+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for oath - Mississauga office

N’tec

Nov 5, 2020
Hi I redid my test November 26
December 14 everything cliched to completed except for the oath .Can someone shed some light on this please thanks

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Ok. What did they say for delay
Got GCMS notes last year. Just gave a little more detail on what I already knew - 'In Progress'. Physical presence not completed.

The web queries (both last year) were a different experience. Covid blah blah blah finally ending in "we are prioritizing those who can still travel". Whatever that meant.

ramsaran2022

Jan 6, 2022
Hi,

I will be applying for citizenship soon, my question is how the processing office (Mississauga in this case) is assigned? Is it by residence location? Or by random.

thanks in advance for the help.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Ok. It's frustrating to wait for so long just for the oath
I hope I am not overthinking this.

My guess is that the Background Check and/or Prohibitions, even though marked 'Completed' have an expiry date. The system reads it as 'Completed' (previously) although there may be another Background and/or Prohibitions check which is going on. Only when the new check is completed will the Oath process start. So for those who have an Oath pending for a long time, we should definitely see a 'Ghost Update' where the date will change on the system, but you won't be able to make out anything because all elements have been showing 'Completed' since the previous update.

Difficult to validate this without a second set of GCMS notes. I'll be requesting another one and hopefully that should shed some light.

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
I hope I am not overthinking this.

My guess is that the Background Check and/or Prohibitions, even though marked 'Completed' have an expiry date. The system reads it as 'Completed' (previously) although there may be another Background and/or Prohibitions check which is going on. Only when the new check is completed will the Oath process start. So for those who have an Oath pending for a long time, we should definitely see a 'Ghost Update' where the date will change on the system, but you won't be able to make out anything because all elements have been showing 'Completed' since the previous update.

Difficult to validate this without a second set of GCMS notes. I'll be requesting another one and hopefully that should shed some light.
Ok. I have also ordered gcms and waiting for it

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
I am waiting for Oath since DM in July 2021. I have completely lost faith in the way IRCC works and i am not sure what else could i do to nudge them. I am a Feb 2020 applicant and everyone in my group have to progressed much further. I am just waiting for an oath invite and I am not sure what is the problem with this - they just respond saying its in queue and you will be invited by mail when its your turn. When will it be my turn? and why are other applications after mine who got decision made after me getting invited for oath ceremonies.