+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting after Background Check went in progress!

Arindam1788

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Eligibility is passed
Criminality is passed
Medical passed
Info sharing complete .
Security is what's delaying my application now. In the last gcms note I requested for, under activities, the first 4 entries were security related and blank. The 5th entry was also security related but with some info. My security check commenced in August I think cos in my gcms notes, under organization and fees, I noticed that my info was send to an organization with acronym CB... I'm guessing that's CBSA.
My file is being processed at IRCC Calgary though and I've heard that those guys can be slow
Hi...in ur profile can you see any status for your eligibility and criminal record passed? In my account it's showing checking whether the application meets the eligibility criteria and in bgc they mentioned we are processing your background check. Will let you if any further information is needed.
My medical was passed back in December

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi...in ur profile can you see any status for your eligibility and criminal record passed? In my account it's showing checking whether the application meets the eligibility criteria and in bgc they mentioned we are processing your background check. Will let you if any further information is needed.
MyCIC online will not change till you get your CoPR...

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Then how can I get to know the correct status of my online application? I am from India can I call there cic ofc no?
You can speak with the IRCC call center agent. You need to have patience(that's the most important thing) because you may have to call multiple times. You need to have your Application#, UCI#(they may ask for additional verification) handy.

Client Support Centre agents - MondaytoFriday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.(EST) except forstatutory holidays. Services are available inFrench and English.

If you are calling from Outside of Canadayoucan use Google Hangout/Skype. Check the tipon how to call from outsideCanada:https://www.immigroup.com/news/how-call-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-outside-canada

If you are living in Canada you can order GCMS notes from: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/(this service is free) or use getgcms.com to order your notes if you areoutside of Canada(this requires some payment).

During your call you should ask the followingquestions:

- Status of your Eligibility - Passed or Met or Review Required ?
- Status of your Criminality - Passed or ongoing ?
- Status of your background or security check -Passed or Not Started or Ongoing ?

Answer to these will help you determine what’s going on with your application.

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
That's what your cic account will continue to say until your application is approved. Mine says exactly the same as yours; however, the gcms note shows everything that's been passed and IRCC Call Centre has also confirmed that. So, your gcms has more info on what's been done

Arindam1788

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
That's what your cic account will continue to say until your application is approved. Mine says exactly the same as yours; however, the gcms note shows everything that's been passed and IRCC Call Centre has also confirmed that. So, your gcms has more info on what's been done
I called the ircc call center just now. They are saying they can't give more info rather than what is showing in my account. If it's showing under review they can also tell that only as they don't have any other detailed information regarding any eligibility chwleor background verification. I don't if they can provide more info or not.

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
I called the ircc call center just now. They are saying they can't give more info rather than what is showing in my account. If it's showing under review they can also tell that only as they don't have any other detailed information regarding any eligibility chwleor background verification. I don't if they can provide more info or not.
That's ridiculous. They can. It mostly just depends on who you talk to. The few I've spoken to always tell me that I've passed all the checks, except security. The easiest way to find out what's happening with your application is getting GCMS notes

Arindam1788

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
That's ridiculous. They can. It mostly just depends on who you talk to. The few I've spoken to always tell me that I've passed all the checks, except security. The easiest way to find out what's happening with your application is getting GCMS notes
I read somewhere that gcms notes take almost 30-40 days to process from India. Is it correct?

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
I read somewhere that gcms notes take almost 30-40 days to process from India. Is it correct?
That's the standard processing time for gcms regardless of your location. When I requested for mine, it took just over 30days

Arindam1788

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
That's the standard processing time for gcms regardless of your location. When I requested for mine, it took just over 30days
I called ircc again yesterday night. The person told me that as per their record eligibility and security check has not started yet. Criminal check is in progress from November 7th. I am wondering is it normal or not. That after 4months of submitting application still eligibility and security check has not started.

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
I called ircc again yesterday night. The person told me that as per their record eligibility and security check has not started yet. Criminal check is in progress from November 7th. I am wondering is it normal or not. That after 4months of submitting application still eligibility and security check has not started.
What stream did you apply under

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
I applied under fsw stream.
IRCC Call Centre agents won't provide more information than they've already done. Order GCMS notes as that's the only way for sure to know what's been done or not and then based on what you find in the notes, you can raise a CSE to inquire about your application

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
I am starting this new thread to have a discussion with applicants whose background check went to in progress and are waiting for the PPR. I believe that for inland applicants the BGC goes to in progress very soon after the application is filed, but for the outland applicants it is the last step in their application process. Recently the trend was also seen applicants whose BGC went in progress received PPR within a day or two, but I don't think that is the case anymore.

If you are one of them whose BGC went to in progress, please share your timelines. For those who are still, lets see what data we can find and chat while things are hopefully moving.
Hello, we are sponsoring parents for immigraiton - PGP 2016.
Their background check started in April last year (April 2018), and still its ongoing :(
Is it normal to have a background check running so long? Can it go on forever? Any ideas of timelines would be really helpful.