+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Passport - Please add your case here

TheRedDevil

Oct 27, 2014
jasminep said:
Quite a bit of situation here: Canada Post website says "Item successfully delivered" at around 6pm today. But ironically nothing in my mail box... No missed delivery notice, no community post box key, nor anyone came to my door. Am bit worried..... It was xpresspost envelope....... Is a signature required when passport is returned?
If you purchased a "signature required" sticker when you sent the envelope along with your passport, they will need a signature. Otherwise they just leave it in your mailbox or you have to go ask your local post office.
It happened to me last time I applied for TRV extension. I had not purchased a signature required sticker. Tracker showed item successfully delivered but no notice was left at the door. Nothing was in the mailbox either. Next day I called customer care and they didn't have any other information (who delivered it, etc) except that the item was successfully delivered at the destination address. They couldn't track it at all so a case was opened for me.

Luckily the passport was in my mailbox the next day without any notice. I was never contacted by Canada Post regarding the case they had opened...

Just call them and see if they can help you out. Also, check your mailbox tomorrow as well.

jasminep

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Nov 2013
AOR Received.
12 Jan 2014
Med's Request
06 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
12 Jun 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
21-Nov-2014
TheRedDevil said:
If you purchased a "signature required" sticker when you sent the envelope along with your passport, they will need a signature. Otherwise they just leave it in your mailbox or you have to go ask your local post office.
It happened to me last time I applied for TRV extension. I had not purchased a signature required sticker. Tracker showed item successfully delivered but no notice was left at the door. Nothing was in the mailbox either. Next day I called customer care and they didn't have any other information (who delivered it, etc) except that the item was successfully delivered at the destination address. They couldn't track it at all so a case was opened for me.

Luckily the passport was in my mailbox the next day without any notice. I was never contacted by Canada Post regarding the case they had opened...

Just call them and see if they can help you out. Also, check your mailbox tomorrow as well.
@TheRedDevil
Thanks a lot ...i guess there isn't much to do and wait till tomorrow as you suggested. We called the CP call centre and they opened a case and said we need to contact the sender in case we don't receive it by tomorrow.

vpathakg

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
Stratford
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-01-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
09-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014, CEC updated June-30-2014
Passport Req..
Oct-27-2014, sent Passport to CIC
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
jasminep said:
@ TheRedDevil
Thanks a lot ...i guess there isn't much to do and wait till tomorrow as you suggested. We called the CP call centre and they opened a case and said we need to contact the sender in case we don't receive it by tomorrow.
I am always scared of CP, but why the hell CIC ask us to use CP if they know all abt CP.
God Help me my passports are in their hands.

Djpolarbear

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 6, 2014
AOR Received.
March 5, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
Med's Request
August 21, 2014
Med's Done....
August 25, 2014
Passport Req..
November 1, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2014
LANDED..........
November 24, 2014
Finally my return envelope is activated :)

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
vpathakg said:
I am always scared of CP, but why the hell CIC ask us to use CP if they know all abt CP.
God Help me my passports are in their hands.
Can't we make a complain against CP. How can be they so careless? I hate them. Moreover, CIC ask only use the CP envelop or they use regular mail. Which is more worst. What the hell.
What's deal with signature required sticker....? Just make it simple courier asshole. Even their own employee does not know about what is that? When I brought my envelop then lady told me "YES. IT WILL REQUIRED A SIGNATURE" but then I figured that out I did'not buy that option. I am so pissed off with her and of course mine mistake too. I should not have believed her.

Any ways. God bless us and we receive our passport safely in our hands. CP is the scariest part.

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Hi,
I have sent my passport for stamping and it was reached Ottawa on 10-Nov-2014 and my ecas status changed to "Decision Made".
My current Work permit is valid till 30-Nov-2014.
If in case, If I dont receive my passport, do I still need to apply for BowP.

Could you please help me in clarifying this.

Thank you.

Turco

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
rajapr17 said:
Hi,
I have sent my passport for stamping and it was reached Ottawa on 10-Nov-2014 and my ecas status changed to "Decision Made".
My current Work permit is valid till 30-Nov-2014.
If in case, If I dont receive my passport, do I still need to apply for BowP.

Could you please help me in clarifying this.

Thank you.
I would't apply for a BOWP. CIC has been very fast to send passport back. By the time you get your BOWP you will probably be landed.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Congrats to people whose Tracker got activated .

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
TheRedDevil said:
Haha! If I get my passport today I'm planning to go asap. What documents should I take with me?
COPR and Passport
All Work Permits
PayStub and Bank Statements(Not Necessary but what if they ask)
Marriage Certificate ( IF wife is also part of Landing)
Driving License ( Address Proof)

TheRedDevil

Oct 27, 2014
Gurindar said:
COPR and Passport
All Work Permits
PayStub and Bank Statements(Not Necessary but what if they ask)
Marriage Certificate ( IF wife is also part of Landing)
Driving License ( Address Proof)
Got some dumb questions but please bear with me...

All work permits? I've had 3 or 4... due to extensions.. damn it I'll have to find the old ones.
Bank stuff is all electronic... Nothing comes in mail. PayStub for how many months?
Driving License doesn't have the same address as the work permit. Can I still show that?
NOA could work?

KaranKrishna

Jul 10, 2014
Proof you have paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee ($490) if applicable *For each adult *

Ø Two Permanent Resident Card sized photos for each person on this application taken within the last 6 months –only if the photos are not already attached to your COPR document when you receive it in the mail.

Ø All of your dependants if they are included in this application

Ø Your own interpreter, if required

Ø Your sponsor if you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal Class. Sponsor must bring photo ID.

Ø Proof of income for yourself and your sponsor/spouse. Proof includes recent paystubs, employer letter.

Ø If currently receiving Social Assistance, provide proof of financial benefits.

Ø All Immigration documents in your possession.

Ø Your current Social Insurance Number (SIN) card (if a number has been issued to you by Service Canada)

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
TheRedDevil said:
Got some dumb questions but please bear with me...

All work permits? I've had 3 or 4... due to extensions.. damn it I'll have to find the old ones.
Take the Latest one that would work .
Bank stuff is all electronic... Nothing comes in mail. PayStub for how many months?
You can go to your bank and ask for Statement , Paystub for last 3 months I feel ok , I am taking Last 3 to prove my Employer Name and that I am employed.
Driving License doesn't have the same address as the work permit. Can I still show that?
Not a problem , But your Ecas address matches with Driving License r8t ? That will suffice.
NOA could work?
No need for NOA