+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting Desperately! BOWP or Not before PPR?

forbetterlife

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
My AOR 31 October, CEC Inland. 4 months passed, but the status is still "Medical passed, background check in progress" since last 16 November. The problem is my current work permit is going to expire at the end of this April. I'm not sure whether I can receive my PPR before 30 April, and I don't want to waste money on application for BOWP because some guys said this January the processing time for BOWP might be longer than PPR time. But until now I still haven't received any update. I'm waiting desperately now. I'm afraid there were some possible problems in my application so that it would be rejected, if that way, I would not be able to apply BOWP before the expiry date. Any cases where they received rejections after 4 months? Am I over-worried? I cannot consult any friends in reality since I am the first one applying under new policy in my workplace, so I have to speak out my worries here so that I can get some ideas what I should do for next steps. Many thanks. Good luck to everyone!!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you ordered GCMS notes yet? Your 'R10' needs to be ok before applying for BOWP. The only thing is because it is relatively early in my application process I don't know how to do this. I've read on this forum some people say ordering GCMS notes costs money and others say ordering GCMS Notes is free.

forbetterlife

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
JoacRy said:
Have you ordered GCMS notes yet? Your 'R10' needs to be ok before applying for BOWP. The only thing is because it is relatively early in my application process I don't know how to do this. I've read on this forum some people say ordering GCMS notes costs money and others say ordering GCMS Notes is free.
Thanks for reply. I ordered GCMS note on 29 Feb, which was free. I think my R10 should be okay since it already passed 4 months and all status seems normal.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please tell me how to order GCMS notes? It may come in handy if my application is lucky enough to make it to the 4 month stage. I may also need to apply for BOWP as my Working Visa expires on 26 June 2016.

forbetterlife

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
JoacRy said:
Can you please tell me how to order GCMS notes? It may come in handy if my application is lucky enough to make it to the 4 month stage. I may also need to apply for BOWP as my Working Visa expires on 26 June 2016.
Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Good luck.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
forbetterlife said:
My AOR 31 October, CEC Inland. 4 months passed, but the status is still "Medical passed, background check in progress" since last 16 November. The problem is my current work permit is going to expire at the end of this April. I'm not sure whether I can receive my PPR before 30 April, and I don't want to waste money on application for BOWP because some guys said this January the processing time for BOWP might be longer than PPR time. But until now I still haven't received any update. I'm waiting desperately now. I'm afraid there were some possible problems in my application so that it would be rejected, if that way, I would not be able to apply BOWP before the expiry date. Any cases where they received rejections after 4 months? Am I over-worried? I cannot consult any friends in reality since I am the first one applying under new policy in my workplace, so I have to speak out my worries here so that I can get some ideas what I should do for next steps. Many thanks. Good luck to everyone!!
There is not much that you can do :) Wait until mid-April then apply for BOWP. You can continue working on implied status until you either get your BOWP or COPR.

If you check October EE spreadsheet you will see that roughly 40% of CEC inland applicants are still waiting for decision. If nothing is wrong with your application, there is no point worrying yourself :)

But in case that your PR application gets rejected your BOWP will also be rejected.

forbetterlife

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
AAA2133 said:
There is not much that you can do :) Wait until mid-April then apply for BOWP. You can continue working on implied status until you either get your BOWP or COPR.

If you check October EE spreadsheet you will see that roughly 40% of CEC inland applicants are still waiting for decision. If nothing is wrong with your application, there is no point worrying yourself :)

But in case that your PR application gets rejected your BOWP will also be rejected.
Thank you for your kind reply. How about getting BOWP before any update from PR application? Still get rejected after PR Application is rejected?

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
forbetterlife said:
Thank you for your kind reply. How about getting BOWP before any update from PR application? Still get rejected after PR Application is rejected?
Yes. The requirement is to have a PR application in process.

forbetterlife

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
AAA2133 said:
Yes. The requirement is to have a PR application in process.
Still confused. What I mean is if the BOWP is issued before final decision of PR, then application for PR is rejected, how about the early-issued BOWP? Will it still be invalid? Many thanks.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
forbetterlife said:
Still confused. What I mean is if the BOWP is issued before final decision of PR, then application for PR is rejected, how about the early-issued BOWP? Will it still be invalid? Many thanks.
Not sure, IMO it's very unlikely to hear about BOWP before PR. Current processing time for WP is ~4 months, by that time your PR application will be 9-month old.

forbetterlife

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
AAA2133 said:
Not sure, IMO it's very unlikely to hear about BOWP before PR. Current processing time for WP is ~4 months, by that time your PR application will be 9-month old.
It might depend on different cases. I heard one applicant got her BOWP before the PPR. Hope I am overworried. Thanks for your kind words.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
forbetterlife said:
If you get BOWP before PR rejection, you'll be allowed to stay and work because you WP will still being valid.

As say before, don't worry too much, just be sure to apply properly for BOWP (could be tricky, check the forum), on time before your current WP expires, adding your WP and AOR, and a good letter of explanation. Don't make mistakes in documents, forms or fees (255+100 each).

If you get PR before BOWP (probably), just sent a letter of withdrawal through Case Specific Enquiry site to get refund if BOWP application didn't started (perhaps even if started but not finished)

forbetterlife

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Gregor.Samsa said:
If you get BOWP before PR rejection, you'll be allowed to stay and work because you WP will still being valid.

As say before, don't worry too much, just be sure to apply properly for BOWP (could be tricky, check the forum), on time before your current WP expires, adding your WP and AOR, and a good letter of explanation. Don't make mistakes in documents, forms or fees (255+100 each).

If you get PR before BOWP (probably), just sent a letter of withdrawal through Case Specific Enquiry site to get refund if BOWP application didn't started (perhaps even if started but not finished)
Thank you very much for your suggestions. Much appreciated...

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Gregor.Samsa said:

I second this.