+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Oath Invitation - VANCOUVER OFFICE Timelines

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Congrats! And how long did it take for the Certificate to arrive? Was it through Canada Post? And did CP put it inside your mailbox?

My file was with the Vancouver office and the certificate was received within a week via CP. They are not allowed to fold it so it will be handed in person if your mailbox is small. In my case, my building has a bigger mailbox for special/larger deliveries and CP left the key in my personal mailbox.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
My file was with the Vancouver office and the certificate was received within a week via CP. They are not allowed to fold it so it will be handed in person if your mailbox is small. In my case, my building has a bigger mailbox for special/larger deliveries and CP left the key in my personal mailbox.
Interesting. I have a small mailbox (my building doesn't have parcel locker yet). I wonder what will happen if I am not home when they deliver it? I have some anxieties regarding this. I don't want any more delays or complications with IRCC. I wish there was a way to track the certificate once it's dispatched from the local office

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Interesting. I have a small mailbox (my building doesn't have parcel locker yet). I wonder what will happen if I am not home when they deliver it? I have some anxieties regarding this. I don't want any more delays or complications with IRCC. I wish there was a way to track the certificate once it's dispatched from the local office
In your case, CP will likely leave a missed delivery note in your mailbox which you can collect the same or the next day by visiting CP. At the same time, I have read more than couple of cases across this forum that CP has literally crammed the certificate inside the boxes by folding the envelope - much to applicants dismay lol. Although it shouldn't matter tbh. Also there was atleast 1 instance where Purolator :rolleyes: was used for Certificate delivery - which really concerned me because I had terrible experiences with government issued docs couriered with them. They only handover deliveries by hand and if they don't have access to the intercom (which is the case in my building), you will need to wait for a day (sometimes 1+ week in my case) and travel far to their sparsely located branch to collect. Fortunately for me, like the OP, I have the bigger shared CP mail box in my building as well. In any case, I have yet to be scheduled for Oath, so yeah thats the least of my worries now LOL.

Reactions: funloving

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
In your case, CP will likely leave a missed delivery note in your mailbox which you can collect the same or the next day by visiting CP. At the same time, I have read more than couple of cases across this forum that CP has literally crammed the certificate inside the boxes by folding the envelope - much to applicants dismay lol. Although it shouldn't matter tbh. Also there was atleast 1 instance where Purolator :rolleyes: was used for Certificate delivery - which really concerned me because I had terrible experiences with government issued docs couriered with them. They only handover deliveries by hand and if they don't have access to the intercom (which is the case in my building), you will need to wait for a day (sometimes 1+ week in my case) and travel far to their sparsely located branch to collect. Fortunately for me, like the OP, I have the bigger shared CP mail box in my building as well. In any case, I have yet to be scheduled for Oath, so yeah thats the least of my worries now LOL.
I had Purolator delivered some packages to me from Amazon. The worst delivery services ever. I hope Canada Post will deliver my certificate and not them. I have a couple of nearby post offices in case I missed it. I guess rolling it up inside the mailbox won't do that much change in the certificate if the mailman is careful. We will see how they will deliver it to me.

Reactions: funloving

Piper2020

Apr 29, 2021
I live in an apartment and even though the envelope says do not fold they did not buzz me. They simply put it in my mailbox kind of folded but the actual certificate is in plastic so its fine

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I live in an apartment and even though the envelope says do not fold they did not buzz me. They simply put it in my mailbox kind of folded but the actual certificate is in plastic so its fine
Lazy mailman. There is a difference between folding and rolling the envelop in the mailbox. With folding they leave a line in the middle of the certificate. While rolling it may bend it on the edges, which is better than a line in the middle, I guess. I am waiting anxiously my certificate. I plan to be home during the delivery time so they buzz me to take it by hand (I hope). I wish Canada post installed parcel lockers earlier in all buildings. That could have solved the issue of folding/rolling the certificate.

Reactions: vvarma

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Applied July 2020, took test 20 Sept 2021, application marked complete 7th Dec 2021. Oath "Not Started". I'm not really in a hurry so I forget to check on it, but it seems like I should keep a closer eye on it at this point in the process (whisperings on other threads of only getting 1 week notice for the ceremony date and time? What?)

Are they still doing virtual ceremonies?

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Applied July 2020, took test 20 Sept 2021, application marked complete 7th Dec 2021. Oath "Not Started". I'm not really in a hurry so I forget to check on it, but it seems like I should keep a closer eye on it at this point in the process (whisperings on other threads of only getting 1 week notice for the ceremony date and time? What?)

Are they still doing virtual ceremonies?
Well...they only do virtual with the excuse of Pandemic. And thats where the massive backlog is across all LVOs. Also for Vancouver office, the average time (from the 2020 tracker) since past 2-3 months is 15-16 days of advance notice for Oath. Unfortunately, for DM to Oath time frame predictions, the data points for Vancouver are scarce and they are all over the place - from 2-3 days to 200+ days and counting. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Amalthea

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I had Purolator delivered some packages to me from Amazon. The worst delivery services ever. I hope Canada Post will deliver my certificate and not them. I have a couple of nearby post offices in case I missed it. I guess rolling it up inside the mailbox won't do that much change in the certificate if the mailman is careful. We will see how they will deliver it to me.
Same experience here. Terrible company and should be out of business.:mad: CP is like zillion times better.
Funnily, Purolator is owned by CP LOL

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Congrats! And how long did it take for the Certificate to arrive? Was it through Canada Post? And did CP put it inside your mailbox?
Thank you! It was very quick.

My timeline:

19 Jan - Oath Ceremony
19 Jan - Emailed Signed Oath
20 Jan - Oath Status updated to Complete in tracker
21 Jan - Citizenship Application Closed in tracker
25 Jan - Certificate arrived by mail

It was delivered by CP. They have access to my building so the postman handed it to me personally.

Reactions: Chittur and vvarma

finpudding

Star Member
May 25, 2018
I guess the question should be anyone received oath ceremony for DM after 31st December 2021 or in 2022
Lol. Well I’m not quite sure about how slow the Vancouver office is… approximately how long people are waiting for oath after DM?

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Lol. Well I’m not quite sure about how slow the Vancouver office is… approximately how long people are waiting for oath after DM?
I got a reply from Surrey office stating oath invitations are being sent out 3-6 months after DM, but I know for 2021 applicants that does not apply :) so I don't know what to say, nobody gives a ____ about 2018/19 applicants and soon 2020 applicants will start falling in this category

Reactions: mrbreizh