+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting after Background Check went in progress!

dnandwani

Jun 13, 2016
Hi friends,

Hope you guys have gotten Ur PRs already. Following are my details, pls write if u have any piece of advise for me ask am getting lil impatient:

Àor Mar 24
Medical passed May 25
1st BGC May 26 in progress
RPRF June 02 and BCG changed to not required at the moment.
2nd BGC in process June 23.

I think next stage is PPR. I am getting impatient now, when should I expect it?
Thanks

rkeys

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
Nomination.....
15-07-2016
AOR Received.
16-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Hi guys
Inland dec 2015 applicant.
Application showed medical passed on 7th july and with that background check also got updated to processing.

Also a final decision slot was also added to my application and it says we will change this as soon as we reach your finish process of application.

My question: How long does it takes now after background check is finished and i get passport call??

Thanks

vaev108

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Category........
CEC
I am starting this new thread to have a discussion with applicants whose background check went to in progress and are waiting for the PPR. I believe that for inland applicants the BGC goes to in progress very soon after the application is filed, but for the outland applicants it is the last step in their application process. Recently the trend was also seen applicants whose BGC went in progress received PPR within a day or two, but I don't think that is the case anymore.

If you are one of them whose BGC went to in progress, please share your timelines. For those who are still, lets see what data we can find and chat while things are hopefully moving.

Hi legal falcon,
CEC
AOR- April 10
Medical pass May 4
Ip1 since may 4
Additional documents uploaded before
June 10
Status showed additional documents status: being reviewed since July 28

Called cic on Aug 14
R10 completed
Criminality and eligibility - in process
Security - not started

Status of additional documents: been uploaded since August 15 afternoon.

What is your opinion?
How long it will take to complete eligibility and criminality?
130 days since AOR,,

an56k

Aug 22, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Hi Guys,

I am working currently in the US on F-1 visa which ends in August end and I am planning to come to Canada on Aug 30th. The thing is that my PR application is still in progress. Below are the details:

Application submitted : June 1,2017
E-AOR : June 2, 2017
Meds Passed : July 14, 2017
Status Update : We are processing your background check : August 16, 2017

My question is : Is it fine for me to go Canada on Visitor Visa and wait there? Since my visa in US is expiring and have to leave from here by this month's end.
Also, I mentioned US as my country of residence at the time of application. Do I need to update the address to CIC of where I will going to stay in Canada. I have my relatives in Toronto...

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!!!

PB87

Sep 20, 2017
Hi guys!

Can someone help me figuring out in which stage am I in? My info and timeline below:

CEC Outland
AOR: July 7, 2017
Medical passed and processing BG: August 24, 2017

Never saw BG as N/A after my Medical got updated and my status at this moment since Aug 24 is as below:

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I'm in IP1 or IP2? Should I contact the immigration office? Not sure if they will be able to help me with more info.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: jman25

an56k

Aug 22, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
01-06-2017
AOR Received.
02-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
Hi guys!

Can someone help me figuring out in which stage am I in? My info and timeline below:

CEC Outland
AOR: July 7, 2017
Medical passed and processing BG: August 24, 2017

Never saw BG as N/A after my Medical got updated and my status at this moment since Aug 24 is as below:

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I'm in IP1 or IP2? Should I contact the immigration office? Not sure if they will be able to help me with more info.

Thank you so much!
"We are processing your background check" generally means starting of your IP2. In most cases, and mine too haha, it takes about 2-3 weeks to get PPR. Good luck!!! It may be coming soon for you. Cheers!!

PB87

Sep 20, 2017
"We are processing your background check" generally means starting of your IP2. In most cases, and mine too haha, it takes about 2-3 weeks to get PPR. Good luck!!! It may be coming soon for you. Cheers!!
Thank you so much! I called Ottawa and they didn't provide me much info but they said that my application is currently being processed by the Case Processing Center in Ottawa. Are those good news? Does that mean I'm in IP2? Thanks!

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Please help with my timeline experts!
CEC Inland
AOR Aug 20
MEP Sep 5
Never noticed any NA or anything, just after MEP, I can see the following:

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

I called CIC, they said they are still processing. Any idea what stage I am in right now? Is this IP2?