+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting after Background Check went in progress!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you Legal Falcon for the post.... By the way I want to let you that I send an email to CPC Ottawa asking about the status of my application and this is the reply i got this morning

Dear XXXX,
Please be advised that your application has been approved and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline.
Please note that we do not require any information from you at the present time. You will be receiving instructions shortly. Regrettably, we are unable to provide you with a timeframe, but rest assured we are doing what we can to process your application in a timely fashion.

Could you suggest what this means... Is it that my PPR is on its way????
Could you please suggest???
With the words "your application has been approved" it surely means that you are through and your could expect a PPR any day.

Reactions: anup_abc

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon,

Just called CIC. AOR 28th January , PNP Inland.

Nothing much done with my application so far in 144 days from AOR. Very frustrating.

Eligibility - recommended pass
Criminality - in progress
Security - Not started

My timeline
AOR - 28th January
Medical - 10th April
IP1 10th april
ADR - child's birth certificate 3rd may
document submitted - 9th may
Nothing after 3rd may from CIC
IP1 still in progress.

She gave tentative date for finalization of my application as first week of November.

Do you think they will finalize my application in November?
I wouldn't rely on tentative date. If your eligibility is "recommended passed" I hope that your will have the PPR way before that November. Most likely before September, given that your BGC goes smooth.

Do you think it still can be finalized in 6 months?
They try and get things done within 6 months, but delays in BGC, additional documents or an additional review will throw the application outside 6 months. Barring these reasons, your application should be processed within 6 months.

I think security itself will take couple of months?
Yes. Security or BGC is a time consuming process. See https://goo.gl/7wQ5CT for a detail analysis on security.

Also, as we have seen as per GCMS notes, criminality get passed at CIO. Why criminality is still under progress? I think it should be passed by now.
Criminality is usually based on the PCC. In some cases IRCC needs additional checks which makes criminality take a little longer or they may want to verify your PCC with the issuing agency.

Do you think when my file will be reviewed again criminality and eligibility will be passed at same time?
I don't believe in speculation or trends. Every file is different and anyone predicting is just foolishness. I believe in facts and whats on the paper. So keep a track of your file through GCMS, as they are the only way to know what is going on. And, I don't want to give you wrong information.

Do you think eligibility wouldn't be recommended passed if criminality is not passed?
Criminality and eligibility have no connection. They are separate.

Do you think additional document request slows down speed of your application? In my case after 3rd May nothing happened.
Yes, as even if you submit the documents the same day you get the request, it takes IRCC a few week to add them to the system and then another few weeks to review them.

Regards

Reactions: Donsteve14

andybitty

May 30, 2017
Also
thanks legalfalcon, security not started means literally not started or do you think it can be started behind the scene and undergoing. I am planning to order gcms notes. Also, my New Zealand PR application got refused because of unauthorized consultant. I declared this in all my applications is with Canada? Do you think this can be reason for delay in background checks.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Also

thanks legalfalcon, security not started means literally not started or do you think it can be started behind the scene and undergoing. I am planning to order gcms notes. Also, my New Zealand PR application got refused because of unauthorized consultant. I declared this in all my applications is with Canada? Do you think this can be reason for delay in background checks.
The security is a multi layered process, which includes criminality, BGC, etc. The IRCC conducts criminality based on the PCC and also runs an applicants name through the FOSS (system which existed before GCMS). Then the files is sent to CSIS for security. When the GCMS notes say not started, they only refer to the CSIS aspect and not the criminality and FOSS checks.

Having the NZ PR application refused will not impact your Canada PR application. However, if the application was refused for misrepresentation, it will be noted in the NZ and NZ is a partner country, which make cause delay in your security checks.

cococoffee

Jun 9, 2017
YEs. PPR is next in line. But this is the second time your BGC went in progress? If not, then the BGC will go IP then NA and then IP, this is the actual BGC.

Hi Legalfalcon,

following are the stages if i am not wrong in which the BGC is taking place on my application

initially BGC- > In progress
secondly BGC-> Not applicable
at present BGC- In progress

hoping within this month Should hear back for PPR but not sure :p

Thanks again for your expert advise and hoping to hear from you on this.

Good Day/-

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

following the stages in which the BGC is taking place on my application

BGC- > In progress
BGC-> Not applicable
at present BGC- In progress

hoping within this month Should hear back for PPR but not sure :p

Thanks again for your expert advise and hoping to hear from you on this.

