+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for IRCCs response after submitting reply to Procedural Fairness Letter

Will.I.AM

Jan 29, 2021
Can people share here how long they've waited before they get a response from IRCC after replying to Procedural Fairness Letter?

I know it's a case-to-case basis but were there instances where IRCC responded after few weeks or just after a month?

Reactions: sharmgop

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can people share here how long they've waited before they get a response from IRCC after replying to Procedural Fairness Letter?

I know it's a case-to-case basis but were there instances where IRCC responded after few weeks or just after a month?
It varies massively. Anywhere from a few weeks to over a year in some cases.

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019

Did you get a reply after your submission to pfl?

Will.I.AM

Jan 29, 2021
Did you get a reply after your submission to pfl?
Yes, got a positive reply after a month. Technically mine is not a PFL but a hybrid of PFL and request for additional docs. I considered it a hybrid because IRCC asked for an additional doc and at the same time asked me for an explanation but was not cited of any IRPA article.

ma5590

Jan 24, 2018
Yes, got a positive reply after a month. Technically mine is not a PFL but a hybrid of PFL and request for additional docs. I considered it a hybrid because IRCC asked for an additional doc and at the same time asked me for an explanation but was not cited of any IRPA article.
Do you mind me asking what was your situation? I think I had gotten something similar. Although article 16 of IRPA was cited, article 40 wasn't cited

Will.I.AM

Jan 29, 2021
Do you mind me asking what was your situation? I think I had gotten something similar. Although article 16 of IRPA was cited, article 40 wasn't cited
No I dont mind at all. Actually I didnt read that I need to submit additional documents regarding the remark on my police clearance. Furthermore, I answered No to the question if I have ever convicted, charged or party to an offense because it didnt register to me that a simple infraction happened 20 yrs ago emcompasses to that question as Im not aware that it was filed as a case for not paying the fine. I explained the situation in all honesty and admitted my mistake on answering the question. I made my application represented by an immigration lawyer to make sure we're addressing what are needed and provided explanation backed up with facts.

I would suggest if you were cited by an article from IRPA to seek help from an immigration lawyer as thats your last chance on proving you deserve getting permanent residency.

ma5590

Jan 24, 2018
No I dont mind at all. Actually I didnt read that I need to submit additional documents regarding the remark on my police clearance. Furthermore, I answered No to the question if I have ever convicted, charged or party to an offense because it didnt register to me that a simple infraction happened 20 yrs ago emcompasses to that question as Im not aware that it was filed as a case for not paying the fine. I explained the situation in all honesty and admitted my mistake on answering the question. I made my application represented by an immigration lawyer to make sure we're addressing what are needed and provided explanation backed up with facts.

I would suggest if you were cited by an article from IRPA to seek help from an immigration lawyer as thats your last chance on proving you deserve getting permanent residency.
I have somewhat of a similar situation. I flagpoled to get my PGWP and didn't realize that constituted as a refusal of admission. I got a "Request Letter" but the contents are similar of that of a PFL and asking me why I answered No to the question "have you ever been refused admission to Canada or any other Country". I have hired a lawyer and they are building up a strong reply.

I have mentioned in my Travel History that I went for Flagpoling on that day and also in my Letter of Explanation. I don't think the officer looked at those since there was no reference to that in his notes. The only thing written in the notes are "Concerns letter regarding statuory questions sent this date".

Did anyone go through anything similar? Any advice?

Will.I.AM

Jan 29, 2021
Is IRCC asking additional documents from you?If none and they are asking for an explanation and cited IRPA articles and IRCC mentioned "I have concerns..." then I believe thats a PFL. You did the right thing by getting an immigration lawyer and all you have to do is to be honest and be apologetic on your explanation. Goodluck!

I have somewhat of a similar situation. I flagpoled to get my PGWP and didn't realize that constituted as a refusal of admission. I got a "Request Letter" but the contents are similar of that of a PFL and asking me why I answered No to the question "have you ever been refused admission to Canada or any other Country". I have hired a lawyer and they are building up a strong reply.

I have mentioned in my Travel History that I went for Flagpoling on that day and also in my Letter of Explanation. I don't think the officer looked at those since there was no reference to that in his notes. The only thing written in the notes are "Concerns letter regarding statuory questions sent this date".

Fleur90

May 18, 2020

Hello, so where you refused a visa that you did not declare at the end? I'm in a similar situation only because of my ignorance and nothing intentional. How did you reply at the end? The thing is I was not aware that my application for visa actually came through as I did not even submit a passport so I concluded that I was never rejected. So I mentioned in the PRC application that I was never rejected a visa to any other country, Also I do not have any proof, though tried to email the embassy but did not manage to. Please if you have any advice

Reactions: forevermsbh7866
Aug 13, 2022
Hello, so where you refused a visa that you did not declare at the end? I'm in a similar situation only because of my ignorance and nothing intentional. How did you reply at the end? The thing is I was not aware that my application for visa actually came through as I did not even submit a passport so I concluded that I was never rejected. So I mentioned in the PRC application that I was never rejected a visa to any other country, Also I do not have any proof, though tried to email the embassy but did not manage to. Please if you have any advice
What was ur response from IRCC? I am in same boat..

akinlab2009

Aug 30, 2019
Have they replied to your PFL letter if i may ask

Gd1018

Feb 8, 2023

Hi there,
I am in the exact same situation now. I flagpoled and did not mention in my trv application. I have submitted a response letter with the help of rcic. Could you tell me what happened to your application and how long did it take for you to get a response ?

Thanks

Builted

Sep 12, 2023
Hi there,
I am in the exact same situation now. I flagpoled and did not mention in my trv application. I have submitted a response letter with the help of rcic. Could you tell me what happened to your application and how long did it take for you to get a response ?

Thanks
any updates concerning your situation? im in a similar situation

Q.VU

Aug 1, 2023
Does anybody know if IRCC will send you a notice that they received your PFL response and it is being reviewed, OR will they just keep silence til a decision is made?
I sent PFL response 20 days ago but i ve not received anything except for an automated message right after i sent the email that day .

thank you