+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting a long time for background clearance to complete

msameer_04

Jul 11, 2017
Hello all, so it seems this is quite a common occurance. For people's applications to get stuck in background checks. I applied under the BCPNP program, paper application, and I have had everything done except this background check.
My timeline is as under:

March/2016: AOR
April/2016: Application processing started
Nov/2016: medical cleared, ROPR fees paid and nothing since. It's showing "in process" ever since.

So I have contacted CSIS directly to see what stage my background check is at and then I can contact CIC once I get the results back from CSIS.

If anyone else is in the same boat, please share on this post. Thanks.

Kayk1974kay

Jul 4, 2017
Hello all, so it seems this is quite a common occurance. For people's applications to get stuck in background checks. I applied under the BCPNP program, paper application, and I have had everything done except this background check.
My timeline is as under:

Nov/2016: medical cleared, ROPR fees paid and nothing since. It's showing "in process" ever since.

So I have contacted CSIS directly to see what stage my background check is at and then I can contact CIC once I get the results back from CSIS.

What did CSIS says concerning your enquiry? Thanks

msameer_04

Jul 11, 2017
What did CSIS says concerning your enquiry? Thanks
I sent them a request regarding the status of my background check only a few days ago. It says it can take up to 8 weeks for them to reply back. So will have to wait. Will update on this forum when I get a reply back from them.

lady_me

Jan 6, 2018
My timeline is as under:

Hi may I know what is CSIS? How long did you wait for your background check? I’m still waiting.

msameer_04

Jul 11, 2017
Hi may I know what is CSIS? How long did you wait for your background check? I’m still waiting.
It’s Canadian Secret Intelligence Services. They are Canada’s spy agency. They review all PR applicants before approval. What date was your initial appliaction if I may ask?

lady_me

Jan 6, 2018
It’s Canadian Secret Intelligence Services. They are Canada’s spy agency. They review all PR applicants before approval. What date was your initial appliaction if I may ask?
My AOR is May 2016, do you have any idea what will I do? Thanks

msameer_04

Jul 11, 2017
My AOR is May 2016, do you have any idea what will I do? Thanks
Not much you can do other than contact your local federal MP, they can enquire with CIC about your application status. And you can request GCMS notes. Other than that you just have to wait unfortuntely. Nothing much you can do.

lady_me

Jan 6, 2018
Not much you can do other than contact your local federal MP, they can enquire with CIC about your application status. And you can request GCMS notes. Other than that you just have to wait unfortuntely. Nothing much you can do.
Oh ok, I contacted my local MP, and he said background check still on process and no ongoing issues.

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
Msameer_04 have your security screening cleared?