Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Octanu said:
Awesome! Really happy for you :)
Where are you planning to land? And for how long is the visa valid for?
Thanks! I'll probably just go to the border (I'm in Vancouver). its valid for 1 year, but I want to do it asap haha. :D

kapil1974 said:
Congrats bro. They drop passports in mailbox?
apparently they did. I guess my return xpresspost envelope is small enough to be put inside the mailbox

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
Octanu said:
Awesome! Really happy for you :)
Where are you planning to land? And for how long is the visa valid for?
hi r u from toronto ..
. which is best way for landing at cic office Etobicoke or by broader crossing.

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
rajjj said:
hi r u from toronto ..
. which is best way for landing at cic office Etobicoke or by broader crossing.
I am from Toronto but haven't received my passport back yet. I just sent it last week and I'm confused also about where to do landing and also because I have to travel at the end of next month so idk if I should now or later. Can anyone tell me how people get the travelling document and do you have to get it from Canada before you leave?

freefaller

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Hello everyone,

I live in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
I sent my passports on Feb 18th 2015. My BOWP expires on April 7 2015.
I am assuming I will get my passport back my 2nd week of march 2015. (am I assuming wrong ?)

There mite be a possibilty that, after i get my passport and landing papers, they (immigration office) do not have time for me before my BOWP expires, which is, April 7 2015.

Can I call Immigration and book an appointment for landing at the local immigration office (Canada Place) before I get my passport and landing papers ?

I really wish to save the time and troubles of a trip to border.

please advise.

Thanks & regards.

XanderZ

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 22, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 24, 2014
Med's Done....
May 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Octanu said:
I am from Toronto but haven't received my passport back yet. I just sent it last week and I'm confused also about where to do landing and also because I have to travel at the end of next month so idk if I should now or later. Can anyone tell me how people get the travelling document and do you have to get it from Canada before you leave?
If I were you, I'll hold the landing as PR until you actually finish your travel(if ur planning to travel to outside of canada). Then you land when you actually enter/back to canada.

Because to my knowledge, after you landed as PR, you can't travel anywhere outside canada until you got your PR card.. which can take up to 2-3 months from the current trend.

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
XanderZ said:
If I were you, I'll hold the landing as PR until you actually finish your travel(if ur planning to travel to outside of canada). Then you land when you actually enter/back to canada.

Because to my knowledge, after you landed as PR, you can't travel anywhere outside canada until you got your PR card.. which can take up to 2-3 months from the current trend.
Yeah I have to travel outside of Canada. Really confused. I think I should call CIC.

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Octanu said:
Yeah I have to travel outside of Canada. Really confused. I think I should call CIC.
Please refer to the last line of this link. This is from cic. I believe you are good to go. I am in similar situation.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=748&t=22

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
ra07980 said:
Please refer to the last line of this link. This is from cic. I believe you are good to go. I am in similar situation.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=748&t=22
Thank you buddy!

freefaller

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am assuming I will get my passport back my 2nd week of march 2015. (am I assuming wrong ?)

There mite be a possibilty that, after i get my passport and landing papers, they (immigration office) do not have time for me before my BOWP expires, which is, April 7 2015.

Can I call Immigration and book an appointment for landing at the local immigration office (Canada Place) before I get my passport and landing papers ?

please advise.

Thanks & regards.

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
If your picture on file(for PR Card) is okay, you will get ur pp by march mid (2-4 weeks fr stamping, sometimes faster).
You can call to book an appointment only after ur passport and copr. CIC call center will pass your request to the local CIC office and they will contact you with the date of appointment for landing, which may hv a wait time of 4-8 weeks or even more or sometimes less.

Once you get your PR visa stamped, you cant apply for a WP anymore. Probably you can call CIC after receiving your COPR & PP and check the wait time, else make a trip to the border.

freefaller said:
Hello everyone,

please advise.

Thanks & regards.

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
gopr said:
If your picture on file(for PR Card) is okay, you will get ur pp by march mid (2-4 weeks fr stamping, sometimes faster).
You can call to book an appointment only after ur passport and copr. CIC call center will pass your request to the local CIC office and they will contact you with the date of appointment for landing, which may hv a wait time of 4-8 weeks or even more or sometimes less.

Once you get your PR visa stamped, you cant apply for a WP anymore. Probably you can call CIC after receiving your COPR & PP and check the wait time, else make a trip to the border.
hi thanks for sharing this info.
It's seems like cic gives wait time for appointment .

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
a.dhillon said:
Is there any one who sent his/her passport to CIC around 14 feb and still waiting for passport back from cic
I sent mine on the 13th n it got there on the 16th of feb.still waiting