+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for oath

shailendra

Dec 30, 2010
I applied for the citizenship in july 2014 they sent me rq and in august 2015 they sent me the citizenship test .now I'm waiting for oath .I call the cic office they told me my waiting time is 2 year .what should I do this is very frustrating .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do but wait.

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
and for sometime forget you ever applied. RQ case will take time (advise - don't check forum or status everyday)

mshehzad

Jan 10, 2012
hi
whats your ECAS status does it shows decision made

mine is same
i had an rq and also i wrote the test in first week of nov 2015
and decision made is now the status
but no oath date till now

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Order ATIP and see whats going on with your file based upon where files struck talk to you local MP and ask him to write letter asking for delay and why it has been struck , without ATIP you have no help
Order it ASAP

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
shailendra said:
Mine is in process.I sent the letter to cic month ago didn't get response. Can I send one more mail
Have you request ATIP report, that give a better idea about your case.

Dont know if your file is been considered as regular or non-routine. Non-routine application mean, you had few days short of required number of days or has excessive travel history. If you had excessive travel history its NOT a big deal, you can wait.

However, if you were short than the required number of days, the chances are not so bright. The option is withdraw your file.

Only if you are eligible under new citizenship rule ie you have more than 1460 days in the last 6 years. You may consider an option of withdrawing and re-apply under the new rules for faster results. Than waiting endlessly, its not worth plus no guarantee of approval.

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well Non-routine application is just not sure to excessive travel history its can be anything that require, BG check , criminal activity etc , its better to see ATIP report and your residential requirement is not met then better re apply with new rules , but first order ATIP rather then we shooting arrowing in all direction

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
aloksh25 said:
Well Non-routine application is just not sure to excessive travel history its can be anything that require, BG check , criminal activity etc , its better to see ATIP report and your residential requirement is not met then better re apply with new rules , but first order ATIP rather then we shooting arrowing in all direction
This is precisely what I suggested, first obtain ATIP report to get better idea for the next course of action.

In most of the cases, non-routine related to the shortage of number of days or excessive overseas travel, may be few cases concerned with BG check and criminal activities especially for people from countries where the threat level perception is remain high.