Good Day/-
If you had the BGC go in progress the second time, that means it is going on and most likely completed and IRCC will have to update it on the system, which they sometimes sleep over. But everything seems to be good and is is just a matter of time.

All the best!

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
Wish everybody a speedy PPR especially those currently on IP2

Reactions: canadacanada17

cococoffee

Jun 9, 2017
If you had the BGC go in progress the second time, that means it is going on and most likely completed and IRCC will have to update it on the system, which they sometimes sleep over. But everything seems to be good and is is just a matter of time.

All the best!

Thank You Legalfalcon,

Really appreciate your comments

Will keep you all updated as to when will i receive a PPR

Hoping with in this month. God's Grace things will move in a positive way.

anup_abc

Star Member
May 16, 2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2017
With the words "your application has been approved" it surely means that you are through and your could expect a PPR any day.
Hi Legalfalcon,
I have heard from people who received similar sort of response that they have been waiting for more than a month. Do you have any idea why it happens and why the file is pending for long time after the application is approved???

Shereef

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2016
Doc's Request.
01-02-2017
Nomination.....
10-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
IELTS Request
Express Entry
Med's Request
Express Entry
Med's Done....
23-09-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2018
It went to in progress for the second time in jan 2017, nothing ever since the doc request in feb

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
FSW Outland, BCIP went in progress on 26th April, still waiting... GCMS notes show Security Screening.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
I have heard from people who received similar sort of response that they have been waiting for more than a month. Do you have any idea why it happens and why the file is pending for long time after the application is approved???
Applicants who call IRCC call centre may sometimes get this. This happens when the application is approved, but something is pending to be updated. Could be a CSIS report or simply the file being forgotten. This is what delays the applications even after they are approved. However, as of now, the things are good at going at great speed.

cococoffee

Jun 9, 2017
Wish everybody a speedy PPR especially those currently on IP2
Applicants who call IRCC call centre may sometimes get this. This happens when the application is approved, but something is pending to be updated. Could be a CSIS report or simply the file being forgotten. This is what delays the applications even after they are approved. However, as of now, the things are good at going at great speed.

Hi Legalfalcon,

Have a query

1) BGC - In progress

2) BGC- Not applicable (at this stage, does it mean that they have completed the background check and that is the reason it became not applicable?)

3) Now BGC- in progress, again at this stage , is the background check which was previously completed is going through a second review??

What I mean to say is that, I have heard that any application gets approval only after multiple reviews by multiple case officers etc, meaning they will check the application once, twice or may be thrice, not sure if this is correct though,

So @ first when the BGC went to not applicable from in progress - As per my understanding one ( the first) case officer might have approved it and sent it to the other one for approval.

at this stage when the BGC again has turned into In progress from not applicable, meaning it is with the second case officer? something like that?

What is your view on this ???

Thanks in advance/-

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

Have a query

1) BGC - In progress

2) BGC- Not applicable (at this stage, does it mean that they have completed the background check and that is the reason it became not applicable?)

3) Now BGC- in progress, again at this stage , is the background check which was previously completed is going through a second review??

What I mean to say is that, I have heard that any application gets approval only after multiple reviews by multiple case officers etc, meaning they will check the application once, twice or may be thrice, not sure if this is correct though,

So @ first when the BGC went to not applicable from in progress - As per my understanding one ( the first) case officer might have approved it and sent it to the other one for approval.

at this stage when the BGC again has turned into In progress from not applicable, meaning it is with the second case officer? something like that?

What is your view on this ???

Thanks in advance/-

BGC comprises of security and criminality. Security is done by CSIS while Criminality is done by IRCC based on your PCC and a database check in FOSS/GCMS. This is why they go to IP and then NS and then back to IP.

Security is the last thing to happen in an application, which starts after the eligibility is recommended passed.

Reactions: BlessedGirl

cococoffee

Jun 9, 2017
BGC comprises of security and criminality. Security is done by CSIS while Criminality is done by IRCC based on your PCC and a database check in FOSS/GCMS. This is why they go to IP and then NS and then back to IP.

Security is the last thing to happen in an application, which starts after the eligibility is recommended passed.

So, umm, guessing that may be the security check is on at the moment, could be anything

see this is the thing, I cant even get the CGMS notes because mine is a outland FSW application

Cant check whats exactly happening though/-