passport. If there is more than one child included in the parent's passport, ensure there is one blank page for each child.
! The immigrant visa placed in your passport shows an expiry date. You may enter Canada anytime before the expiry date shown on the visa; this date cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date, you will be required to re-apply and submit new application and processing fee.
! Please note: Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

Photographs

! Four (4) additional photos for yourself and your accompanying dependants. (Please see the following instructions)

*** IMPORTANT REMINDER***

- On the back of one photo of each person (principal applicant and each family member), write the person's name, and enclose one photo of each person in an envelope.
- Enclose the rest of the photos of the principal applicant and family member in a separate envelope.
You MUST comply with these requirements within 30 days from the date of this letter. Return this letter with all of the documents listed above within the prescribed period. You must advise this office in writing of any change in your civil status or family composition
(i.e. marriage, divorce, birth of new child, etc) and mailing address.

Mailing instructions :
For U.S.A. clients:
Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in the United States via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).
U.S. EXPRESS MAIL: If you prefer U.S. Postal Service Express Mail, please enclose with your application a pre-paid U.S. Express Mail envelope - the correct U.S. postage must be affixed (we only accept regular stamps, metered stamps not acceptable). Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address. USPS has recently changed its "flat rate" policy for "Express Mail" or "Priority Mail" envelope, be sure to specify that the envelope will be mailed from New York City. If this envelope is not provided or if it has incorrect postal charges, your documents will be returned by regular mail without further notice to you.

For addresses in Canada:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Do not submit your passports at this time if:

You have married or divorced since our last correspondence
or
You have given birth to or adopted a child since our last correspondence
or
You intend to get married or divorced prior to your landing in Canada
or
If you will give birth or adopt a child prior to your landing in Canada
(if you are expecting a child and are able to land in Canada before the child is born, you should do so. Failure to land after visas are issued and before additional dependants are born will result in the need for a new application and a new fess for all family members.)

If the above conditions apply:

Your new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and undergo full processing procedures:

You should immediately send to this office:

! a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate
or
! a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected
! To take place.

Failure to follow these instructions:

If you fail to follow these instructions you will not be allowed to land in Canada with your family.
Your file is closed with the issuance of your visa and it cannot be reopened.
You will be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees for all family members

Photograph Specifications

The photograph must:

Show a full front view of the person's head and shoulders showing full face centered in the middle of the photograph;
Have a plain white background;

The photographs must measure:

Between 25 mm and 35 mm (1” and 1 3/8”) from chin to crown
Have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size.

**Photographs must not have staple holes, stamps, creases or tears in them.

To be completed and returned with your passports

I agree that the permanent resident visa will be affixed to my passport and dependents' passports, if applicable.
My Permanent Resident visa will be mailed to _________________________________
(your name or authorized individual) at the following USA / CANADIAN address:

Street Address:__________________________________________________

Suite/Apt #:_____________________________________________________

City:___________________________________________________________

Province/State: __________________________________________________

Zip/Postal Code: ________________________________________________

Phone #: _______________________________________________________

Fax #: _________________________________________________________

Email address: __________________________________________________

Applicants' Signature: ____________________________Date_______________

1251 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020-1175
Canadian Consulate General/ Consulat Général du Canada
www.newyork.gc.ca
cid:image001.jpg @ 01D034AE.490DCF20

NorthYorkGuy

Mar 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP-sent with application
Med's Request
upfont
Passport Req..
28-Apr-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2015
LANDED..........
07-May-2015
Passports received at Ottawa 29-Apr.

pvr

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
13-06-2014
LANDED..........
24-05-2015 :)
Just sent passports via CP xpresspost,Hope they will reach by tomorrow :)

NorthYorkGuy

Mar 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
upfont
Passport Req..
28-Apr-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2015
LANDED..........
07-May-2015
wasabi said:
mine too, wating eagerly for tracker to turn green from red
green to red?

[flash=200,200]http://I get below msg?[/flash]

We were not able to find any results

Unfortunately, the number you entered is not in our tracking system.

This could be due to one of the following reasons:

The number you entered is incorrect.
Check the number and try again.
Confirm the number is in fact a tracking number. View tracking number formats and where to find your number.
Check with the sender to see if you have the right number or if the item has been shipped yet.
The item was sent recently, but we have not yet received it from the sender. Check back later or Request Delivery Updates by Email from the table below.
The item was sent from another country, but has not reached Canada yet. Track it on the postal website of the originating country first.
The item was shipped more than a year ago, in which case we no longer have tracking information.
This service does not include tracking. In future, if you need to track your item, choose one of our trackable shipping services.
Please note that this is the most up-to-date information available in our system. Our customer service representatives have access to the same information presented here. If a tracking number is not in our system, our customer service representatives are not able to provide any further details.

wasabi

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
NorthYorkGuy said:
green to red?

[flash=200,200]http://I get below msg?[/flash]

We were not able to find any results

Unfortunately, the number you entered is not in our tracking system.

This could be due to one of the following reasons:

The number you entered is incorrect.
Check the number and try again.
Confirm the number is in fact a tracking number. View tracking number formats and where to find your number.
Check with the sender to see if you have the right number or if the item has been shipped yet.
The item was sent recently, but we have not yet received it from the sender. Check back later or Request Delivery Updates by Email from the table below.
The item was sent from another country, but has not reached Canada yet. Track it on the postal website of the originating country first.
The item was shipped more than a year ago, in which case we no longer have tracking information.
This service does not include tracking. In future, if you need to track your item, choose one of our trackable shipping services.
Please note that this is the most up-to-date information available in our system. Our customer service representatives have access to the same information presented here. If a tracking number is not in our system, our customer service representatives are not able to provide any further details.

red to green ...
when u used mobile app of the canada post then there is green icon if tracking number found else red icon if not found, i was referring to that

NorthYorkGuy

Mar 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
upfont
Passport Req..
28-Apr-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2015
LANDED..........
07-May-2015
wasabi said:
red to green ...
when u used mobile app of the canada post then there is green icon if tracking number found else red icon if not found, i was referring to that
ok..thanks.

Try this link too.
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/business/support/mailing-and-shipping/how-to.page